Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

on 3/1/2017 6:42:00 PM

It was a pain to get a hold of but the colors are lovely. The formula is not my favorite. I prefer their single shadows better for the mattes but they're not bad. They just kick up a lot of powder when you dip your brush in. The pigmentation is excellent. They blend nicely.
I don't much care for the packaging. It has a furry (can't remember the name for it) coating on the lid which gets dirty fairly easily. I've already stained it. Beyond that, it's that. It's fairly compact.
The brush that comes with it is very nice, especially considering what most palettes come with. All in all I like it. The two reddish/pink colors were the selling points for me. They are stunning.

on 2/26/2017 8:12:00 AM

This palette has beautiful unique colors. However, I find it not easy to work with. Some shadows are creamy in tin, and this 1 isn't. The change in the consistency once they are in the lid threw me off. The brush that came with it is ok, but for blending; you will need something better.

on 2/23/2017 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the eyeshadows, both the texture and the colors. However, I have already hit pan on one of them, after only a month of use, and the brush broke in two after a couple of weeks.

on 2/18/2017 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm loving the colours! The only problem is-- it's actually not creamy- the way most describe it to be. Yup, it's more chalky. I will try the tarte palette next but I still love this palette, I just combine bobbi browns shadows for a less chalky look. Bobbi brown saves the day! Still give 4/5

on 2/7/2017 1:15:00 AM

Love the colours, they're so beautiful and pigmented. There's a lot of kick off with the matte shadows which is the only bummer. But overall a must have!

Editing my review: after a year of having this palette and wanting to love it so bad it just doesn’t work. I’m an NC 15 and the colours DEFINITELY wear ME. It just doesn’t look right and no matter what I do they muddy up into a mess. I will keep trying... I bought myself too faced sweet peach and they work way better for my cool toned skin and blue eyes.

on 1/11/2017 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was a miss for me altough shadows are of great quality. Mainly because i fell for hype not thinking if the colour range is good for me. So if you have fair to light skin with yellow undertones, blue/ gray eyes and neutral to cool blonde hair, think again if you think of buying it. Ive found that most looks i can get from this dont suit my complexion/eyes/hair.

on 12/28/2016 9:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Best palette by ABH I prefer this over any over her previous palettes. The colors are beautiful and very pigmented! A little goes a long way.

on 12/21/2016 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was lucky enough to snap this up relatively cheaply via Depop absolutely brand new, I sought it for its gorgeous cranberry colours as I really took a liking to the trend this Autumn. First I want to say I love the packaging, true to Anastasia style with a dusty rose velour covering, absolutely lush.
There isn't a single colour I don't love in this palette, they're really wearable and all of the colour families can be put together to create a multitude of looks, I particularly liked playing around with the orange shades and using the brown shades to deepen it up.
The blending ability of these shadows are seamless really helped with the brush that comes with the palette.
Although very pretty I find the shimmer shades hard to work with, when watching tutorials the women seem to be able to pack the shimmer shades really heavily onto the lid, when I try it doesn't adhere very well and goes on quite sheer. I've tried using setting spray which helps quite a bit but I'm not comfortable spraying expensive product onto a brush as I feel this is wasteful, I tried using a Nyx setting spray but this created a film over the shadow in the pan which I had to carefully scratch off. This quality of these particular shadows led me to think I may have been duped into buying a fake but I took it to a friend that works in the industry and she confirmed it's authenticy. My only other negative about the palette is the amount of fallout I get on nearly all the shadows, it's not only wasteful as it sots in the pan and you have to blow it all away but it jeopardises your base makeup when it falls off the brush and onto the cheeks.

on 12/12/2016 1:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a really good palette. The colors are so soft and buttery, but there is quite a bit of fall out. The main point of my review is to get a few dupes out there for anyone that hasn't been able to get their hands on this..

Tempera is a light pinkish/cream color pretty close to many others. Booty call (naked 2) virgin (naked 1) crepe (lorac mega pro 3)..

Golden Ochre is a soft yellow toned brown. It's great in the crease. I don't have a dupe.

Vermeer is an almost exact dupe for sin from the UD Naked palette

Buon Fresco is very close to dusty muave (LMP3) and close to nooner (Naked 3)

Antique Bronze - MAC dark brew - Sequioa (LMP3)

Love Letter - No dupe for me

Cypress Umber - Espresso from the Lorac Pro

Raw Sienna - MAC saddle - Terracotta from LP3

Burnt Orange - Tawny (LMP 3) - Peanut Butter (TF Chocolate Bar Semi Sweet)

Primavera - Cava (LMP 3)

Red Ochre - no dupe - somewhat close to Goji LMP 2

Venetian Red - similar to rich berry from smashbox light it up blush palette

Warm Taupe - zone (UD gwen stefani) cool taupe (lorac 3)

Realgar - no dupes from me

So, all in all, the real stand outs of this palette are the reds and oranges. Love letter, red ochre and realgar were unique to my pretty neutral based collection. It makes for a good handful of different looks from this palette. The package says to discard after 6 months and I did notice that even with clean brushes these shadows seem to get bumps and grit in them. They are very loosely packed and make a dent pretty quickly.

I don't regret this palette in any way, I like it. It just fits that one little area of my collection that I don't have (cranberry, red and orange) and I reach for it when I am in the mood for that look. I do feel that the shadows are not very long wearing even with a primer. They sometimes muddy together and even fade. It is a solid palette and I would recommend it to true make up lovers that just love having the newest thing - but not a must have. (Not that you should take my word for it because obviously I HAD to have it)

This is my first Anastasia Palette and probably going to be my only. I was easily able to pass on the Mario Palette and if the trend keeps up that they raise the price and lower the amount of product, I can pass on all of the rest.