Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

TARTElette In BloomTARTElette In BloomTARTElette In BloomTARTElette In Bloom

4.6

on 10/23/2016 9:37:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Definitely my favourite neutrals/browns palette. I bought this palette because I've been on the hunt for a good palette that includes a gold with great colour payoff and I was not disappointed. All these colours are wonderfully pigmented, even the lighter shades which I have much trouble showing colour on my tan skin. Now that I've bought this palette, I really don't dabble much into my other palettes for that everyday look. Worth the investment, especially since I use this everyday.

My only complaint to make this palette my holy grail is that there isn't a really deep dark brown colour to complete a night time look that I like to go for personally.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Fantastic on the go travel palette. Everything I need for a variety of looks without needing to dip into another palette. If you love warm neutrals, this is a fantastic option.

on 9/30/2016 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This is a really versatile palette because the left half contains daytime colors, and the right half contains smokey mattes to easily transition to an evening look,and there's a mix of warm, cool, and neutral shades. Finish wise, there's 3 midtoned shimmers, and the rest are all mattes that are just as buttery and pigmented as the shimmers. One thing that I first noticed about this is that it faintly smells of vanilla and it interestingly seems to be one of the ingredients! I also like the cute sturdy packaging that comes with a good mirror. Purchased mine for less than $50 on Sephora which I think is a fair price since each shadow is average size. Overall, a great palette that I would repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I got this palette to act as my all-in-one travel palette and it's pretty good but not great. I had debated between this and the chocolate bar (which I do not own) for a long time.
Overall the shades are amazing. They are useful and it has everything. That bottom row is stunning. I could wear just that every day. I love that it has a warm black brown and a cool black brown for setting liner. It has a great browbone shade for me. It has brow shades that the color could work even if the texture does not (I'll get to that later). The shimmery shades LOOK amazing and add interest (again, more on that later). I try really hard to only purchase palettes in which I like and use EVERY shadow (which is why I've never owned a Lorac pro, Too Faced, or a Kat Von D palette). Shade wise, this palette does that. I did a one month one palette with it and loved it at the end of the month. I will keep it. But...
The overall shadow quality is average which disappoints me. By average I mean it's not MAC or Urban Decay, but it's also a heck of a lot better than Morphe and any drugstore eyeshadow I've ever tried (except L'Oreal infallible as shimmers). It disappoints me because it keeps this palette from being the best ever and the only one I'd ever need. The mattes are dusty and skip sometimes but they are manageable. They are also very soft in application so it's hard to do anything precise with them, i.e. brows. For example, I use MAC cork for my brows all the time and get a nice sharp line; I can't get these shadows to do that. My brows always look a bit caterpillar-esk. The shimmers are all disappointing for different reasons. Funny girl has a very very glittery texture with minimal color in its base. Rocket is one of the reasons I got this but the color on the lid is nothing like it swatches. It is a dusty muddy taupe if applied dry with that non descript drugstore "I'm not matte but I'm sure not shimmery" finish. And firecracker weirdly doesn't go on how it looks either. It looks very red and and warm but applies cool, but at least it's smooth and shimmery. For all three you need to apply them wet to get good color pay off that's true to pan but then they can look a bit crepey. And the shadows themselves don't like getting wet so I suggest getting it on the brush and spraying your brush and not double dipping.
I do prefer this to the original Tartelette palette. I think that one has more muddy shades. It's also very useful, but the interesting mattes (middle row to me) are among the worst performing in that palette whereas the interesting row in this one (bottom row) is quite nice. I had wanted to try a grey shadow and the grey in the first Tartelette is the worst in the entire palette.
If you are looking for matte basics, I might try the Kat Von D shade and light palette (but I've never tried it) and buy interesting shimmery singles to supplement. If you want a one and done palette, it's ok and I don't have a better suggestion (hence why I bought this one). Maybe the first Naked palette, it's definitely better quality but it's missing some shades I'd like and has several shades I never use in it. If I could swap out a couple shades, the original naked palette would be perfect. It nailed the gorgeous shimmery interesting shades and has a couple good mattes but I never use the rest and they could be much better, more useful mattes. If you are a shadow junkie with lots of MAC singles (raises hand) then you might just customize a one and done to travel with and be more satisfied with that. There are shades in the palette I don't see in any lines with singles (the two black browns, sweetheart for example) which is why I keep and use this. Have I confused you enough?

