Too Faced Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette
Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow PaletteNatural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

on 7/22/2015 12:50:00 PM

I ordered this because of the great reviews and I'm glad I did. I hate any sort of shimmer on my eyes and these are true matte colors with good pigmentation. Definitely recommend.

on 7/17/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I REALLY don't need yet another neutral eye palette, but that's not the point, right? :p

For the most part, this is a "good" basic neutral palette. A no frills, gets the job done palette which works for me. Like most Too Faced E/S, these are very blendable and they don't crease. Natural Matte isn't as pigmented as Lorac's Pro Matte, but it is more pigmented than The Balm's Meet Matt(e) Nude. Would I buy this again? No! I have too many netural palettes! :p But if you're looking for a basic nude palette because you don't have one; something that's good for travel, definately pick this one up

on 7/8/2015 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the perfect every day eye palette. It's the classic Natural Eye Palette in a matte finish. I love the packaging, very slim and it stays shut- great for traveling. My favorite is wearing Heaven all over the lid with Cashmere Bunny in the crease. I personally don't touch the Sexpresso shade very often but my sister told me she likes to use it to fill in her eyebrows on occasion. Seriously- what are you waiting for? Go get it! It's well worth the money and will last you for a long time.

on 7/7/2015 4:28:00 PM

This palette is everything I hoped for and more.
I had been waiting for months for Urban Decay to launch in Australia so I could purchase Naked Basics 1 or 2, when I saw this on the Too-Faced website in the U.S. The minute I found it, I abandoned all plans for Urban Decay and got this sent from the States via a freight forwarding company. Worth every pretty penny I spent (it's now available in Aus too).
The shades are all so wearable. Looking at the palette, I was confident a few would suit me; I was surprised to find out how much some others made my eyes pop. I use this palette every day, day or night. It's so easy to work with and I dont have to think much about what I'll do.
Formula-wise, the eyeshadows are beautiful and I prefer them to my Stila palette. Creamy, pigmented, blendable, long-lasting...tick, tick, tick. I sometimes get fallout but that's not a deal-breaker for me; I do my eyes before my foundation anyway.
This palette is an amazing staple for any collection, so wearable for every day and my favorite purchase to date.
Couldn't live without it.

on 6/20/2015 2:58:00 AM

I really liked this palette and would definitely repurchase. Like almost all TF eyeshadows, the texture is smooth and buttery, the pigmentation is good and they blend like a dream. I am a sucker for palettes, even more so when they are nude and this one was the trifecta for me since it's also matte shadows. This year alone, I have purchased Tarte's Tarlette, KVD shadow and light, Cargo Essential, (2) Bobbi Brown, (3) MAC neutral palettes, MUFE Artist #1 (plus #2 but it's not nude) and countless others. Yes, I love the MAC palettes because their MAC but honestly I reach for this without a second thought. I know the colors well and can almost mindlessly create a gorgeous look while I am still half asleep! I cannot praise this one enough and will repurchase again and again, as long as it keeps being produced.

This is matte perfection in one small compact. Starting with the packaging which is a small and slim tin with a magnetized closing. The lace print is just so pretty and luxe-looking. The Inside is plastic but sturdy with a small rectangular mirror for on-the-go magic. I particularly liked the gorgeously illustrated leaflet on how to use the different groups of shades: Day, Classic, and Fashion. The 3 larger shades for highlighting/whole-lid shading measures at 2.0g each, with the 6 smaller shades 0.9g each.

I have hooded/almond eyes so the choice of in-between, medium shades works well for me. The shades are very well-balanced, there aren't any extreme or dud colours which makes this great value for money. The highlight shades are flesh toned which avoids harshness on the brow bone- a must for modern every day make-up! The middle shades are the most beautiful ones, there are all totally wearable- which I love. The last column of darker accent/lining shades are also not extremely dark but soft and rich.

Super-easy to apply, blend and build colour. These shadows glide on smoothly without lumps or inconsistencies- they just melt on like a creamy powder. Just one shade on the eyes (with mascara) is enough to make just about anybody look prettier.

I tend to skip eye primer and so far have had no problems with fall-out/fading/creasing. Touch-ups have not been necessary. I have noticed that I get loads of compliments even though I wear the same natural look all the time- again, it is definitely the palette doing the hard work! If anyone is having trouble deciding, I recommend swatching this palette at your nearest stockist- this is a truly versatile, top quality and wearable staple. Whether you want to wear one shade or four on any given day, there can't be any wrong choices. neutral without being boring is what springs to mind- it's a sultry kind of natural.

I will definitely be using all nine colours until the pans run empty. In fact, I am looking forward to re-purchasing =)

Approx. AUS$55

on 6/18/2015 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I do really like Too Faced matte eyeshadow, they are up there with Urban Decay and even Bobbi Brown. Unfortunately, I would not rebuy this one. Although the colors are lovely and they blend and look lovely, they are dusty with fallout. I never had this problem with the first matte palette. Also, the packaging is heavy. I actually prefer the cardboard package with the stronger magnetic closure.

Pros:
lovely natural colors
good price
all matte
creamy feel

Cons:
Not packed down firmly
loose dusty
fallout
heavy metal package
magnet doesn't grip tightly

on 6/10/2015 12:28:00 AM

Best palette I've ever purchased. These mattes are creamy with great pigmentation. Strapless is definitely my favorite color. These shadows look great with my green eyes. I can do several full looks with this. There is a great cream shadow for the browbone and a dark brown for lining.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Too Faced does mattes so well, and this palette is certainly no exception. Heaven is my all time favorite blending and highlighting shade. Some of the colors in the bottom two rows looked a little scary to me, but I actually love them all. Too Faced palettes are a great value for the quality and amount. If you're a matte lover, or even if you prefer shimmers, I think this is a great basic palette everyone would use.

on 5/14/2015 9:54:00 AM

I do like this pallet BUT I also have both of the Naked basics pallets and with the exception that the too Faced is warmer (on me at least) I find this to be pretty dupable. I also have a Z pallet of Mac shadows all Neutrals. I did not find the short wear time as the other reviewer did but my skin is a bit dryer and I use the Lemon Drop primer by Too faced as well and I got about 8 hours. Long wearing? Eh kinda in the middle for me. I wouldn't use it if I needed to get a long day out of it. I use this as a companion pallet to other pallets I have and It is pretty portable for travel so as far as a re purchase? I said yes but it will depend when I hit pan on this and will decide then. IF you don't have a good neutral pallet and don't like the UD Naked basics, take a look at this one unless you tend to be a hard wearer on your shadows and have issues with fading then it maybe a pass.

Popular Palettes