Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

3.0

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

on 3/8/2014 1:05:00 PM

I have sampled this a couple of times as well as even tried buying it (only to return it). I really wanted to like it because it is a good company, has good coverage, and is good for the skin. However, I really couldn't like it. I tried it once over the summer, which in WI is quite humid, and thought I just looked greasy, so I returned it. This winter, though, has been so dry that I thought I would try again. The experience was a little better, but not good enough. The foundation goes on like a dream - a little goes a long way, but you need to set with a powder to keep it from transferring. Anything it touches it transfers onto! This is probably related to the way it feels on the skin: a little tacky. It almost feels wet, which is partially why it seems so hydrating, but it is a very different feeling from most long-wear foundations like Estee Lauder or MAC. But, within a couple hours I felt like the foundation oxidized on me and made my forehead look very oily. I have generally dry skin, so to look oily is a strange reaction to a foundation. I also have fair skin with neutral tones, so looking orange-ish also didn't suit me. I think this may work for some, but sadly, for me, it did not.

Pros:
Good company
Good ingredients for the skin
Potentially long-wearing and humidity proof

Cons:
Seems to oxidize
Transfers
Expensive
Can make you look oily

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

At first this foundation was amazing! It made my skin look flawless and it didn't feel like I was wearing makeup at all. I was using this foundation consistently for 2-3 months. It does seem to emphasize dry skin, or any flaky bits, so I would suggest exfoliating before use.

However, I don't wear foundation everyday (especially in the summer) and keep it stored away from light to extend the life of the product. I opened it a few months later and globs of oil came out and the foundation smelled putrid! I don't know if the product was old at Sephora when I originally bought it, there was no expiration date, but I returned it. It's sad because I loved how it looked but at a $40 price tag, I can't justify a product going bad at 7 months. I switched to Nars sheer glow, so far so good!

on 4/12/2013 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh. I wrote this long glowing review and then it had to go and dry me up like so many other foundations do (so far only Nars Sheer Glow and Too Faced Amazing Face haven't done this too me). Its a shame because the color G20 was a perfect match, the coverage was ideal as long as I didn't put too much on. It worked well with a primer, and it was thick enough to double as light concealer. Unfortunately by midday I can feel that horrible tightness and see all the flaky skin on my forehead. Nars Sheer Glow, I'm sorry I strayed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I wanted to find something that was medium to full coverage that I could sheer out, depending on what I felt like. I also wanted something that was more of a color match. I had started using Revlon Colorstay again, but they never seem to be golden enough for my skin (I'm half Filipino). I am about an NC30, and G40 was perfect. The finish is nice. I was afraid it would dry me out, but it hasn't (plus I use a heavy moisturizer and soap-free face wash, so...). As others have said, the foundation also functions as a light concealer. You can build coverage, but do so in thin layers to avoid looking cakey. I use very little product for medium coverage. Very pleased. Would purchase again.

Edit 9/9/13 I had to stop using this stuff as it ended up drying me out slowly but surely. Would be better for people with normal-oily skin!

This makeup made my face look awful. It made it look really oily and separated on my face. Looks super cakey and by the end of the day all I wanted to do was run home and wash my face. It made my face break out like crazy. It does match my golden skin tone perfectly which is hard to match, but that's the only good thing. Was not worth the money at all. I recently switched to Estée Lauder double wear foundation and my skin is clearing up. It matches my golden tone perfectly too. And it stays so Matte all day and looks perfect. I love it so much more. I still use the pressed mineral powder by cover fx. It is alright. Again I like the colour as it matches my skin.

on 6/20/2013 5:49:00 PM

My everyday foundation. I don't love it but this doesn't make me breakout... I'm scared to try other foundations. Once I find what works for me I tend to just stick to that.
+Coverage is great. I usually use this when I need a lot of coverage during bad break out. I usually use a tinted moisturizer.
Even though wearing makeup will make your skin worse, this foundation DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT. It allows my skin to clear up while covering blemishes without making it worse.
The only thing I do not like about this foundation is that it feels heavy. I never use this foundation on it's own because it is too thick for me. For a more natural look,mix with moisturizer

It can feel heavy at times (esp when it's hot) but when I have a really good skin day and apply a thin layer (mixed with moisturizer) it's very natural and feels like nothing is on my face.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I do not like this at all. You have to squeeze the tube around before you open it, to mix it, or else a watery substance will come out with the foundation. It feels very greasy going on my skin, even though it says it's oil free? It melts off very easily on my oily skin and just doesn't give me a nice looking finish. For $40 it's not worth it, and I will be going back to my Clarins which I love!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am a nc30 and the g40 is a great match. As soon As i put the foundation on, my pores looked really large. My complexion looked horrible. This is the worst foundation I ever tried!!! It is so sad.