Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It did not do what it promised, I was already an oily mess after an hour or too and it looked cakey. Not great coverage either.

on 12/27/2017 1:05:00 PM

Feels heavy and cakey around the nose .

on 12/24/2017 12:12:00 PM

I have a very oily T zone, but a very dry cheek, and I found that this foundation really grabbed my dry spots, but I was able to fix that using a hydrating serum underneath. It did not oxidize, but it MUST be set with a powder, or it comes off on everything. I usually use a green color corrector to cover my cystic acne, acne vulgaris, and acne rosacea, and the foundation (when paired with a concealer) covered that quite nicely.
Usually, foundations exaggerate my pores, but I found that this one didn’t do that, it covered them beautifully and fully. It did settle in my smile lines and around my nose after around 4-5 hours of wear, which was quite annoying, as I have 12-16 hour school days. Overall this is a great foundation at a great price for the quality, I only wish there was a pump!

on 12/20/2017 2:50:00 PM

very good drug store foundation

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This for me is a reliable foundation. My skin can get oily, and while I wouldn't say this keeps me completely matte throughout the day, it isn't cakey and stays on reasonably well. I'd say it gives me a natural-matte finish which is fine for me, I actually prefer to not have a really matte makeup look. Coverage is medium that can be built up. I wouldn't wear this for more formal occasions but I like it for everyday.

on 12/19/2017 12:36:00 PM

I sincerely wanted to love this because I am always on the look out for matte foundation that wont break the bank. First thing, I love that it is cheap. I love that I was able to find a color that matches my skin and even my undertone. Second, I like the way it blends out because I had no trouble whatsoever. Lastly, I didn't break out which is a plus in my book.

Going to the things I didn't like, the very first thing I noticed is that it oxidized. I was warned that it did but the degree of oxidation was just too much. I also like to typically have medium to full coverage so using the amount I did turned me orange. I literally had to wipe it off because I would rather go bare faced than suffer through that. I know that this can be corrected with concealers and stuff but I'm a medical student and I do not have time to fuss around with foundation longer than I have to. Another thing I hate is that I really felt like it did nothing for my pore and fine lines. I actually felt it was exaggerated and that you could see the texture in my face. And finally, I hate that this turned my face so oily that after having worn it for about 3 hours and after sitting in an air conditioned room for most of the time, it still looked terrible. I had about four soaked sheets and that is not cute after just three hours.

I gave this foundation several tries and still nothing. So I will be retiring this foundation and return to my loreal one.

on 12/12/2017 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This looks like straight up paint on my face and emphasizes fine lines and wrinkles that I didn’t even know I had. I’m 24 and this foundation makes me look ten years older. However they have an awesome shade range and it is affordable. If you have super soft baby skin and no problem with dryness or pores this might work for you.

on 12/10/2017 11:08:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is not pore-less whatsoever, in fact it exaggerates my pores. It looks dry and doesn't keep back the oils on my skin, it was also rather difficult to blend for some reason, even though it is quite runny, it seemed to grab and collect in places especially on my lower cheeks. I find that the lightest shade (the one I use) oxidises into an almost orangey-pinky tone. Overall I would not personally recommend this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Negatives:
I do not recommend this product if you have oily skin. It made my face very shiny, didn't dry matte nor hide my pores (hence the name of this product) and also caked up around my nose, chin and forehead. I also wish that there was a pump on the bottle as trying to get some out was messy.
Positives:
I am a fan of the lightweight and medium coverage which looks nice for everyday wear. I'm pretty pale and so far this is the only drugstore foundation where the lightest shade doesn't look too dark and orange for my skin tone. My skin is also fairly acne-prone and this foundation didn't break me out.

on 11/24/2017 2:17:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have combination and rosacea-prone skin that needs a lot of coverage and my skin tends to get so oily throughout the day. This foundation gives me the right amount of coverage needed to cover up the blemishes on my cheeks and the redness around my nose. I've tried so many foundations, drugstore to high-end and most of them just end up clinging on my dry patches and give me that cake-face look at the end of the day, especially on my forehead and nose, but this one never does that. It goes on so smoothly with or without a primer. One thing that amazes me the most is that this foundation NEVER creases even after 16-hour of wear. The longer it stays on my face, the more it looks natural.

Cons are:
- The packaging. How I wish they came with a pump!!
- If you have oily skin, I suggest you put a really mattifying primer underneath and set it with mattifying translucent powder (I use RCMA or Coty Airspun), bcs this one does get oily real quick.