Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

on 4/17/2017 8:07:00 PM

I've used makeup for long enough to know that this product doesn't work for me. I never thought that would be what my review was for this product, if I'm being honest. And the price was right too - I purchased this off during my $25 VIB Coupon event.

The colours are BEAUTIFUL. I have collected many red eyeshadows over the years, from Shu Uemura, Anna Sui, and Etude House. Finally, a lovely red palette from the American market.

The texture is blendable, smooth, and gorgeous. The shimmers are lovely, mattes are easy to use, however-- The shadow formula simply doesn't last on me. I've rarely had this occur, and my routine with my eye primers and bases haven't failed me before. I'm a firm believer in the fact that I should not have to work extremely hard to have an eyeshadow to work for me, especially when I have such a large stash.

I will use this palette, however I will not repurchase as the formula doesn't work on me. Beautiful if it does work for you.

on 4/17/2017 11:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This palette really does live up to the hype in my opinion. I've been really enjoying warm tones recently, and this appears to be the palette that rules warm tones (despite the ability to create cool looks with it), and I am extremely happy I purchased this.

SHADOW QUALITY: These are the best shadows I've ever worked with. They are very soft, so if you prefer working with a stiffer formula (like Urban Decay), these perhaps aren't for you, but I find them to be intensely pigmented and blend fantastically. The downside is that as others have mentioned, there is a lot of fall out (don't swipe these shadows, just tap them gently in the pan to minimise this as much as possible), but for the quality of the shadows, it is something I can overlook. Some have said that this means that it is easily used up, which I can see how it may be an issue. I've found the longevity of the shadows to be good, although I always wear with a primer (usually TF Shadow Insurance).

SHADE SELECTION/COHESION: When I first looked at the palette, I wasn't sure if you could get many looks out of it, but since playing with it, I find it not to be the case. You can do extremely warm looks, my go to would be Burnt Orange as transition, Golden Ochre or Primavera on the lid (depending if it's a matte look or not), and Realgar on the outer lid, and Cyprus Umber in the outer V. Similarly, a cool toned look can be made with Buon Fresco as transition, Vermeer on the lid and Venetian Red/Love Letter on the outer lid. For a very neutral look, I'd use the first quad on the left. I personally find the palette to be very cohesive (partly owing to the majority of mattes) - there's plenty of transition shades etc. Additionally, Vermeer is a dupe (albeit a better version) for Bootycall from Naked 2, which is my favourite inner corner highlight. The only thing I'd say this palette is missing is a black, but I have numerous matte blacks in my collection, so it is not an issue for me.

PACKAGING: Packaging is functional and pretty (although prone to grubbiness! I keep mine in the box) and I just love the theme of the shadows. In my mind, a lot of attention went into it, with all the research into the shade names etc.

I simply find this palette to be a joy to use. I feel like the market is saturated with eyeshadow palettes right now, and it's refreshing to find one that's high quality. As a Brit, this was expensive (£41, or about $52), but I ordered through Beautybay and got free next day delivery, and the quality, in my opinion, makes it 100% worth it.

Absolute favorite palette, ever. I use every shade, and it's never disappointed me. I can't believe how wearable all that red is! And it blends like a dream, the shimmers are so creamy and the mattes are butter! ABH is probably my favorite make-up company right now, I love everything I've tried from them. It's a great deal for 14 shades, and a little goes a long way.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette and I love the colors! All the colors are very highly pigmented and blend so easily. They are buttery but also have quite a lot of fall out so you may want to do your eye makeup before your face makeup and make sure to tap excess of the brush. The packaging of the palette looks great but gets dirty so easily because it is a light pink suede/velvet material. The colours are gorgeous and you can create heaps of different looks, both natural and bold. I would recommend this to someone who loves bright warm colours and wants to try something different with their eye makeup.

on 4/12/2017 5:01:00 PM

I love the quality of the shadows, very buttery and pigmented! It's a versatile palette, I can do daytime neutral and evening dramatic looks with it no problem, the shadows practically blend themselves!

The only downsides are the packaging tends to get grubby real quick and the pans are pretty small.. I have hit pan on 3 shades already (rare for me) and I don't use this everyday, I have only had the palette for a little over a month.. Surprised at how little is in each pan compared to naked palettes etc..

AMAZING!!! Pigmentation amazing, colour selection amazing. So many looks you can create. Blend so well. Comes with a nice brush and mirror. If you're considering buying it go for it

on 4/5/2017 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my first palette from AOBH. I wanted to try something a bit more different than the everyday nudes I wear, like the Urban Decay Naked 2 & Naked Basics, respectfully. The quality of the pigmentation is impressive. I find the product similar to NARS shadows. Although, I really don't like the felt packaging. I feel that as soon as I put pallette in my makeup case, it's going to get so disgusting.The Buon Fresco, Primavera, Vermier and Antique bronze are absolutely stunning. However, I highly doubt I will ever wear Love Letter and Venetian Red. Overall, this is a great buy for those who is looking for something a little more adventurous and really likes to play up the eye.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

perfect. gorg colours. BEST pigment ever, so blendable. i love this it is a must have

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This palette is stunning.
There are so many fabulous, varied looks you can create with this, from neutral browns, to deep pinks and burgundy's. My favourite shade has to be Buon Fresco, a unique lavender shade that just looks beautiful with blue eyes.
The forumla on the matte's is fantastic, very bendable, very soft, and very little kick up. I saw some people talking about there being a bit of fall out, but I personally haven't experienced this. I always tap off my brushes before I use them, and I think this helps to keep fall out of any product at bay. The shimmers are stunning, especially when used with a dampened brush. The packaging, to me, is gorgeous. It certainly feels like £42's worth of packaging. People have complained about the lid and the faux suede texture. I can see how this is irritating, and it does pick up product and can get dirty very easily. However, I just keep it in it's uni-carton most of the time so nothing can get to it.
Overall, I absolutely adore this palette, it's truly fantastic.

My go-to palette. The pigmentation is CRAZY, the shadows are so buttery and blendable.
Only thing I have to say: there's a little bit of fallout, but nothing crazy, I've had this problem with most of the palettes I own. And the brush isn't the best, but it does its job. I like the "flat" part of it, more than the blending one.