Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

3.0

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

This does have good coverage but can start to cake up so I don't recommend this for people who have heavy blemishes. It does have a natural finish if applied with one layer. However, it creases like crazy! It creases on the lines by my mouth and also my under eyes! It also transfers so easily even if you set it with powder! It has no spf either so this is most definitely not for day time use. Though, I must say it looks good if you're going out to dinner or taking pictures at night and wouldn't mind doing touch ups on your face. Overall it would have been a good product since it doesn't make me break out but it's just too much work to maintain and the price is just outrageous for a foundation that requires so much work.

on 5/18/2014 11:32:00 AM

When I first put this on I absolutely hated it. It looked too pink and didn't look good on the skin. But then on a whim I tried it with a flat top brush and let it have time to adjust to my skin and wow! I'd say high medium to full coverage with a skin finish. It does take a while to set and I do use a powder on top but it lasts and lasts while looking great. For reference I'm about an nc15 who's neutral but leaning more yellow and n10 is a perfect match.

Nice from far, awful up close. Not good for all day wear, it starts to break down after a couple hours and gets oily in the Tzone. I don't have oily skin. It makes pores appear larger. It is not full coverage enough for dark marks like melasma. If you build it up it is obvious and looks terrible in the daylight... It just looks awful in the daylight regardless. Indoors not so bad. It cakes up in any creases like expression lines in the forehead and by the mouth. Don't use this if you wear glasses, it globs up on the bridge of the nose where your glasses rest. It makes my skin look tired and old. There is no way i would consider adding powder to my face after a few hours as it starts to look splotchy. After 7 hrs my skin felt pasty. Putting it on was a bit thicker than lotion. Definitely use a kabuki brush. I am going back for a refund. I don't care if it's fancy packaging. I only care that a product works as it says it does.

on 3/27/2014 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

**This only gets 3 stars because the color matched me decently, not because the product is any good.

Skin type: moderate acne (6-10+ active spots), oily all over, dry around certain acne spots, uneven skin tone due to acne scars (not deep/pits, just miscolored surface level spots), lots of redness in my skin due to sensitivity, and fair with yellow undertones. Basically, my skin is every girls worst nightmare.

So I went to Sephora and let them test a few different foundations on me because I desperately wanted something to help combat the redness in my skin (which makes my face look in much worse condition than it truly is) and this is what we landed on that worked with my skin tone. They also used Tarte's Colored Clay CC Primer underneath this (that's another review). After about 2 hours of wear, I already regretted buying it.

Over the next few days I tried it with a beauty blender, a brush, my fingers, with moisturize, without it, with the Tarte CC primer, without it, with a press powder, with a translucent powder, blah blah, and NOTHING worked.

Literally, my skin never felt dry. It had that "if my face touches anything, all of this is rubbing off on it" feel. I always take two toilet paper sheets, fold them, and lightly dabbed my face after putting on foundation to pick up the excess so it doesn't make me exceedingly oily in that spot, and it literally took OFF the entire amount of make-up I had just put on. It looked good in the mirror from about 4 feet back. It did make my skin look decently evened out, but the wear-life was 2 hours max. It says it is oil free but there is just something in this make-up that did not agree with my skin seeing as how it didn't last for shiz.

I would say pass on this one if your skin can potentially become oily at any point during the day or if you don't want to look like garbage.

on 3/26/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried a sample at SDM then bought the tube. It felt ok at first, but was so irritating/drying after a few hours, I couldn't wait to wash it off. I returned this the same day. It also turned orange.

When it comes to this product I am torn. It feels completely wonderful on my skin, it makes my skin feel oh so soft and doesn't feel cakey at all. It does give full coverage but only for a few hours, you are going to have to retouch your face during the day at least once. The downfall on this foundation is that it makes my T-Zone look really greasy and oily. Nothing that a good blot powder can't fix but I don't like having to blot my face. Many girls like the Matte foundations, which is not this product. So if you are looking for a matte foundation look elsewhere. I really like this foundation, it gives my face a glow a natural glow per say. But I definately do recommend this foundation if you're tired of using a foundation that feels like it is drying your skin out *cough cough* MAC
BTW it is Paraben Free! and OIL FREE :D

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like the idea of the brand and how they promote skin care with cosmetics but this foundation is just too greasy feeling. It does oxidize and even with a primer/matte setting powder I felt and looked shiny all day in the middle of chicagos winter. A better alternative would be Kat Von d lock it tattoo foundation bc at least the makeup is matte and lasts and does not feel like sunscreen greasy all day and the pigment coverage is about the same

on 3/18/2014 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been wearing liquid foundation since I was in high school. Frankly full coverage foundation scares me, as I see a lot of cake face. My skin is rather temperamental and I was breaking out pretty bad and needed something with more coverage. Went to Sephora and got matched with N30 which is a tad to dark and while it supposed to be neutral, it does lean a bit orange. I like that this has a natural finish as most medium-full coverage foundations are more matte. This really provides nice smooth even coverage, I usually apply with my fingers, then finish with a beauty blender and set with powder. I would say this is medium-full as as opposed to completely full, it will cover acne/redness but not birthmarks or major pigmentation issues.

on 3/8/2014 1:05:00 PM

I have sampled this a couple of times as well as even tried buying it (only to return it). I really wanted to like it because it is a good company, has good coverage, and is good for the skin. However, I really couldn't like it. I tried it once over the summer, which in WI is quite humid, and thought I just looked greasy, so I returned it. This winter, though, has been so dry that I thought I would try again. The experience was a little better, but not good enough. The foundation goes on like a dream - a little goes a long way, but you need to set with a powder to keep it from transferring. Anything it touches it transfers onto! This is probably related to the way it feels on the skin: a little tacky. It almost feels wet, which is partially why it seems so hydrating, but it is a very different feeling from most long-wear foundations like Estee Lauder or MAC. But, within a couple hours I felt like the foundation oxidized on me and made my forehead look very oily. I have generally dry skin, so to look oily is a strange reaction to a foundation. I also have fair skin with neutral tones, so looking orange-ish also didn't suit me. I think this may work for some, but sadly, for me, it did not.

Pros:
Good company
Good ingredients for the skin
Potentially long-wearing and humidity proof

Cons:
Seems to oxidize
Transfers
Expensive
Can make you look oily

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

At first this foundation was amazing! It made my skin look flawless and it didn't feel like I was wearing makeup at all. I was using this foundation consistently for 2-3 months. It does seem to emphasize dry skin, or any flaky bits, so I would suggest exfoliating before use.

However, I don't wear foundation everyday (especially in the summer) and keep it stored away from light to extend the life of the product. I opened it a few months later and globs of oil came out and the foundation smelled putrid! I don't know if the product was old at Sephora when I originally bought it, there was no expiration date, but I returned it. It's sad because I loved how it looked but at a $40 price tag, I can't justify a product going bad at 7 months. I switched to Nars sheer glow, so far so good!