Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

Tarte TARTElette In Bloom
TARTElette In BloomTARTElette In BloomTARTElette In BloomTARTElette In Bloom

4.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

love this palette sometimes more than my naked palette which is one of my favorites. If you are debating on buying this I say go for it, you won't regret it. I went on vacation and only brought this palette and fell in love with it all over again.

on 12/18/2016 9:39:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Lovely palette with a couple good transition shades, three shimmers and nine mattes. I think these blend well, no fall out but they kick up a bit of powder when you pick up the shadow with a brush. Very nice neutral palette!

Ok, I'll be one of the (few) outliers. I did not like this palette, and after struggling with it repeatedly I returned it. I had very high hopes for this to be my go-to everyday palette for travel, to enable me to lighten my load, yet still achieve a range of looks. I had to write this review out of frustration, especially given that it worked so well for others. See below for the pros and cons...

Pros:
Packaging is super slim and pretty, with a nice mirror inside. Solid.
Color selection is every thing it should be for a palette that covers most looks. Primarily Matte shades, which is a big plus IMO.

Cons:
Color payoff was hit or miss. The nude base shades were good for the most part, and applied well, but the transition shades I found hard to blend and barely showed up. The deep shades were exceptionally difficult for me to get to blend. After several weeks of trying I always found myself frustrated with how my looks turned out and I lost patience and went back to Viseart/ABH/MUG palettes.

I used primers, I've got high quality brushes. I don't have the patience to have to work at making a palette work for me when there are others that do the job without a lot of effort. Maybe I got spoiled with the quality of other palettes, but I just couldn't with this one.

on 11/24/2016 2:16:00 AM

Love the packaging and the color payoff just beautiful highly recommend

on 11/22/2016 6:55:00 AM

Hi, this is my first eye shadow plattete and it has bene working wonders for me. This gives a very good variety of colours – the lightest colour are great. Personally, I used the more natural tone I don't like the pricing as compared to the other eyeshadows that I haved. However, this might be because I'm a student but surely I will repurchase if I lost it

on 10/23/2016 9:37:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Definitely my favourite neutrals/browns palette. I bought this palette because I've been on the hunt for a good palette that includes a gold with great colour payoff and I was not disappointed. All these colours are wonderfully pigmented, even the lighter shades which I have much trouble showing colour on my tan skin. Now that I've bought this palette, I really don't dabble much into my other palettes for that everyday look. Worth the investment, especially since I use this everyday.

My only complaint to make this palette my holy grail is that there isn't a really deep dark brown colour to complete a night time look that I like to go for personally.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Fantastic on the go travel palette. Everything I need for a variety of looks without needing to dip into another palette. If you love warm neutrals, this is a fantastic option.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I got this palette to act as my all-in-one travel palette and it's pretty good but not great. I had debated between this and the chocolate bar (which I do not own) for a long time.
Overall the shades are amazing. They are useful and it has everything. That bottom row is stunning. I could wear just that every day. I love that it has a warm black brown and a cool black brown for setting liner. It has a great browbone shade for me. It has brow shades that the color could work even if the texture does not (I'll get to that later). The shimmery shades LOOK amazing and add interest (again, more on that later). I try really hard to only purchase palettes in which I like and use EVERY shadow (which is why I've never owned a Lorac pro, Too Faced, or a Kat Von D palette). Shade wise, this palette does that. I did a one month one palette with it and loved it at the end of the month. I will keep it. But...
The overall shadow quality is average which disappoints me. By average I mean it's not MAC or Urban Decay, but it's also a heck of a lot better than Morphe and any drugstore eyeshadow I've ever tried (except L'Oreal infallible as shimmers). It disappoints me because it keeps this palette from being the best ever and the only one I'd ever need. The mattes are dusty and skip sometimes but they are manageable. They are also very soft in application so it's hard to do anything precise with them, i.e. brows. For example, I use MAC cork for my brows all the time and get a nice sharp line; I can't get these shadows to do that. My brows always look a bit caterpillar-esk. The shimmers are all disappointing for different reasons. Funny girl has a very very glittery texture with minimal color in its base. Rocket is one of the reasons I got this but the color on the lid is nothing like it swatches. It is a dusty muddy taupe if applied dry with that non descript drugstore "I'm not matte but I'm sure not shimmery" finish. And firecracker weirdly doesn't go on how it looks either. It looks very red and and warm but applies cool, but at least it's smooth and shimmery. For all three you need to apply them wet to get good color pay off that's true to pan but then they can look a bit crepey. And the shadows themselves don't like getting wet so I suggest getting it on the brush and spraying your brush and not double dipping.
I do prefer this to the original Tartelette palette. I think that one has more muddy shades. It's also very useful, but the interesting mattes (middle row to me) are among the worst performing in that palette whereas the interesting row in this one (bottom row) is quite nice. I had wanted to try a grey shadow and the grey in the first Tartelette is the worst in the entire palette.
If you are looking for matte basics, I might try the Kat Von D shade and light palette (but I've never tried it) and buy interesting shimmery singles to supplement. If you want a one and done palette, it's ok and I don't have a better suggestion (hence why I bought this one). Maybe the first Naked palette, it's definitely better quality but it's missing some shades I'd like and has several shades I never use in it. If I could swap out a couple shades, the original naked palette would be perfect. It nailed the gorgeous shimmery interesting shades and has a couple good mattes but I never use the rest and they could be much better, more useful mattes. If you are a shadow junkie with lots of MAC singles (raises hand) then you might just customize a one and done to travel with and be more satisfied with that. There are shades in the palette I don't see in any lines with singles (the two black browns, sweetheart for example) which is why I keep and use this. Have I confused you enough?

on 9/30/2016 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This is a really versatile palette because the left half contains daytime colors, and the right half contains smokey mattes to easily transition to an evening look,and there's a mix of warm, cool, and neutral shades. Finish wise, there's 3 midtoned shimmers, and the rest are all mattes that are just as buttery and pigmented as the shimmers. One thing that I first noticed about this is that it faintly smells of vanilla and it interestingly seems to be one of the ingredients! I also like the cute sturdy packaging that comes with a good mirror. Purchased mine for less than $50 on Sephora which I think is a fair price since each shadow is average size. Overall, a great palette that I would repurchase.

I bought this palette based on all the great reviews it received. It looked like it had it all. I was so excited to try it and when it finally arrived, I was sorely disappointed. The high price tag made it even harder to swallow. In the photos, the colours looked amazing, rich and varied. In reality, the browns are much colder than they appear and the shimmers are far from impressive. But the worst thing about this palette is the quality. When you dip your brush in shadows, they turn to dust. After application, there are flecks all over my face. They simply don't stay put. This is not what I expect from a $45 makeup palette. I've had drug store palettes, a fraction of the price, that have performed 100 percent better than this. I don't know where all the positive reviews are coming from, seriously! I rarely write reviews but I felt it my duty to give people a heads up before purchasing this item. Don't waste your money. If you want to invest, go for bigger more established brands. In my eyes (pardon the pun) this product is a pile of junk.