Chanel CC cream

Chanel CC cream

3.7

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product was recommended to me by a friend and I must say I am totally hooked on this product. I havent got the best skin but after using this my skin looks absolutely fabulous. It really does correct imperfections, it makes my skin look flawless. For me its the best thing I have bought for a long time. Will definately buy again. A bit pricy but it has lasted me ages.

on 6/19/2014 4:39:00 AM

This product smells so good. It's nice on. So here are the pro's and cons

Pros:
- good coverage
- has SPF
- keeps the skin hydrated
- colour was good for my skin tone, I believe there's only one colour

Cons:
- can only purchase in Asia
- makes you oily and leaves creases after a few hours
- there's only one colour

this baby is my HOLY HOLY HOLY GRAIL product.
It's true it does have a scent... but if this doesn't bother you it's just amazing. It's perfect for my skin tone too i got it in 32 beige ros and even that i have yellow undertones it still works perfect.
my favorite foundation combination is benefit that gal and then the chanel cc cream, i get tons of compliments on my skin and people keep asking me what i do and how i manage to get such perfect skin. with this product a dream has come true. despite the ridiculous price you only need a small amount of the product to achieve best results. so for me its wort it. i have no idea whats the color range in other countries but would ask for a sample to test out the color before buying.

foundation references:
MUFE HD - N120
MAC - NC 20
GIVENCHY Photo Perfexion - 3 Perfect Sand

hope this was helpful for you guys.

on 6/7/2014 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to love this cc cream so much -- mostly because it was a splurge buy and I can't return it. According to the Chanel representative, it comes in two undertones, pink and yellow, and it's supposed to adjust to the color of your skin. I have the rose beige, for pink undertones, and it is a good match for my light, pinkish skin, although maybe a little too light. The color is a lot like Dr. Jart Black Label Detox. Not sure it would agree with anyone who has a dark or even medium skintone. The coverage is great, medium-high, and it covers my acne scars well without looking caked on or patchy. My face looked smooth and poreless, really the best it's ever looked. Buildable coverage and blends very well, though too much product comes out at once when you squeeze the tube. The downside: very, very glowy, from the instant you apply it. I guess this would be good for dry skin, although I think the glow/shine factor would be even a little too much for dry skin. Since I have oily skin, I knew it could only get worse, and it did -- very shiny as opposed to glowy in an hour. Since I had to wipe it off after a few hours because it looked like an oil slick, I can't say how it holds up after a full day for normal or dry skin.
It's really a nice product -- it does make your skin look beautiful and it reminds me of Kiehl's but with more coverage -- but I'd suggest that if you have oily skin you might want to pass this one on by given that it's so expensive.

EDIT: Now that the humidity and heat are over come fall, and my skin is much less oily after acne treatment, I've found that this works really well for me. It only gets shiny toward the end of the day, and goes on matte. Lasted a full 8 hours too. Ironically, it's now one of my favorites. The one thing I noticed is that it doesn't make any claims to fade dark spots like a lot of CC creams, which is disappointing, but I could be wrong.

I have extremely dry skin and have tried a billion foundations (including Chanel); all of which look cakey on my face no matter how much moisturiser I use. The Chanel counter makeup artist suggested I try this and I love it! It provides sheer to medium coverage (buildable in thin layers) and makes my skin look dewy. I still do have to moisturiser prior to use but it doesn't look cakey at all. I have two shades: 20 beige (lighter, yellow undertone) and 32 rose beige (slightly darker, pink undertone). I use the 20 for highlighting and the 32 for the rest of my face. Love this!

