Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

on 12/12/2016 1:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a really good palette. The colors are so soft and buttery, but there is quite a bit of fall out. The main point of my review is to get a few dupes out there for anyone that hasn't been able to get their hands on this..

Tempera is a light pinkish/cream color pretty close to many others. Booty call (naked 2) virgin (naked 1) crepe (lorac mega pro 3)..

Golden Ochre is a soft yellow toned brown. It's great in the crease. I don't have a dupe.

Vermeer is an almost exact dupe for sin from the UD Naked palette

Buon Fresco is very close to dusty muave (LMP3) and close to nooner (Naked 3)

Antique Bronze - MAC dark brew - Sequioa (LMP3)

Love Letter - No dupe for me

Cypress Umber - Espresso from the Lorac Pro

Raw Sienna - MAC saddle - Terracotta from LP3

Burnt Orange - Tawny (LMP 3) - Peanut Butter (TF Chocolate Bar Semi Sweet)

Primavera - Cava (LMP 3)

Red Ochre - no dupe - somewhat close to Goji LMP 2

Venetian Red - similar to rich berry from smashbox light it up blush palette

Warm Taupe - zone (UD gwen stefani) cool taupe (lorac 3)

Realgar - no dupes from me

So, all in all, the real stand outs of this palette are the reds and oranges. Love letter, red ochre and realgar were unique to my pretty neutral based collection. It makes for a good handful of different looks from this palette. The package says to discard after 6 months and I did notice that even with clean brushes these shadows seem to get bumps and grit in them. They are very loosely packed and make a dent pretty quickly.

I don't regret this palette in any way, I like it. It just fits that one little area of my collection that I don't have (cranberry, red and orange) and I reach for it when I am in the mood for that look. I do feel that the shadows are not very long wearing even with a primer. They sometimes muddy together and even fade. It is a solid palette and I would recommend it to true make up lovers that just love having the newest thing - but not a must have. (Not that you should take my word for it because obviously I HAD to have it)

This is my first Anastasia Palette and probably going to be my only. I was easily able to pass on the Mario Palette and if the trend keeps up that they raise the price and lower the amount of product, I can pass on all of the rest.

To begin with, I own a lot of makeup but I am not very skilled in makeup. I always do eye looks with less than three shadows because I am not that good at blending and i always look muddy if I try to do smoky eyes. I was drawn to this palette because of the colour selection and those are my favourite combination of shades I've ever seen in a palette! However I really dislike it the first few times I used it because the shadows are way too pigmented and it is hard to control. I used a fluffy brush and a crease brush but ended up looking really muddy. Until one day I tried out the brush that came with the palette and it made a lot difference because of the size and shape of the tapered side was way more suitable than brushes I used before. I tried to create a smokey look and it worked ( what I mean by it worked is that I dare to go out with the look ). I began to fall in love with this palette again because I found a way for this to work for beginners and people like me that doesn't know a lot about blending shadows like a professional. Plus for my daily looks, I can simply use one of the beautiful shades in combination with my other less pigmented shadows to look even more natural! Plus it was distinguishable that these shadows last longer than my urbandecay and Mac. Glad I didn't return it at the first place but gave it chances and tried to make it work !

on 10/20/2016 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this palette. It's a lovely addition to a collection if you're lacking in warm toned palettes, or if you simply just love warm toned eyeshadows! The pigmentation is beautiful. The only downside to this palette is that the two light shimmery shades (vermeer & primavera) are extremely similar, and are frankly, not that good. They're weirdly chalky. They still work, but are very powdery and don't come across as shimmery as I'd like. Another thing is that Love Letter & Venetian Red look almost identical. They could've easily added something more unique. The last issue that I have is that the packaging gets dirty extremely easily and looks hideous if you use it regularly!

I just love half of the colors and will probably never use the other half... it's still worth it for the price but I think it's weird they chose to put all of those colors together.

on 9/13/2016 1:34:00 PM

This is a very nice set of shadows. Warm toned, they blend well and there is a nice array in terms of types of consistencies. The pigmentation is crazy but with that comes fall out so be warned. These colors certainly go well with this winter's trend of reddish hues and since I have always been a fan of warmer shades I am pleased to see them here. [Caveat: To be honest, however, I feel that there are a couple of shadows that look very similar to each other or at least come off that way when blended on the eye.] Overall I would recommend this palette if you like the warmer, reddish colors in shadows. Although a bit more expensive than some other Anastasia shadow collections, this is probably worth the money.

on 9/6/2016 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This palette is so good!! I bought the chocolate bar a few weeks before and I was so happy with it but after getting this palette I could inmediately tell that the quality in this palette is better! Pigmentation, softness and color payoff is just amazing, the only reason I didn't give it the 5 lippies is because the packaging gets dirty very quickly! If you don't mine that, you'll end up getting a unique, beautiful and versatile palette!
Ps; the brush is good quality

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

This is a really beautiful palette with shades that compliment all skin tones. The shadows are highly pigmented, blend easily, and are soft like butter. I recommend not being heavy handed with these.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love the product, HATE the packaging. These eyeshadows are extremely pigmented and so blendable, but the velvet packaging is terrible IMO. I have the original naked palette which the packaging for that product is similar and for a while I had put off purchasing the ABH palette because of it. Not only does the packaging get extremely dirty from eyeshadow fallout and other makeup that you might set it next to, but velvet is my "nails on a chalkboard" for lack of a better phrase. I decided to purchase this because I never got my hands on the original Lorac Mega Pro, which had a lot of burgundy and deep plum tones (the ABH palette has a few) and I figured that this would be similar (which it is - in quality and in shade tones). I do wear this palette on a daily basis and do enjoy that I can get a complete look out of this palette (this palette has shades that work great for highlight, transitions, bases, lids & crease colors) that way I don't have to grab for another palette. I find myself reaching for lid shades a lot and am thankful that although this palette (for my skin tone) has only a few, there are options for me to choose from to create different looks. 4/5 - because of the packaging. Also happy that this palette is permanent, a lot of limited edition palettes can be so hard to get a hold of - and it definitely left a hole in my heart to not get my hands on the original mega pro palette just because I was 2 weeks behind the bandwagon.

on 8/13/2016 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love hate relationship with this palette. Love the variety of shades, blendability, and packaging. However I hate that when you barely touch your brush in the matte shades, TONS of powder goes flying everywhere. I feel like it's wasting product and I end up having to blow it away. The shimmery shadows don't do that. That being said, you can create a lot of different eye looks with this palette which I appreciate.

on 8/5/2016 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

***I only indicated that I wouldn't repurchase this because I never repurchase palettes (i've never finished one tbh).***

I absolutely love this palette. It's got way more pigment than the Self Made palette, which was a sour disappointment. It is so buttery soft and pigmented, dare I say, more smooth and buttery than the Lorac Pro palettes and/or the Too Faced palettes. All of these shades are so beautifu and unique, and glide on effortlessly. I ABSOLUTELY HATE the felt packaging though, I've had this a week and it already looks dingy and gross :(