Too Faced Natural Matte

Too Faced Natural Matte
Natural Matte

4.6

This is matte perfection in one small compact. Starting with the packaging which is a small and slim tin with a magnetized closing. The lace print is just so pretty and luxe-looking. The Inside is plastic but sturdy with a small rectangular mirror for on-the-go magic. I particularly liked the gorgeously illustrated leaflet on how to use the different groups of shades: Day, Classic, and Fashion. The 3 larger shades for highlighting/whole-lid shading measures at 2.0g each, with the 6 smaller shades 0.9g each.

I have hooded/almond eyes so the choice of in-between, medium shades works well for me. The shades are very well-balanced, there aren't any extreme or dud colours which makes this great value for money. The highlight shades are flesh toned which avoids harshness on the brow bone- a must for modern every day make-up! The middle shades are the most beautiful ones, there are all totally wearable- which I love. The last column of darker accent/lining shades are also not extremely dark but soft and rich.

Super-easy to apply, blend and build colour. These shadows glide on smoothly without lumps or inconsistencies- they just melt on like a creamy powder. Just one shade on the eyes (with mascara) is enough to make just about anybody look prettier.

I tend to skip eye primer and so far have had no problems with fall-out/fading/creasing. Touch-ups have not been necessary. I have noticed that I get loads of compliments even though I wear the same natural look all the time- again, it is definitely the palette doing the hard work! If anyone is having trouble deciding, I recommend swatching this palette at your nearest stockist- this is a truly versatile, top quality and wearable staple. Whether you want to wear one shade or four on any given day, there can't be any wrong choices. neutral without being boring is what springs to mind- it's a sultry kind of natural.

I will definitely be using all nine colours until the pans run empty. In fact, I am looking forward to re-purchasing =)

Approx. AUS$55

on 6/18/2015 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I do really like Too Faced matte eyeshadow, they are up there with Urban Decay and even Bobbi Brown. Unfortunately, I would not rebuy this one. Although the colors are lovely and they blend and look lovely, they are dusty with fallout. I never had this problem with the first matte palette. Also, the packaging is heavy. I actually prefer the cardboard package with the stronger magnetic closure.

Pros:
lovely natural colors
good price
all matte
creamy feel

Cons:
Not packed down firmly
loose dusty
fallout
heavy metal package
magnet doesn't grip tightly

on 6/10/2015 12:28:00 AM

Best palette I've ever purchased. These mattes are creamy with great pigmentation. Strapless is definitely my favorite color. These shadows look great with my green eyes. I can do several full looks with this. There is a great cream shadow for the browbone and a dark brown for lining.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Too Faced does mattes so well, and this palette is certainly no exception. Heaven is my all time favorite blending and highlighting shade. Some of the colors in the bottom two rows looked a little scary to me, but I actually love them all. Too Faced palettes are a great value for the quality and amount. If you're a matte lover, or even if you prefer shimmers, I think this is a great basic palette everyone would use.

on 5/14/2015 9:54:00 AM

I do like this pallet BUT I also have both of the Naked basics pallets and with the exception that the too Faced is warmer (on me at least) I find this to be pretty dupable. I also have a Z pallet of Mac shadows all Neutrals. I did not find the short wear time as the other reviewer did but my skin is a bit dryer and I use the Lemon Drop primer by Too faced as well and I got about 8 hours. Long wearing? Eh kinda in the middle for me. I wouldn't use it if I needed to get a long day out of it. I use this as a companion pallet to other pallets I have and It is pretty portable for travel so as far as a re purchase? I said yes but it will depend when I hit pan on this and will decide then. IF you don't have a good neutral pallet and don't like the UD Naked basics, take a look at this one unless you tend to be a hard wearer on your shadows and have issues with fading then it maybe a pass.

This palette is gorgeous! I'm big on matte shadows and huge on neutrals, and this palette is a dream come true. Each shadow is buttery-soft and perfectly pigmented, and unlike other palettes, I know I'll use every single one. I love how the three lightest shades are larger, as they'll definitely be used the most. I just can't gush enough about this palette, and I can't believe I've gone so long without it!

on 5/11/2015 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

These shadows are so beautiful. I have the Urban Decay 3 palette and as much as I like that one, this Too Faced one is so much better. I DO not know how to blend and am very much a single shade all over kind of girl. I don't use primer. This palette is good for someone like me - single shade, 5 seconds spent on eyeshadow application and no more than that. I find myself able to use more of these shades on an everyday basis, especially Cashmere Bunny, Strapless, Honey Butter, and Chocolate Cookie

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I saw an early review of this on Youtube (about a month before its release) so when Sephora sent out the 15% off for VIBs I visited a store and this was the only palette that I noticed and wanted to have. I've been recently been getting into more matte eyeshadows for a less dramatic eye look on a daily basis. I own both of the Urban Decay Basics palettes, but I'm liking this one better than the other two.

Being in Canada and a student I do think the price is rather high ($46 plus 13% tax), but if you are a make-up/eye shadow lover and you want a good matte palette this is great. The colours are very nice and the consistency is nice and more buttery than the Urban Decay shadows, which I can find be a bit chalky sometimes. I don't own any other Too Faced palettes, but from what I've seen it is pretty similar to one of their previous palettes.

The packaging is gorgeous, a really nice box with a nice texture and the tin packaging for the palette itself is really pretty too. The lace design is really beautiful and opening or closing the palette is easy. My only issue with the packaging is the inside of it. You know that cheap plastic that holds the shadows in some of the BH Cosmetics palettes? It's essentially the same thing but the plastic isn't as flimsy. I was kind of disappointed upon noticing that because if someone is going to pay close to $50 for eyeshadows there should be higher quality packaging.

on 4/21/2015 6:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Bought this with the store credit from retuning a different matte palette that just didn't work out for me. SO GLAD I bought this! I walked into Sephora thinking maybe I'd get the Naked Basics2 from Urban Decay because I have and love the original Basics but this is just, UGH. HEAVEN (which is oddly enough the name of the highlighter shade in this palette. Did I plan that? Maybe)!
For a palette full of matte browns, this thing takes the gold. You get 9 shades, 3 of which are double the size of the other 6. You get a cool toned set of 3, a mauve toned set, and a warm set. The warm toned set is my favorite. The two shades Honey Butter and Chocolate Cookie are just amazing. The shades are pigmented and velvety smooth. The packaging is cute too; the palette is fun little 3x4 tin case. Slightly bigger than the Basics palette but not by much. It's my new go-to product.
The only complaint I'd have is that the other 6 shades are a tad small. I'd totally be willing to pay more for the palette to have larger pans of those shades because I just love them so much and I know I'll go through them.
Highly recommend!!!!!

on 5/10/2015 10:26:00 PM

All matte neutral browns/beiges/creams in a very cute and compact packaging. The quality is average at best - the shadows either crease, or completely disappear after a few hours of wear (even with the primer). They don't blend well, and create a somewhat "muddy" look. At $36, these are quite pricey, and considering that 4 out of 9 colors are EXACTLY the same as in the Natural Eyes palette, it is quite disappointing.

Overall, there is nothing unique or special about this palette. And there are much better palettes out there, with more of a variety of colors, and better quality of shadows.