LORAC Pro Palette 2

LORAC Pro Palette 2
Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2

4.7

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510). *Contains Carmine as a Color Additive.

I really love the pigmentation, long wear, creaminess, and shimmer without glitter that I get from LORAC shadows, and this palette is my favorite. While people call this cooler than the first Pro palette, I think that is primarily due to the grey packaging. There are a few cool colors but more lean warm or neutral. I have blue-grey eyes and find all colors but Jade to be flattering. My very favorites are Chrome, Rose, Mocha, Cool Grey, Lt. brown, and Nectar--the mid tones, which I favor because I'm pretty fair. For this reason, I prefer the Pro II to the Pro I, because Pro I's darker shades seem less daytime appropriate given my coloring.

The mix of light, medium, and dark tones, mattes and shimmers would make this a great palette for travel, although the cardboard packaging isn't ideal for that purpose.

I've never understood complaints that LORAC shadows can blend into muddy tones. Maybe my looks are less complicated, or I tend to blend less. I tend to create basic 1-3 shade looks. A simple wash of color with virtually any of these shades is really lovely.

on 9/30/2014 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't think I'll get as much use out of this as I do my original Lorac Pro Palette. Despite that, I do enjoy it. Once again, Lorac, I hate the cardboard packaging.

Favorite shades of the palette: Nectar, plum, navy, cool gray, chrome (the navy and plum both have blending issues for me, but I'm going to play around with them more).

Least favorites: Silver. Does anyone use silver eyeshadow anymore? I never see anyone wearing it and I don't really know how on earth I'm going to get any use out of it. I'll have to look into this, as I suppose this is more of a taste thing than a product issue.
I also am not so sure about Jade for the exact same reason, not sure how I'm going to wear that at all.

The rest aren't super memorable or unique in my opinion and you probably have them in another palette if you have a palette addiction like myself.

The Lorac Pro palettes are excellent for people who are just starting out with makeup as it covers all of basics and adds a few interesting shades to play around with. I would recommend the original Lorac Pro for absolute beginners though. I probably could have skipped this palette but the pull of a new palette sucked me in. I don't regret it and I won't return it as I love Lorac shadows.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not sure what took me so long to finally try ANY Lorac product but I am completely on board. Honestly, my Pro Palette 2 completely beats the crap out of my Urban Decay Naked palettes. This one is so much better than any other palette I have tried. With just this one palette, I can do 3 to 4 everyday looks and several more evening looks. With other palettes (I'm talking about you again,UD) I would still have to use other non-palette eyeshadows. But with this, I only use the palette for everything from base, crease, outer v, brow bone highlight, inner corner highlight, and even eyeliner. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PALETTE!

Also this #2 palette is so much prettier in person. When I went to the store, I originally went to buy the #1 palette but when I saw it in person I realized I already had a lot of the basic colors. I'd say #1 is a truly basic palette (I intend on getting that too once I run out of my basic eyeshadows). This #2 palette is just so gorgeous and really easy to use. I'm not particularly skilled in doing makeup but the smoothness/buttery-ness of these Lorac shadows really helps me look like I know what I'm doing!

on 9/15/2014 11:25:00 PM

These shadows are so pigmented you really need a light hand when applying them. I find that if I pick up too much, I end up having a hard time blending. The color combo in this palette is great.

I'm really excited about this palette. I just got it after seeing a labor day 20% off coupon and having had my eye on it for about a month. At first I thought a lot of these colors in the first half of the palette look just like a lot of my MAC colors. But that is ok. They are the colors I use the most.

What's most impressive about this is the shadows. Keep in mind I am a person who hated the Naked Palettes. I think they're overrated and messy. The colors aren't exactly original or unique but the quality is amazing. They have great color payoff, great staying power, they aren't dusty at all and are easy to work with. I have too many eyeshadows as a makeup junkie, but this palette stands out. If someone literally needed one palette, I would say get this one, or maybe the original (I haven't tried it yet I prefer cooler tones), and a normal non makeup junkie would be set and happy with an amazing quality product.

