Maybelline The Nudes

3.4

this is the first eyeshadow palette id ever gotten and I love it! it has great neutral colours and a mix of shimmery and matte shades

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Contrary to most other reviewers, I have found that the colours do not lack pigment too much, they are buildable enough, at least for my taste.
I like all the colours, they are a really good array of mostly warm neutrals, all eminently wearable. There are matte as well as shimmer and satin shades plus a black which I find is not toooo saturated and so one of the easier blacks to wear.
Won't be purchasing as there are plenty of other options in this category but I shall enjoy this palette.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was the first eyeshadow palette I had ever bought. I thought it was pretty good at the time. Looking back, it is really lacking pigment and not blendable at all. I'm not very picky when it comes to makeup, but this was just not good. I only ever used the gold shade and a few others. The highlight shade was ashy on me and I did not like it. Now that I've been using Lorac and Too Faced shadows and the L'oreal nudes palette, this palette just downright sucks. I think the real deal breaker for me was how it just did not blend right at all. It was patchy and hard to build on color. If you're on a budget and have really nice brushes and patience, then this palette will do you just fine.

not that good but could be better. the colors aren't very pigmented, and a pan in my palette was falling out (the lightest one on the top left) but that's probably just my palette LOL. for the price, i didn't really expect much from it though. could be a good palette for beginners

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This Maybelline eye pallet is definitely my go-to eye pallets for every day wear. With a great blend of matte and shiny colors, it's perfect for a day at the office or for the night out.

Not only is this pallet perfect for a nude Smoky eye, I've also used a couple of the colors to contour my fair skin. I've had this since the summer and I've only hit pan on two of the colors. It's very pigmented, lasts all day, and doesn't have fall out. Once I run out, there's no way I'm not buying another.

I bought as the shades looked quite versatile and I wasn't disappointed. I am a student so I try to make the most out of each piece of makeup I have. In addition to using the palette as eyeshadows, I also use it as brow powder and I plan to try it out for contouring and possibly highlighting. There are 5 matte shades and 7 satin/shimmery shades, and in general the satin/shimmery shades are of a better quality.

On the back of the package, it divides the palette into quads/trios/duos which is quite useful.
I divided the palette into 2 rows, top and bottom, and they are numbered left to right from 1-6 for each row.

Top 4, Bottom 3 are probably my favourite shades as they are very pigmented and I find the warmer shades in this palette compliment my brown eyes quite well. I also like Bottom 1 as an all over the lid colour; Top 2 is a very similar shade but it is just slightly less pigmented and it has a cooler undertone.
I have black hair and I usually use Top 6 as my brow colour, sometimes I mix it with top 5 if I want a softer look. These 2 colours have a cool undertone but the texture could be better - it isn't very smooth.
Bottom 6 can be used wet as an eyeliner, and top 5 would work too for a softer look.
Looking at mixing Top 5 and Bottom 2 to create a neutral contouring shade.
Top 1 and Bottom 5 cannot be compared to the other satin/shimmery shades in terms of pigmentation and texture, but they work well as inner corner highlight, looking at these 2 for highlights (possibly).

I will probably repurchase this palette as the shades are very versatile unless I can find another versatile palette with better quality at this price point.

Overall, I think the palette is good for someone on a budget as the shades are quite versatile - you are not limited to using them as eyeshadows. In particular the middle bronze quad has some good quality shades. The quality for each shade in the palette varies, but they are workable - it's not really realistic to expect outstanding quality for drugstore price (still hopeful though :P ).

The new edition of the palettes have the name of each eyeshadow on the lid so that's helpful. The tutorial at the back of the palette is great for beginners.The pro's is that I find the colors very blendable but I need to use a bit more of the product to see color. Pigmentation is just ok but shades are wearable and mostly come from the warm family & the colors complement each other. Some colors are sheer and nice & perfect for work. I would recommend if you are on a budget. It wouldn't be fair to compare this to UD because this is a drugstore brand so the quality is certainly going to be different. I do like the clear lid packaging. I see the colors working for summer,fall as well as weddings. The colors are universally flattering and would suit any skin tone. There`s a color for everyone.

The con is that there`s not much product in the pan. Its actually quite small and you need to use more product to see color so you do hit the pan fast. The second gripe is the fallout during application. So you may want to place a tissue under your eye when applying the eyeshadow. Thirdly, I noticed chalks of colors were flaking from my pan accelerating the life of the product! This baby is definitely not coming with me for my travels as there might be more chalks breaking from the pan, so its just gonna sit on my dresser for now.

But having said all that, this is cheap for that many colors, so I'm not complaining. This pallete is more for gals on tough economic times. Somehow you`ll survive with the pro's of the product!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

The color intensity isn't as much as higher end palettes, but will work if you are doing a subtle eye or new to eye shadows. I reach for this when I need something to go with other eye shadows (such as a medium matte to cut a crease) or I am looking for a neutral eye. It seems like a good choice if your budget is tight. I haven't tried any of the Naked palettes yet so I can't compare it to them. It's not anything better than any of Maybelline's other eye shadows, but better than those other cheap drugstore palettes because it's not overly glittery or chalky. The color intensity is best when applied over a primer or concealor.

For ultra-wearable eyeshadows with lasting power, I highly recommend Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette. The price tag is absolutely amazing — you are paying less than 50 cents for each of twelve ultra-wearable shades!

Where you lose out a bit with the Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette is applicability and color/sparkle density. I recommend using the Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette with an eyeshadow primer to make them more blendable and spreadable. For day-to-day, I don’t necessarily want a lot of color or sparkle density, but for fancy occasions, I might switch to a different, slightly more expensive palette.

Nonetheless, the Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette is amazing, and I’m a fan! An awesome buy, especially with an eyeshadow primer.

Follow the link below for a more detailed review!

Not great pigmentation and the colours bleed together unless you prime it. The colours were all the same and there could have been more matte shades