BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

4.5

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Isostearyl Alcohol, Cera Microcristallina/ Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcrystalline, Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7749

on 7/18/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

I'm a bit of a highlighter hoarder and after using the usuals (Physicians Formula, Benefit, Too Faced) for a while, I kept hearing about "Becca highlighters". I picked up Moonstone in hopes of a dewy, summer glow. Mission accomplished! I'm very picky about shimmer on my face due to my large pores but this product produced more "sheen" than "shimmer". My tip is to use a very light hand when applying. I actually had to wash my face and start over because I applied it like my Too Faced Candlelight and I looked like I dipped my face in Crisco. I tried again and with a light hand it looked gorgeous. It's a dewy glow in a compact! Period.

I bought this after hearing a lot of hype about it online. I like it but I don't think it's necessarily worth the price. With all the new highlighters coming out, I think it'd be easy to find a cheaper dupe. It does give a nice slightly golden yellow glow but I find it needs to blended pretty well or it can look like you just swiped a line off it on your cheekbones. If money isn't a big concern to you, it might be worth trying out.

I've heard rave reviews forever about Becca's highlighters, and was in need of a really great one. I already owned the liquid hightlight from Becca in Moonstone and absolutely fell in LOVE with it, so I figured I would give this a go because this specific color flattered my skin tone so well.

To start, the packaging is pretty, brushed metal for a touch of elegance, so upon seeing it, I found that really cute. I opened it, saw it had a great mirror (another plus, for on the go). When you first see the powder it looks soft even in the pan. Moonstone is an very light yellow gold, with white gold baby fine flecks throughout. I applied it to my cheeks using my fingers because I was curious of the consistency, which was so buttery smooth and VERY pigmented. After patting a bit on my cheek bones, and a little on the bridge of my nose, a touch on my cupids bow, I then stepped back and looked in the mirror. LADIES, oh ladies, it was SO beautiful!!! I looked lit from within, and it accentuated and lifted my already high cheekbones making my whole face look amazing. I am SO SO happy I bought this, and will be stocking up! Highly recommend. Hands down, the best highlighter I've ever used!! :))

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is the best highlighter I've ever used. I've never found a drugstore highlighter that gives off such a gorgeous glow as this one! Plus I think Moonstone is gorgeous for my super pale skin! Yes it's a splurge, I think I paid 36 for it but it's so worth it and it will literally last you forever because you only need the smallest amount. Once you've swatched it, you'll fall in love.

on 7/2/2015 9:06:00 AM

i love the product itself but its just that tad to light for me and im quite fair but love the bronzer so i cant really use it as a cheekbone highlight which sucks because i dont want to spend $50AUD on a different one.

on 6/24/2015 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! I am a huge shimmer person so this is the one product in my life I can say i have found that I truly just ADORE. It's the perfect shimmer and it truly stays all day. I get compliments all the time and it's so noticeable in photos. I have both Moonstone and Opal. EXPENSIVE but oh so worth it.

on 5/30/2015 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Finally treated myself to this little number! I really love this highlighter because it's super natural looking, and doesn't look like glitter on your face. I've received so many compliments while wearing it, and everybody always tells me I look healthy and glowing, and ask what I've been doing to my skin!

My only complaint would be that it doesn't last all day and gets rubbed off quickly. Perhaps I'll try the liquid formula next time!

on 4/8/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

had huge, visible sparkles in it. i prefer more of a shiny look instead of a sparkly look, so i wasn't particularly impressed. returned.

God I love this product. As soon as I put it on and went out to dinner EVERYONE complimented me on how great my skin is looking, it just makes me look totally radiant. I give it all the credit because lately have not been able to drink as much water or sleep :\ Definitely worth it.

on 9/14/2014 7:15:00 PM

Me being a highlighter junkie of course I heard about the becca highlighters and I knew I had to get it. I chose moonstone because I have fair skin and I love an intense highlight. It gives me the perfect natural glow without looking fake yet I still get the intense look that I love. I am very happy with this and Would love to try this in opal!