Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

on 3/9/2017 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a truly beautiful palette, and all the hype about it is justified!

The shadows are gorgeous and inspired by colors found in Victorian-era paintings. The name and soft velvet case add to the allure and I find this palette to be "enchanting" if that makes sense. Let's be honest, when something comes in pretty packaging, it's that much more exciting to use!

The colors are unique and very warm. There are reds, burnt pinks and oranges, umbers, taupe, and gold. All the colors compliment each other in some way and while not all are wearable in a work setting, they'd be great for going out. I can't wait to wear the warm orange and red tones in the summer.

The consistency is smooth but powdery, so there is a lot of fallout as others have mentioned. Because the colors are so pigmented, I don't feel the need to do much more than dab these with a brush anyhow, so I have pretty minimal issues it. Still, I had to give the overall score a 4/5 for this reason.

I'm happy with this purchase overall and would recommend getting it if you've been considering it.

on 3/8/2017 2:27:00 PM

I ordered this as soon as it was released last summer. The colors, the names of the shades and the palette itself, I just had to have it. I think my problem is I feel like I need to be the 1st one to have things and just have to add things to my collection, even if I'm not necessarily going to use them often. Maybe one day i'll learn. Anyways, regardless of the fact I don't use this that often, it is beautiful and I do love it. I don't go out a lot and I wear glasses, so I think I shy away from experimental makeup for this reason. My favorite shades, the only ones I've really used are vermeer, warm taupe and buon fresco. I loveeee warm taupe in the crease and vermeer on the lid. Beautiful. I was surprised I didn't have anything like vermeer in my collection. I got scared to use it, though, because I didn't want to run out but found a dupe in morphe pressed pigment- champagne nights. My usual everyday look is a shimmery cream on the brow bone, nude on the lid and a light brown on the crease. I switched it up and used buon fresco one day instead of brown and loved it, it's so subtle but just beautiful, esp since I have green eyes. Red ochre, venetian red and love letter are all gorgeous and I need to really try and use these. I'm thinking love letter will be even better in the summer with a tan and venetian red maybe under the eye smoked out with a neutral lid will look cool. Goloden ochre is so strange, but in a good way. Another one I need to really try. The colors are all very on trend, the warm browns and oranges and reds/pinks mixed with some more basic neutrals. Shades are nice, creamy, easy to work with and blend. I'm hoping that once I finally get contacts i'll be more willing to create cool eye looks (i've seen so many beautiful ones with this palette) but for now with glasses I just feel like you can't really tell or it makes my eyes look smaller. Overall I am glad I have this palette and think I would repurchase if I ever ran out. Also, I love the color of the palette. I know some people say the material bothers them but I've kept the box and always put it back in once i'm done with the palette. I think this would be a nice starter palette for someone, too. Loads of neutrals in a good formula, 14 shades, with some pops of colors and current trend shades. I think worth $42.

on 3/1/2017 6:42:00 PM

It was a pain to get a hold of but the colors are lovely. The formula is not my favorite. I prefer their single shadows better for the mattes but they're not bad. They just kick up a lot of powder when you dip your brush in. The pigmentation is excellent. They blend nicely.
I don't much care for the packaging. It has a furry (can't remember the name for it) coating on the lid which gets dirty fairly easily. I've already stained it. Beyond that, it's that. It's fairly compact.
The brush that comes with it is very nice, especially considering what most palettes come with. All in all I like it. The two reddish/pink colors were the selling points for me. They are stunning.

on 2/26/2017 8:12:00 AM

This palette has beautiful unique colors. However, I find it not easy to work with. Some shadows are creamy in tin, and this 1 isn't. The change in the consistency once they are in the lid threw me off. The brush that came with it is ok, but for blending; you will need something better.

on 2/23/2017 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the eyeshadows, both the texture and the colors. However, I have already hit pan on one of them, after only a month of use, and the brush broke in two after a couple of weeks.

on 2/18/2017 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm loving the colours! The only problem is-- it's actually not creamy- the way most describe it to be. Yup, it's more chalky. I will try the tarte palette next but I still love this palette, I just combine bobbi browns shadows for a less chalky look. Bobbi brown saves the day! Still give 4/5

on 2/7/2017 1:15:00 AM

Love the colours, they're so beautiful and pigmented. There's a lot of kick off with the matte shadows which is the only bummer. But overall a must have!

Editing my review: after a year of having this palette and wanting to love it so bad it just doesn’t work. I’m an NC 15 and the colours DEFINITELY wear ME. It just doesn’t look right and no matter what I do they muddy up into a mess. I will keep trying... I bought myself too faced sweet peach and they work way better for my cool toned skin and blue eyes.

on 1/11/2017 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was a miss for me altough shadows are of great quality. Mainly because i fell for hype not thinking if the colour range is good for me. So if you have fair to light skin with yellow undertones, blue/ gray eyes and neutral to cool blonde hair, think again if you think of buying it. Ive found that most looks i can get from this dont suit my complexion/eyes/hair.

on 12/28/2016 9:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Best palette by ABH I prefer this over any over her previous palettes. The colors are beautiful and very pigmented! A little goes a long way.