Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/20/2014 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought this for my 9 year old - as these colors are BRIGHT as heck.
Apply with care and have fun channeling Rainbow Bright. Retails for $49 but I snagged one for $36.

Update: It is now 2016 and my (now) 11 year old loves and uses this palette. Worth the money I paid.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Like the other guys who have reviewed this I tend to only wear neutrals like the naked palets, however, when I saw a tutorial for this on YouTube (Batalash, incase you were wondering) I fell in love!! This palet is fantastic for either a "pop of colour" or for an amazing bright eye, it's super pigmented and blends
Beautifully....deffo worth the money, and even if I don't wear it everyday the packaging in its self was a winner for me, definitely worth a try!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm a neutrals-addict, which means I've loved this whole Naked palette/nude-toned trend. Still, there are so many out now that they've all begun to look the same, and this is truly a breath of fresh air. The colors really pop-- over primer, they apply very easily to exactly the color in the pan. I can't get over how bright all of these are. There isn't a single loser in this set (though I would have loved to see them replace Gonzo with a true yellow. This palette is very blue-heavy), and (with the exception of the silver shade, Revolt) there's none of the fallout problem that's kept me from loving Urban Decay shimmer shades in the past.

All of these shades are silky and bold, and they blend like a dream. Even if you're not into bold colors all over your eyes, these work wonderfully as liners or accent colors. The included brush is fantastic, the packaging is gorgeous as usual. I'm in love.

on 4/14/2014 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to try the Sugar Pill Pro Palette but sadly never got to. I was really happy to see Urban Decay release this and was exited to experiment with the colors. Usually I tend to lean towards neutral colors but I am pretty open to trying new things in makeup and really wanted to change up my look a bit.

That being said, I do like this palette, but I wish it had a little less blue. Maybe a bright red or strong yellow would have been nice. That's just me being nitpicky though.

I was a bit put off by the warning it has saying not to use certain colors directing on the eye area, I mean it's eyeshadow! But the warning is only for the US one so that is reassuring, however if you do have very sensitive eyes approach with cation. I didn't have any problem with it but you can never be too careful.

The colors themselves are very pigmented and good quality. I don't really get much fallout with them either! I can't say much about Thrash though, I'm still not sure how to use this color. I think that they are really good to use for accenting your eyes with pops of color. One thing that I've been really into is using a bit of pink to blend out of the crease over a brown shadow. Just an itty bit though! It's like a sunset!

I would recommend this to those who are more adventurous with makeup otherwise and really want some good quality color.

on 4/9/2014 12:54:00 PM

I saw Urban Decay's new Electric Pressed Palette at Ulta but was a little apprehensive about spending $49 on this palette due to the boldness of the colors. However, after reading several blogs and finding out that Sephora was offering 15% off your entire purchase I decided to buy it. And I am so happy I did! The colors are really pretty, even though they are on the brighter side. You should definitely use primer to make the shadows pop. The packaging is nice, similar to the Naked palettes, and the brush that is included is awesome! It picks up the right amount of shadow and is the perfect size for getting a more precise application. I love the brush so much that I am thinking about checking to see if the brush is available for purchase on its own. The only reason why I wouldn't re-purchase this is because it is somewhat pricey for a palette of colors that I wouldn't use on its own. It would be best to use these bright colors as accents. I also read that you could use them as temporary highlights on your hair! Pretty awesome!

on 4/14/2014 12:58:00 PM

Can't believe only 1 review! Love this - did hesitate as it's so bright but gave in . I've only practiced with it really but the colours are gorgeous on. I've used as eyeliner too with a damp brush and they look fab.