Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This tinted moisturizer oxidized so badly within 2 hours on my skin. I got the lightest shade for my fair skin and 2 hours later when I looked in the mirror, I was so shocked to see my face looked muddy orange. I quickly washed my face and my bare skin is better looking without this tinted moisturizer. So disappointing because I usually likes Urban Decay products a lot and I love their foundation.

This is a good product, I generally like UD's Naked line. However, the coverage isn't that great but if you're just looking for a little color to even out your skin tone this is the product for you. Love the pump, overall a good product but I've seen better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I thought I would love this because of the weightless feel and sheer look but it was too sheer. However it would emphasize any and all dry flakes and seemed to dry my skin out. It also congregated along my jawline and oxidized there to a peachy hue. I bought in light and in the majority of my face that was my color. It's a weird product. It's not a foundation or a BB cream or even enough coverage to be a TM. It's not great as a primer. And it doesn't have enough SPF with it's paltry SPF20 to be good for sunscreen. So I couldn't justify the price for something that was well....nothing.

on 5/14/2016 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is perfection! I have warm-toned fair skin with freckles and some minor redness around the nose and chin. Last winter EL's EE cream was my go-to tinted moisturiser, but for spring/summer I wanted something warmer and less shiny. This is it. I have it in medium-light and it is perfect. Glides on, makes my skin look like my skin but better and has a nice matte glow to it. Coverage is light but sufficient when you have minor redness. The packaging is great, very hygienic and easy to take with you everywhere.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this a few weeks ago as my "everyday" summer foundation. My HG summer foundie has always been NARS Radiant Tinted Moisturizer but I'm a makeup whore and I'm always on the lookout for the next best thing so wanted to try this one. After wearing it for a few weeks I must say I am impressed!!! I got the shade Medium-Dark and I was a little worried that it would be too dark on me (NC 30 in SFF; Barcelona in NARS Sheer Glow and St. Moritz in NARS TM) but since I'm going to be using it as my summer foundation I wanted a shade a bit darker than I am now because I tan pretty quickly and get pretty dark. The color is a decent match actually, but I think that's because the coverage is so sheer and light. This doesn't cover like a foundation, it basically evens out your skin tone. I have some areas of discoloration from old acne scarring, and while this doesn't completely cover them, it does a great job of making them less obvious and it really just leaves skin with a very natural, healthy appearance. Perfect for a no makeup/natural/I woke up like this kinda look. This is less "makeup-y" looking than the NARS TM and this didn't accentuate and fine lines or make my already huge pores look bigger, which the NARS TM tended to do somewhat. I find this applies best, for me anyways, with my fingers and then I use my Maybelline Fit Me powder to set it. I have acne prone skin and this has not broken me out so that a plus!!! Price is decent for high end and it's cheaper than the NARS TM. My only complaint is the packaging. It's in a squeeze tube with a pump and I just don't like it but that's really my only complaint. I will repurchase again if I run out before the summer is over and overall, I'm impressed and would recommend to anyone who wants a light, natural everyday foundation.

on 5/25/2016 6:51:00 PM

This foundation/BB Cream was a huge disappointment for me. First of all the color was a shock. Usually I am a 0.5 in their HD Foundation which is a bit too light for me. I ordered shade "light" according to the recommendation on the website. But unfortunately the cream came out quite yellowish/apricot and suprisingly dark (approx. MAC NC 15, which is too dark for us fair girls). With a lot of blending you can still make it work for fair skin but the strong yellowish/apricot undertone makes it look weird on neutral to reddish undertones even though the coverage is rather light. The consistency is pretty much like Bobbi Brown's BB Cream. It's a bit difficult to spread as it's quite thick. It instantly clings to dry patches and therefore ends up looking uneven. Additionally my face looked super dry. I found this formula quite drying and after a while of wearing it my face felt really tight (even though I was using moisturiser underneath). I have combination oily skin with super oily T-Zone and very dry cheeks as I am in a constant battle against dermatitis/eczema which leaves my skin super dry with a lots of small spots in that area. If I use drying products the breakouts will get worse. Unfortunately this happend after wearing this Cream for a day. So I had to stop using it. Basically the formula is not irritating but it dried out my skin and thus worsened my dermatitis. I would not recommend this to anyone with dry skin. Considering its matte finish and rather drying feel one would probably assume that it is awesome for Oily skin. But on my very oily T-Zone it didn't keep the shine at bay for long and after a while this BB Cream felt heavy on my skin.

I think people with normal to slightly oily skin might be happy with this as their summer foundation as it provides a light coverage and a bit of sunscreen. I think for me it mainly didnt work because it emphasized any dry part (thus looking patchy) and dried my skin out even more. Also the color range for pale skin is quite bad but that doesnt necessarily make it a bad product.

on 5/8/2016 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Disclaimer: This review is not just for the Urban Decay One and Done, but also for the Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm. If you have relatively good skin and want good protection on non-high-sun days (for those I use a high SPF sunscreen) then you can blend these two products to achieve an air-brushed and luminous (without the sparkle) finish. I have yet to meet a sheer makeup I like and like to experiment with tinted sunscreen. I use the trifecta of skin care: antioxidant (in my case the IS clinical vitamin c Pro-heal formula), a retinoid (alternate with retin a micro and Avene retrinal) and sunscreen. I have really good skin because I have always taken care of it but want to take the appearance when I go out to the next level. If I want a more 'make up' look, I go heavier on the One and Done and less on the Beauty Balm. The reverse for a more natural finish. Try blending the two and I bet you will really like it!

on 5/13/2016 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have never been a huge fan of tinted moisturisers/BB type products. I've oily, acne prone skin and I usually need a foundation for the coverage I need to hide my spots, however I am very pleasantly surprised by this product! It evens out my skin nicely and I just add a touch of concealer and powder and my skin looks great but still looks natural. It's great for days you don't want to do a full face of makeup but still want to look 'done'. Lasted really well for over 8 hours and no issues with getting shiny, which normally happens with my skin. Really like this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has an extremely light coverage. It does even things out a bit, but not enough to be called light-moderate coverage. Packaging is amazing, will keep the product sanitary. But this is going to be relegated to gym use because the coverage is close to non existent. In terms of coverage, let me create a continuum: one & done > too faced beauty balm > Missha perfect cover = MUFE F&B > Teint idole 24 = Nars Sheer Glow (I'm sure there are a thousand between MUFE FB and TI 24, these are just the products I use).

Love this. It's sort of half way between a tinted moisturiser and a foundation. I feel I still need a touch of concealer under my eyes and finish with a powder so the term 'one and done' isn't true for me but I still love the product. I stopped wearing foundation for a while recently as I got fed up of feeling cakey and my I'm lucky to have quite clear skin, but by the end of the day I looked so washed out. This product is great for me because it does exactly what I need it to without feeling too heavy. I'm a NC15 and the light shade is just light enough for me.