This CC cream is my first to use in cc creams. Was thinking about olay's just because of the price, but had to go for the Chanel even though. I just love Chanel everything. Firstly, there is a scent to it as their other products which I loveeeeeeee. The color which comes in one shade is a bit light for my complexion but it works.The coverage is medium for me and by the end of the day, the coverage is still there I wear it under my le jour followed by the rich hydration crme. My face is combination with an oily tzone so layering products might be a disadvantage to me however this does not cause my skin to look greasy. I wear at 9am - 8pm and my face is demi matte with a slight shine which I find really good. . Sometimes I set it with the perfection lumiere compact and its flawless! Hasn't broken me out and the darker spots on my face due to acne scarring has faded a bit thus far. Its only been a month and Half. I am happy with my purchase. Btw my bf loves when I wear it without any powder or foundation. He always compliments my skin, he loves the idea that I'm makeup free .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use a prescription retinol at night (Renova) but it makes my skin very light sensitive (all skins, actually). So I never leave the house without a sunscreen. Every day. If I forget, I turn a nice orange and if I burn, the red will stay for a long time. Anyway, I use Skinceuticals but I don't care for the smell or the tint. I also use Avene SPF50 but it is greasy and very white and I look like a greasy ghost and need powder, but it does work. I wanted something that would work as my concealer, my foundation and a sunscreen, and this product, while kind of heavy and chalky, works well. It is drying, and I a worried that it kind of looks like a mask, but from far, it leaves me with a fantastic complexion. It's important to make sure your skin is well hydrated and exfoliated, then apply really fast and just a little. If you are still worried about the SPF, use something under it, but I need a natural SPF, not a chemical one and this one is a natural base and does not irritate.

on 4/7/2014 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I agree with the below, hefty price tag, AMAZING product, if anything it makes my complexion even better as the day goes on, I put the Soliel Tan de Chanel on over this - magic! I only wear when I'm going out or to events, it's pricey @ 50.00 a pop...

I absolutely LOVE this product. I was actually astounded by the way my face looked with this on.

The formula comes out of the bottle thickish in consistency, sort of like a firm foundation. It smells lovely and lightly floral, like all Chanel products, which I love. The formula feels luxurious and silky under your fingertips. It spreads very nicely on the face, and begins to absorb soon after. The most amazing thing about this product is how seamlessly it blends into the face, and the glow it gives your face. I am not exaggerating when I say, the finish is a glowy, even tone, making your cheeks and otherwise dull parts of the face glow and reflect light. I don't set my base with powder, because I hate how powder feels if I touch my face throughout the day. 4 hours later, the cream did not make me oily, did not wear off and the glow was maintained. I was surprised that I did not even need concealer while wearing this, because the skin around my eyes totally evened out with the rest of my face. Later that evening I received many compliments about my skin.

Needless to say, I will definitely be re-purchasing despite the hefty price tag.

My first review here is for CC Cream Complete Correction SPF 30 PA+++ in 20 Beige. When first time I bought the first tube last year, no other optional choice, but 20 Beige.

I've purchased the second tube couple months ago at Incheon Duty Free, for a stock when I'm about running out the first one in upcoming, probably, 3 months. We don't have Chanel Makeup Counter here in Indonesia, but in Duty Free Soekarno-Hatta Airport, and they don't sell this by the time I wanted to buy.

Packaging: It's hygienic tube, sleek white with sturdy cap. It's absolutely compact for traveling.

Texture: thick, creamy, and yellowish. It's best using beauty blender to apply, than foundation brush or worse, fingers.

Complexion after application: slightly brightened and healthier with sheer, but buildable into medium coverage. I can still see blemishes or freckles or redness (that's the use of concealer), but in overall, looking good and sheer, and looking even better after few hours. Even better if using primer (I use Chanel Le Blanc Light Revealing Whitening Makeup Base SPF35 PA+++ under, and Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre in 20 Clair, as setting powder).

I'm sensitive combo acne prone skin type and most foundation or compact powder broke me out, but this CC Cream didn't.

The texture isn't as good as Vitalumiere Aqua, which is runny but cooling, but I prefer CC Cream since the Vitalumiere Aqua is a bit oxydized on me, darker in the mid of the day.

I took one lippie for the price tag since I'm actually NW25 skin, I wish someday Chanel will consider between 20 to 30. 20 is a bit too bright, while 30 is too dark for me, but I will always repurchase Chanel CC Cream, to be used for daily or even special occasion, since I don't like make up that showing make up. Luv it!