on 8/25/2014 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy smokes.
This was my first foray into higher-end eyeshadow palettes and let me tell you - I am hooked.
I picked this up because I loved how there was an even number of matte and shimmer shades. I feel this lends a great deal of diversity to the looks that can be created with this palette. The mattes range from light neutrals to intense pops of color to smoky, cool grays (one of which has an incredible taupe hue and I'm obsessed with it).
The shimmer shades offer up perfect highlighters and intense, smoky, jewel-like shades, which are great for dramatic looks.
My favorites from the bunch are Cool Gray (taupe gray), Rosť (rose gold shimmer), Chrome (cool shimmering taupe gray), and Jade (shimmering jade green).
The texture of these shadows is smooth, buttery, and holy Moses are they pigmented! They blend like a dream. I feel like I've turned into a makeup artist overnight with this palette!
The packaging is sleek and attractive, boasting a matte gray finish and pronounced silver lettering. It feels sturdy and well-made.
The price isn't too bad. $42 for a pretty vast selection of looks. However, each shadow is quite small. I would like to see them release full-size singles of my favorite shades from the palette, but I'm not sure if they do that.
The primer that comes with the palette is pretty good. It creates a great base for the shadows, but doesn't last as long as my WnW Fergie eyeshadow primer.
I will definitely repurchase, and perhaps explore the first Pro palette moving forward. This was a great investment!

on 8/18/2014 3:55:00 PM

Just recently purchased this palette at Ulta with my 20% off coupon so it was a good deal. The market is so saturated right now with eyeshadow palettes that it can be difficult to choose the one that's meant for you. After returning the Naked 2 UD palette I hesistated on which one was going to work for me. Then I swatched some LORAC e/s and much to my surprise they were creamy and super pigmented. This palette was more appealing to me than the original bc the colors seemed softer. I have been using these e/s everyday to create either a smoky eye or a simple daytime look. Already considering the Unzipped Palette b.c I am so in love with this brand.

Also find it helpful that the top row is all matte shades and the botttom is all shimmer shades.

on 8/16/2014 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

One of the best palettes I own!!! Gorgeous colors, excellent pigmentation and color pay-off. Shadows are buttery soft with little to no fallout. The shadows feel so velvety on my lids. Best formulation of shadows, hands down!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Now I love Lorac as a brand and think their stuff is amazing. After careful consideration, I decided to return this palette. While the matte shades were beautiful, I found they didn't blend well on my skin. The cooler toned shades made me look dead. While it's a good quality palette, it just didn't work for me.

Wow I really love this palette! I have the 1st one and so far this bad boy has been getting a lot of love! At first I was worried because I kept hearing "warm" with some of the shades. Now me being fair NW20 tops with very cool undertones I was a little worried it wouldn't work with my skin tone. Oh how wrong I was! I also have green eyes and blonde hair so if something is too "warm" it can look really bad on me. IMO this palette is way more cool toned than the first and I'm using so many more colours. For me a lot of the shimmers are standouts. I love Chrome it is such a cool unique shade. I put Silver on my inner corner of my lid and Chrome on the outer and it looks so nice. For my crease the mattes are fantastic and are really pigmented!

My favorites are Charcoal and Cool Grey they just blend so well and look awesome. For my outer crease or V I love Plum and Navy. They are just beautiful shadows and I only have to touch my brush to get what I need. Plum looks amazing blended in with Charcoal and Navy also makes a fantastic liner. I also really love Buff on the brow bone with Beige on the outer part. Just a light sweep looks really nice and not too shimmery. I then use Snow in the inner corners of my eye. So, I have experimented with a bunch of looks and I couldn't be happier with this palette! I do think the first Pro was more on the warm side and Pro 2 has a few more cooler shades without a doubt.

What's great is this palette will work for a lot of people. The colours are super pigmented,soft, and so easy to blend. I tend to use softer brushes because my firmer bristled ones will kick up to much powder and really are counterproductive for me. With my angled liner brush I just touched it to Navy and had plenty to line with. There are so many great shades in this like Jade it kinda reminds me of Stash. So I'm stoked to have a similar shade because I have noticed on light and brown eyes it's just a shade that works, and brings out the eyes so beautifully. I like the packaging I do wish it was sturdier but I like the slimness and the colour is nice as well.

I'm a palette collector so for me at first I wasn't sure if I was going to get this. Well I am so glad I did because it's becoming one of my most used and loves palettes! The shades are fantastic and I haven't had any problems with fallout. It comes with primer but I prefer my WnW primer it works great with these. I also got a free mascara so that was an awesome deal for the price! Also 8 shimmer and 8 matte shades that are really versatile you really can't go wrong with this one. Totally Recommended!