Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been looking for a natural looking, your-brows-but-better product for a while. My brows are blonde and straight and I don't think the current style of gel/pencil/concealer brow products look particularly good on me. I picked the blond shade and am happy that it adds the right amount of color and volume to my brows to look polished and defined. The brush on the wand was better than I expected. It takes a while to set, but once it's dried your brows don't feel crunchy, but still has a decent amount of hold. Thankfully the formula also hasn't caused awkward eyebrow breakouts that the waxes in other brow products have caused for me.

The downside is I think the packaging is pretty meh looking and it's very tiny - it's slightly longer than my index finger and about as wide as my pinky. The price point is better than products like Benefit though, which is $24 for .1 oz versus Glossier's .11 oz for $16.

I have already purchased a backup/replacement.

I was never a big brow enhancer because most color products, especially powder, make me feel like I have Groucho Marx brows. I recently got Gimme Brow my Benefit and it was ok, but the light color is just not quite right and the finish is very powdery and matte. I've one clear mascara and don't like the crunchy feeling of a dry gel. I tried out Boy Brow in Brown and love it- love the waxy, pomade control and finish, love the color, and overall love how my brows look darkened and thickened and groomed without looking ridiculous. The brush is easy to use, the packaging is minimalist and cute. I now consider it to be an indispensable step in my bare bones makeup routine.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my new favorite brow product! It leaves brows soft and voluminous (really good for that full brow look). I've bought already bought two backups and am currently on my second tube. Brown is a perfect match for my black brown hair with NC25 skin -- it's not too warm, just ashy enough. I've introduced three friends to this product and they've all fallen in love with and re-ordered as well.

I love love love love the tiny yet fluffy brush - it distributes the right amount of product in just a few strokes, unlike the super skinny skeleton brush that lots of other makeup brand use (*ahem* Tarte Colored Clay Tinted Brow Gel). Sometimes I'll use a clean spoolie to clean up the edges of my eyebrows after applying Boy Brow, but it still has cut down and saved me so much time on my eyebrow routine (was previously using Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz pencil in Medium Brown).

on 5/7/2016 4:20:00 AM

It's only an "Ok" product. I had wanted to try it after falling for the hype. I have dark and full brows already, but am loving a fuller-brow look lately. I purchased Boy Brow in brown. The product barely has any pigment, and I really don't find it any better than the other two brow gels that I've tried this year (Pixi and NYX). In fact, I actually prefer the NYX. The NYX brow gel has far more pigment and staying power...and it's cheaper.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Hands down, best brow mascara I've ever used. I was die hard for Benefit's Gimme Brow, but I like this better. Seems to volumize more dramatically, and lasts forever. Total winner. Wish it wasn't always sold out!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product!! I tried a brow gel one time from Anastasia and HATED it so I returned it to Sephora immediately. My eyebrows are naturally shaped nicely, and they're not super thin, but I wish they were thicker. I don't need to draw them into a new shape...they just need some filling in without lookin unnatural.

I wasn't sold at first because there are only 3 colors and my hair is a kind of an ashy brown, so I thought the brown color might be too red, but I gave it a shot! It's perfect! It's sheer enough for it to be able to flatter lots of different brow colors. It made my brows look super natural and feathery and thicker without looking like I drew them in. My only complaint is that if you get any stuck on a hair or on your skin outside of your brow and let it dry. But that can very easily fixed.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

It's good, with some reservations...

Pros- I like how small it is and it really is a good eyebrow finishing touch. I use it to emphasize my eyebrows after I fill them in as I find I often have patchiness in them with eyebrow pencil alone. I love how the tiny brush gets really in there.

Cons- If you're looking to only use one product, this isn't it unless you already have really nice brows... I usually use a eyebrow pencil first and then top it off with boy brow. Also the applicator gunks up all the time in certain spots and get all up in your hair and you gotta delicately comb it out (perhaps the space between the bristles needs to be a smidge farther inbetween, or the bristles need to be longer- idk something)

Etc- I love how it's a pomade and not a gel, my eyebrows feel natural and not crunchy. I'll probably bounce back and forth between this and the NYX brow gel... my loyalties haven't been decided yet.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I really tried to like this but they need to improve the applicator and formula. The wand picks up way too much product and it ends up being a goopy mess on your brows if you're not careful. The brown also has a reddish tint so you shouldn't get it if you're looking for more of an espresso color. I would buy this again if they changed the wand and formula so it isn't so messy to apply.

on 4/11/2016 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Based on the reviews, I seem to be the target for this product (naturally bushy eye brows). In spite of this, I am not a fan. Why not? Because my brow hairs are also long & this doesn't hold them in place. Granted I need a wax for some of the more... quirky hairs... but I just don't understand the hype for this product when there are other tinted brow gels that do the exactly same thing, with potentially better hold, for less money.

All in all, it's not a bad product, just an average one.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Lately I've been using Hard Candy's Brow Ink in blonde and I really love it, however it does make my brows crunchy and hard. I decided to order Boy Brow when ordering the other colors of Generatiin G and when I received my order the box was empty, which was a total bummer. I contacted their customer service and they immediately sent me a replacement and an actual person sent me an email apologizing, rather than an automated email. I totally appreciate good customer service.

I ordered the Brown color because I felt blonde might be too light for me and not give me the definition or color I'm looking for. My hair is naturally strawberry blonde at the lengths with darker medium brown roots, so for brow color I can usually pull off a darker brow anyway.
The product is small. Not gonna lie. It's about the size of a mini mascara.

It applies wonderfully. The formula is really great. It's pigmented and smooth, applies evenly and is easy to control. The Brown works amazingly well on my brows and gives them more color without being too dark or intense. It makes my brows look natural yet defined and full. This is great for me because I'm in the process of growing out my brows.
The brush is small which is perfect for brows (although not as small or thin and Hard Candy's). It is basically the same size of Benefit's. It provides a lot of control over application and allows you to comb the product through the brow instead of just coating the top.
I'm really impressed with the overall look and effect, and it doesn't make my brows hard and crunchy, yet it still allows my brows to retain the shape after it dries.

My only complaint about Boy Brow is that the wear time isn't that great. About 5 hours after applying I noticed the color had diminished to about half of what it was from applying and my brows were no longer as defined as I expected them to be. This in part is because the color had mainly wore off on the top of the brow hair. I didn't notice any flaking, so I don't know where it went, lol.
This has happened every time I use it and have ended up having to bring it with me when out for the day to do a touch up. This is why I'm only giving it 4 lippies instead of 5. That and the price for the amount of product is a little high, but that seems to be the case with Glossier's products in general (except for the concealer).

I definitely recommend it though because on a whole, it's probably the best looking and feeling brow product I've used yet.

Popular Brows Products