Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

on 9/20/2016 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG eyebrow product. I'll never go back to Benefit or Anastasia again.

It LASTS AND LASTS. I have greasy skin and makeup never stays on my skin for more than a few hours. This stuff legitimately lasts for 16 hours. Doesn't smear, either.

It's kind of waxy, which I like, because it holds hairs in place.

Other eyebrow products have often made me break out in the eyebrows area (I have super acne-prone skin). I don't notice an increase in breakouts with this product.

Rest of Glossier's products are super underwhelming and seemingly basic, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Not much else to say here—I just love it and see no reason to continue searching for the perfect brow product. Seriously, it lasts sooooo long.

on 9/13/2016 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

i don't think its a coincidence that i've broken out around my eyebrows EVERY time i give this another try... who even breaks out around their eyebrows. very weird. (nothing else in my routine was changed).

on 8/25/2016 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have dark brown/black cool-toned brows and I use Boy Brow in Brown. I was thinking I'd need it in black, since my brows are so dark (and the rest of my coloring is high contrast -- nw15 skin and black hair) but this color is actually very dark. It looks medium brown on the spoolie but on my brows, it's straight-up black. In fact, it's maybe too dark! I'm thinking of getting the lightest color (I think there's only 3 colors) next time.

Normally I have to use the darkest of eyebrow shades but yet here I am, thinking I need the lightest for Boy Brow!

I think the reason why Brown looks so dark on me is because it really plumps up the hairs and coats them with a thin pomade texture. It winds up emphasizing the darkness of my brows (which is good but sometimes I glance in the mirror and think it's too much).

Because my brows are super thin (thanks, 1990s), I fill them in with a much lighter shade -- right now, it's the Shu hard pencil in stone gray (which pulls a light warm taupe on me) -- above and below my brows to thicken them slightly, then top it with Boy Brown to give it oomph. If I were to use my regular darker brow shades (e.g., Shu hard pencil in black or Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ebony, etc.) and topped it with Boy Brow, my brows would look way too dark.

The hold of this product is great too. Because my brows are so thin and I covet thick brows, I use every trick in the book, including brushing them up. I use Boy Brow to brush all the hairs up -- like 90 degrees, parallel to my nose. (The brow hairs on the downward slope of my brows past the arch I brush parallel to the ground toward my ears. That'd look a bit nuts if they were pointed at the ceiling!) You can check out so many cosmetic advertisements lately, like for J Crew or any makeup brand; that's how they style brows so they look feathery and extra thick. Anyway, Boy Brow keeps my hairs exactly in place, all day long, defying gravity.

Overall, an awesome brow product. A cheaper dupe (that doesn't have nearly as much hold because of course there's gotta be a trade off) is Essence's colored brow gel. But I'll still buy Boy Brow again -- but next time, in Blond!

on 8/21/2016 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Meh. This may work great if you have full brows, but if you have any sparseness or gaps, forget it. I have Brown, which is a nice, natural, moderately pigmented, slightly warm shade, and the applicator is quite good, but the product just doesn't cut it for my brows. Trying to build it up doesn't work--it gets clumpy, like mascara. I think that the problem is as much my brows being inappropriate for this type of product than the product itself. I will nor repurchase.

on 8/17/2016 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love boy brow in black. Really builds up my sparse eyebrows in a natural way. I used to use various browns from Anastasia (pencils and powder), but this has a big impact with little effort. I do use a clean spoolie to brush throughafter using. It remains flexible, not flakey, which is great. Black looks natural, not too stark on me. Definitely enhances a bare faced look.

on 8/3/2016 9:05:00 PM

The hype is real. I don't like my brows to look too done, but clear gel doesn't give me enough oomph, and pencil doesn't look natural. The pomade-like texture of Boy Brow doesn't fade or smudge, and in Blond it gives me definition and shape without looking like makeup.

I got this in the Phase 2 set for $40 (after using the first-time purchase discount of 20%) on Glossier.com.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been looking for a natural looking, your-brows-but-better product for a while. My brows are blonde and straight and I don't think the current style of gel/pencil/concealer brow products look particularly good on me. I picked the blond shade and am happy that it adds the right amount of color and volume to my brows to look polished and defined. The brush on the wand was better than I expected. It takes a while to set, but once it's dried your brows don't feel crunchy, but still has a decent amount of hold. Thankfully the formula also hasn't caused awkward eyebrow breakouts that the waxes in other brow products have caused for me.

The downside is I think the packaging is pretty meh looking and it's very tiny - it's slightly longer than my index finger and about as wide as my pinky. The price point is better than products like Benefit though, which is $24 for .1 oz versus Glossier's .11 oz for $16.

I have already purchased a backup/replacement.

I was never a big brow enhancer because most color products, especially powder, make me feel like I have Groucho Marx brows. I recently got Gimme Brow my Benefit and it was ok, but the light color is just not quite right and the finish is very powdery and matte. I've one clear mascara and don't like the crunchy feeling of a dry gel. I tried out Boy Brow in Brown and love it- love the waxy, pomade control and finish, love the color, and overall love how my brows look darkened and thickened and groomed without looking ridiculous. The brush is easy to use, the packaging is minimalist and cute. I now consider it to be an indispensable step in my bare bones makeup routine.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my new favorite brow product! It leaves brows soft and voluminous (really good for that full brow look). I've bought already bought two backups and am currently on my second tube. Brown is a perfect match for my black brown hair with NC25 skin -- it's not too warm, just ashy enough. I've introduced three friends to this product and they've all fallen in love with and re-ordered as well.

I love love love love the tiny yet fluffy brush - it distributes the right amount of product in just a few strokes, unlike the super skinny skeleton brush that lots of other makeup brand use (*ahem* Tarte Colored Clay Tinted Brow Gel). Sometimes I'll use a clean spoolie to clean up the edges of my eyebrows after applying Boy Brow, but it still has cut down and saved me so much time on my eyebrow routine (was previously using Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz pencil in Medium Brown).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Hands down, best brow mascara I've ever used. I was die hard for Benefit's Gimme Brow, but I like this better. Seems to volumize more dramatically, and lasts forever. Total winner. Wish it wasn't always sold out!

Popular Brows Products