It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I initially purchased this in the shade "fair" on recommendation by 2 Sephora SAs but I found it leaving me looking very pasty and blotchy. Still, I continued using it for a month to make sure its formula and my skin got along great before trying the next darker shade "light", which turned out to be a perfect match. It's been 2 months since.

Love this as my daily light-medium coverage liquid makeup. How I've been wearing it: Wash > lightly moisturise > sunscreen > this CC > concealer on spots > light dusting of loose powder on the oiliest parts. No touchups other than light blotting with tissue midday and I have it on averagely 13 hrs per day almost everyday.

A bit about my over-40 skin: Sensitive, ultra oily, dehydrated, enlarged pores and prone to hormonal breakouts. I also suffer from hyperpigmentation. Living in the tropics also means dealing with heat & humidity year round plus dry air-conditioned air indoors and my sensitive skin is constantly acting up trying to adjust.

And the following is why I love this CC:
- has not caused any allergic reactions nor breakouts (in fact, I dare say my skin complexion seems to have improved slightly)
- looks like skin, never gets cakey even through 13 hours of wear, sweat and oil build up (though skin appearance does becomes uneven due to blotting taking off some of the makeup)
- does not oxidise/darken
- can be applied directly on a freshly washed face (saves time when in a rush)
- applies easily with fingers (I'm lazy with sponges and brushes plus fingers reduce product wastage)
- does not settle into my fine lines (other than my under eye crease lines - but this happens with every other makeup I've used regardless of over primers or not)
- spf 50
- scent is fresh and citrusy (scent dissipates quickly upon application)
- comes in handy travel size

Still, as much as I love it, it isn't perfect. Negatives (for me):
- light to medium coverage blurs but does not hide my spots (so concealer or a foundation over is still a must for when I want to fake a flawless complexion)
- feels and looks oily over my moisturiser and even more so when I add sunscreen over my moisturiser (so some blotting before dusting of loose powder is needed) and that's a fresh application. By midday, my face is so oil-slicked that if I forget to blot, my melting makeup would show lines and smudges where my hair strands brush my face or where my sunglasses sit my face. However, this probably won't be the case for most other people unless you're also super oily by nature
- settles somewhat into my enlarged oily pores no matter how I try different application methods or over special primers (so having the right skin-matching shade makes a huge difference in keeping the dotty-pore look less obvious)
- doesn't feel hydrating without moisturising first (sometimes, my skin will flake the moment the CC cream goes on)
- tad pricey (but worth it based on having used many well known brands ranging from drugstore to high end, which also had their fair share of negatives each)
- very limited range of shades (I'm lucky one works for me)

Do I recommend this? If you find a matching shade and if you don't need full coverage, definitely give it a go. They make minis though these do not come with pumps. They also make a shimmer version of this but as an oily, I'd avoid them. Good luck!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I mix in a little of their illuminating CC cream and some of the bronzing as well. A little goes a long way. It lasts all day long and makes me look younger. I love it.

I discovered this CC cream a few years ago at Ulta when I was looking for something to cover up my slight rosacea. I had all but given up on BB and CC creams but the wonderful MUA there suggested I try it. I fell in love immediately and it's really only one of the few makeup items I repurchase. I have it in three different colors so it matches me for every season. I never leave home without it on, and as someone who would never go out without a full face of makeup, I'm confident enough to throw only this on. If I have a big event then I will wear foundation over it but I rarely even need to. It lasts a good 6-8 hours, and if I need it longer then I just put some Lancôme powder over it and it smooths it over. I love this stuff and I pray they never stop making it.

I purchased this about 3 months ago from Ulta. I've only worn it twice before this weekend, so couldn't really review until now. I wore this the last 2 days while away. Both days were very hot, humid, and spent the majority outdoors, walking for roughly 5 miles minimum every day, in the blazing sun. This stuff stayed on my face - it didn't melt or sweat off. Unbelievable.

I have the color 'light', and its a really great match. At first putting it on, it always seems a tad too light, but after a few minutes, it melds into the skin and.............viola??

So obviously I got this for the skin ingredients and the sunscreen. I put this on bare, per the directions - no moisturizer, and I use my fingers to apply. It is creamy, not too thick, and a little seems to go a long way, and I love the tube with the pump. Very travel friendly. It does leave an overly-dewy/shiny look, so I just very lightly tapped some powder over it. This was very natural looking on me, and I think its because of the close color match. It did not accentuate any of the bad stuff: lines, wrinkles. It has great coverage without looking mask like.

I'm impressed with how it performed over my travel weekend. i will purchase again. $38 for the tube, which initially I thought was over priced, but now I know its worth it to me. This will last me quite a while as well.
'

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is close to perfection for me. I would give it a 5 if it was transfer proof.

I found the best way to apply this is with my fingers. I really rub into my skin vs bouncing it with a sponge or brush. I find it has better staying power with this method.

It gives me great, natural coverage with a gorgeous finish...no caking or settling into lines. It does get a little oily in my T zone, but a might dusting of powder takes care of it.

I wear it everyday in the medium shade, which matches me perfectly...I love the awesome skincare ingredients in it, too...and the mineral sunscreen protection.

I like this foundation, not for the price necessarily but the product itself is decent. The coverage is amazing and it dries matte, but not too dry

I have dry, mature, and sensitive skin with some pigmentation. This cc cream at first gives me medium coverage and two hours become light coverage. It give me a nice glow not oily glow on me. It last me all worked day(8 hours). It didn't sink in pores or fine line cost $39 at Sephora. At Sephora have mini size of this cc cream if want to try out and didn't want to spend for a full size the mini cost $15. I very like this cc cream. I bought mine in shade medium.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This product is a must have in my collection, i will not be without it. Here is why:

PROS:
-natural looking (i have dry skin for the reference)
-long wearing (again, perhaps if you're oily it may not BUT...
-my face sweats a lot (TMI?) I'm not oily but have terrible anxiety so my face sweats a lot and this hold up to my most anxious moments
-I love the coverage, It's not completely full but enough to cover my redness and mild hyperpigmentation
-packaging is useful, you do get quite a good amount of product
-The SPF is great, although I always wear a separate sunscreen anyways

CONS:
-price is expensive, but I am willing to splurge on an item I can't dupe anywhere else
-Only found at ulta (sephora canada does not carry IT), although I buy mine on Beautylish for my canadian address and love the website, so it's not too bad

Overall I highly recommend this product

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I LOVE the SPF 50 and anti aging serum. It's like everything you need for daytime all in one! The only issues I have are the fruit oils (they can easily irritate sensitive skin) and the very limited color choices. I mean, Urban Decay's Naked Skin (HG) has what seems like 100 different color choices, lol. So I purchased Fair in this, it's not a perfect match but Light looked slightly orange on me, which is not good. I need something in between. Otherwise it would be 5 ⭐️

I love this foundation.