on 9/16/2016 8:44:00 AM

This palette is so beautifully packaged and the formula is buttery and very pigmented!!! The staying power is impressive. I can confidently say it can last 12 hours. One Saturday I was trying out an evening look and I put this on around 12 noon and set it with MUFE Mist and Fix. By midnight, the colors still looked as fresh as when I applied them at noon! This palette takes you from daytime nude looks into bolder evening looks. So versatile! It is pricey, yes, but it will go a long way because of the high-pigmentation. I first got the KVD Shade and Light eye shadow palette but that one was like meh and underwhelming. I exchanged it for this palette and I'm so happy I did!

I bought this palette based on all the great reviews it received. It looked like it had it all. I was so excited to try it and when it finally arrived, I was sorely disappointed. The high price tag made it even harder to swallow. In the photos, the colours looked amazing, rich and varied. In reality, the browns are much colder than they appear and the shimmers are far from impressive. But the worst thing about this palette is the quality. When you dip your brush in shadows, they turn to dust. After application, there are flecks all over my face. They simply don't stay put. This is not what I expect from a $45 makeup palette. I've had drug store palettes, a fraction of the price, that have performed 100 percent better than this. I don't know where all the positive reviews are coming from, seriously! I rarely write reviews but I felt it my duty to give people a heads up before purchasing this item. Don't waste your money. If you want to invest, go for bigger more established brands. In my eyes (pardon the pun) this product is a pile of junk.

on 8/9/2016 9:41:00 AM

AHHHHH I LOVE THIS PALETTE.

I only really started getting suckered in to "higher" end make-up in the past few years so I probably have a fair bit of catching up to do compared to a lot of MAU users. I own 3 of the UD palettes (naked 2, naked smokey, and spectrum). So yes, this is my third neutrals type palette. The others have not seen the light of day since I got it.

I find that the way the colours are grouped up are extremely complimentary and makes it a dream to use - I'm usually half asleep when I am applying my makeup before work anyway so anything that makes it easier wins bonus points.

The shadows blend extremely well and hold tight to my greasy eyelids - lasts all day without any primer and no fall out.

I suppose the only thing that the naked palettes would have over this one is the fact that they come with a brush (although I've read some people saying the brushes are bad anyway? I don't mind them). It is lightly chocolate scented which is quite pleasant and adds to the overall enjoyable experience of using this palette. Packaging is sturdy and travels well.

on 8/28/2016 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have quiet a few palettes and the Tartelette palettes hold a place of their own. What won me over is the fact that these eye-shadows stay on my oily lids even without a primer. I can even use these as a base and they hold my other shadows all day.

They are not as pigmented as Kat Von D's (I doubt any palette is) but they are second place for me, especially for the mattes.

The shadows are different, they are dryer and slightly powdery but on the eyelids they are pigmented and the colours stay true. I love the colours in this palette and my eye-shadow is on point with these on all day.

Fell in love with Tarte's Tartelette eye-shadows then checked out a blush and fell in love with that too, so am loving Tarte right now.

on 8/13/2016 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my firs review here and i decided it shoul be about something i absolutely adore. packaging, all the perfect colours you need,lovely smell..aah. Colour pay off is sooo good you only need a slightest touch with brush. And it gives so many beautiful combinations and options-perfect!

on 9/5/2016 10:38:00 AM

If you're looking for a makeup artist review about blendability, undertones, which brushes to use etc I'm afraid I can't comment anything along those lines. What I can say is, it took me 3 months to decide which higher-end eyeshadow palette to buy, and after comparing this one with 6 other close runners up I'm so happy with my decision. Only after buying it did I find out that the top row is cool colours, middle row is warm colours and bottom row is pink/purple based. I wore this for the first time to a wedding - during the day I only wore it light and at night I didn't have time to wash everything off and start again so I just added darker colours hoping for the best, and even forgot to spray setting spray... And it blended perfectly well together and didn't move all night!! I know this isn't a professional review by any means but I'm just trying to be honest in saying that after so long researching and testing and deciding, I'm really fond of this palette and I understand the hype.