J. Lo Glow

J. Lo Glow

2.7

on 1/5/2013 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yuck. I still cringe every time I see the bottle - the smell seems to be burnt into my mind. To me this smells very synthetic, plastic, newly sharpened pencils and laundry detergent with a little flower on top. Very crisp and clean, but not in a good way - the mental image I get when smelling this is an office with only women. They are all very cold (personality-wise), walking back and forth, not looking at he sides, quite unfriendly...

on 1/5/2013 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Kohl's. tester. Holy crap, I think people wanted to kill me on the spot after I testered this.

Well, "testered" is the wong word. You know when you're dicey about how something will smell, and you try to squirt a little *teeny* spritz on yourself and end up with a gigantic waterfall DOUCHE of smell all.over.your.wrist? You can't catch a whiff off the sprayer so you think you'll get you just an itty bit...and you end up somehow spraying half the bottle?

Yeah, I'm the dip that did that. And DAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNN, was it awful...

Straight up Nivea cream, no subtlety, no nuance, just BLAP! NIVEA!!! And God help me, because it was cheap-smelling and horrid, it CLUNG tenaciously, like that little teeny fart you think is harmelss but crop-dusts the entire store as you're trying to unobtrusively get away from it.

Even half an hour after I sprayed it - then scrubbed it with a baby wipe, then two - when I got into the checkout line, the checker wrinkled her nose slightly and asked me, "What is that perfume you're wearing? It's...interesting..." in that "Please tell me what that stench is that you're flaunting so I am sure to never buy that shit in my life!" tone that we all know.

I laughed and told her it wasn't interesting, it was NASTY and told her the name. Glad to know it wasn't my snob nose (I wear Skin Musk, I ain't no snob). Either chemistry or plain perfumery, this stuff is Nivea - laundry detergent - nose wrenching ickiness that, true to crummy perfumes, wouldn't wash the hell off. I finally took dish soap to it at home and it went away. It mellowed down but never changed, and I'm sure at least one woman in Kohl's or Macy's felt like slapping me. Test....with a tiny spray...if you can. (And petition Kohl's for tester strips, puh-leeease)

I bought this as a gift set yesterday at K-Mart I paid $10 for 1 oz and a tube of lotion. I was really excited to smell it, finally, because the Casual I used to love is so hard to find.I read that it smells like Casual and to my delight it smells exactly how I remember Casual. The price is good, it's much easier to find so I'm making this my new HG. Thank you so much, J Lo for Glow!!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have to disagree with a lot of others who don't like this product because to me this fragrance is so lovely!
It's indeed shower fresh, but it has warm freshness, makes me think of spa, it feels soft and a little humid
It has soapy scent and does smell a little like clean laundry.
It's sweet and powdery, but not overly so. It is balanced, peaceful, inobtrusive scent, yet feels a bit sexy. on me it smells good, not 'perfumey'- close to the skin.
I would buy it again.

on 11/20/2012 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Love this fragrance it's an oldie but a goodie! Get lots of compliments when wearing it and its really cheap in Australia at the moment.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is rare to say I hate a fragrance but this is one of them. It's enveloping in a having allergy attack kind of way. Very floral and musky. Gross.

This is my only celebrity and my only cheap-range perfume I wholeheartedly love and recommend. I tried this one out when it was first released. Memories of this time are quite sweet - I used the sample in my first spring as a student. I remembered the scent favorably for the 10 years later, but somehow as a young adult, I was over drugstore brands of makeup and especially over celebrity fragrances. I'd had my fair share of gifted Gabriela Sabatini and Naomi Campbell scents.

Recently, I rediscovered this one. Somehow, curiosity for it had remained. I now know better what I like compared with then - fresh, citrusy, but also "clean" and slightly powdery scents. The former, I have a few favorites (DKNY woman, some of the Hermes Jardin range, Armani Code for winter), the latter I have not found my perfect scent. I think this affordable perfume is it!

Trying it out and seeing how long it lasted compared with my high end perfumes sold me on it. It starts off very sharp, a bit uncomfortable. It mellows down to a very lovely fresh, powdery, just showered but better scent. And it lasts forever - perfumes last very badly on me, this one I get small glimpses of around 8 hrs after putting it on! Never happens to me with any other perfume. It's love :)

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

JLo Glow is a refreshing, light, delicate floral that's become a frequent flier in my perfume wardrobe. It is a nice change from oriental, fruity-floral, and chypre scents, possessing the same soapy-shower-clean vibe as Lauder's Pleasures or Lancome's Miracle. But it is not stridently soapy or astringent in the least. The pink grapefruit and orange blossom give the right amount of sharpness in the opening, and they quickly mellow to reveal roses, lilies, and soft spring rain. I agree with those who note similarities between Glow and "China Rain" fragrance oils. There's definitely a white-musk base going on here. I don't smell the sandalwood or vanilla at all. It's just easy to wear, whether I'm dressed up or down, and it suits my chemistry very well. One caveat, do NOT over-apply! This wears more like an EDP than an EDT-- two to three sprays is plenty, and you'll get all-day wear. More than that, and you'll get all-day migraines.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Typical jlo style with the bottle. U know the bling bling. The perfume itself, It's not among the best nor among the worst...I bought this when I was in my late teens n was starting out on scents.. Liked it then but my taste has changed with fragrances. It doesn't have an over powering smell n neither it's fruity or flowery..it's
Light n dusky..doesnt leave impressions (IMO a perfume is all about statement, giving a hint of what we ARe) so in that department ..comp fail. If u want a feeling of clean, there r better things doing that job..that's y I'm not repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this when it first cane out. It was over $150 Australian Dollars! Think I paid 170 for it. This fragrance was advertised as fresh, sexy, clean'. It soooooo lives up to the name! Just got it yesterday at 22 bucks! This would be my 4th bottle since 2002 .Glow has such a gorgeous, floral scent. But not overpowering like some fragrances. I have had so many compliments about this perfume, and it truly does smell 'clean'. It's has that 'clean linen that has been in a spring breeze' kind of scent. Not flowery, but fresh. It's like light roses and crisp white linen, with that freshly laundered smell that proves that you've washed your clothes! It is an amazing: scent that lingers for hours after applying. My observations are that SJP Lovely is the close comparison. Both are sexy and clean scents in their own way.

Popular Fragrances