Chanel CC cream

Chanel CC cream

3.7

on 10/4/2014 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let's start with my skin type; sensitive, very dry around the cheeks, annoyingly oily in the t-zone.

This product disappointed me. I'm a big Chanel fan and use many of their products in my skincare and make up routine.
I needed something with high SPF so I wanted to try the CC cream out.

Pros;
- convenient packaging
- pores were reduced significantly
- coverage was medium to full

Cons;
- burning sensation upon application
- didn't last very long during the day
- accentuate flakiness on cheeks
- slipps and slides around despite using powder to set
- caused me to be even oily-er than usual
- made me face EXTREMELY shiny and dirty looking (eww)

Didn't work for me, but it might work for you. :)

I cannot live without this product. I use Beige Rose 32 shade. I wear it everyday. I have combination skin and this super lightweight full cover product has been a lifesaver for me. I wear it on my days off from work when I'm just doing errands and during my work days I apply a tiny bit of CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Vekvet foundation where needed as well as their Lift Lumiere Rose concealer under my eyes. I'm pushing 50 and use only CHANEL skincare but there isn't a day that goes by where strangers don't stop me to ask how I get my skin to look so flawless. This is my secret weapon.

on 8/5/2014 10:08:00 PM

This is definitely not my thing. I wanted to love it so much since it's the most pricey CC cream I've bought. It will give you a glowing face at first (which I personally dislike since I have oily skin, it made me feel like there're tons of oil on my face).
Then after about 2 hours, the CC cream will be oxidized. My face became dark, dull, and just like I haven't had any make-up on.
I won't purchase it again for sure

I was excited when the Beige Rose 32 color came out, and rushed to the Chanel counter to try it. It really melted into my skin, so I decided to buy it, even though I have like 20 other foundations/BB-CC creams in my rotation. For reference, I wear Bobbi Brown Cool Beige, and the Beige Rose 32 CC cream was a perfect match.

Strong points are the full-spectrum sunscreen of SPF25, portable and sanitary squeeze tube, and the lovely skin-like finish. This is less thick than, say, the DiorSnow BB cream, but still gives good coverage. It also photographs well in daylight (have not tried it with flash, but I imagine that you would get some bounceback due to the titanium dioxide.)

Weak points are the oil control (I have combo skin and very oily nose), and this is also very heavily scented (as most Chanel products are) -- so if you have a sensitive nose or your skin is reactive to fragrance, beware. Also, since it is only available in a few shades, darker skintones will not be able to find a match.

Overall, a very good product and one that I am happy with. Will definitely repurchase! continued >>

on 6/29/2014 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this CC cream. I have beige 20 blend well to my skin tone. Nice scent too.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product was recommended to me by a friend and I must say I am totally hooked on this product. I havent got the best skin but after using this my skin looks absolutely fabulous. It really does correct imperfections, it makes my skin look flawless. For me its the best thing I have bought for a long time. Will definately buy again. A bit pricy but it has lasted me ages.

on 6/19/2014 4:39:00 AM

This product smells so good. It's nice on. So here are the pro's and cons

Pros:
- good coverage
- has SPF
- keeps the skin hydrated
- colour was good for my skin tone, I believe there's only one colour

Cons:
- can only purchase in Asia
- makes you oily and leaves creases after a few hours
- there's only one colour

on 6/7/2014 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to love this cc cream so much -- mostly because it was a splurge buy and I can't return it. According to the Chanel representative, it comes in two undertones, pink and yellow, and it's supposed to adjust to the color of your skin. I have the rose beige, for pink undertones, and it is a good match for my light, pinkish skin, although maybe a little too light. The color is a lot like Dr. Jart Black Label Detox. Not sure it would agree with anyone who has a dark or even medium skintone. The coverage is great, medium-high, and it covers my acne scars well without looking caked on or patchy. My face looked smooth and poreless, really the best it's ever looked. Buildable coverage and blends very well, though too much product comes out at once when you squeeze the tube. The downside: very, very glowy, from the instant you apply it. I guess this would be good for dry skin, although I think the glow/shine factor would be even a little too much for dry skin. Since I have oily skin, I knew it could only get worse, and it did -- very shiny as opposed to glowy in an hour. Since I had to wipe it off after a few hours because it looked like an oil slick, I can't say how it holds up after a full day for normal or dry skin.
It's really a nice product -- it does make your skin look beautiful and it reminds me of Kiehl's but with more coverage -- but I'd suggest that if you have oily skin you might want to pass this one on by given that it's so expensive.

EDIT: Now that the humidity and heat are over come fall, and my skin is much less oily after acne treatment, I've found that this works really well for me. It only gets shiny toward the end of the day, and goes on matte. Lasted a full 8 hours too. Ironically, it's now one of my favorites. The one thing I noticed is that it doesn't make any claims to fade dark spots like a lot of CC creams, which is disappointing, but I could be wrong.

I have extremely dry skin and have tried a billion foundations (including Chanel); all of which look cakey on my face no matter how much moisturiser I use. The Chanel counter makeup artist suggested I try this and I love it! It provides sheer to medium coverage (buildable in thin layers) and makes my skin look dewy. I still do have to moisturiser prior to use but it doesn't look cakey at all. I have two shades: 20 beige (lighter, yellow undertone) and 32 rose beige (slightly darker, pink undertone). I use the 20 for highlighting and the 32 for the rest of my face. Love this!

This CC cream is my first to use in cc creams. Was thinking about olay's just because of the price, but had to go for the Chanel even though. I just love Chanel everything. Firstly, there is a scent to it as their other products which I loveeeeeeee. The color which comes in one shade is a bit light for my complexion but it works.The coverage is medium for me and by the end of the day, the coverage is still there I wear it under my le jour followed by the rich hydration crme. My face is combination with an oily tzone so layering products might be a disadvantage to me however this does not cause my skin to look greasy. I wear at 9am - 8pm and my face is demi matte with a slight shine which I find really good. . Sometimes I set it with the perfection lumiere compact and its flawless! Hasn't broken me out and the darker spots on my face due to acne scarring has faded a bit thus far. Its only been a month and Half. I am happy with my purchase. Btw my bf loves when I wear it without any powder or foundation. He always compliments my skin, he loves the idea that I'm makeup free .