Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

on 12/20/2016 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After so long since i last shopped for foundation I finally got my hands on this! Didnt regret purchasing this one. I must say this beats my MAC prolongwear foundation. The E.L's promoter matched my shade using this particular detector and test it out with another shade to compare, and the shade detected was the one that matches me perfectly!
I applied it using my beauty blender and it's FLAWLESS. Don't really need much touch ups during the day except for my nose and forehead which is something i can't help. But last me throughout the day despite how busy I am with long working hours. Found my new favourite already that suits my skin perfectly. Got to try applying it with a brush someday and see how it looks like! The only thing that i do not like is the packaging; the product is kinda runny so it makes it a little messy when you wanna pour it.
011117 Scrolling through my past reviews and I feel the need to update about this. After some time I do not know why I feel its kinda ashy on me. Maybe i need to check out another shade, other than that it oxides pretty good but seems a little lighter when just applied. Aside from that, this foundation is gonna be great on oily skin. I'm a combination skin and really dehydrated skin, so despite my oily tzone I can see those dry lines. Nothing bad about it but I will use it often if I'm not lazy to skip on my moisturizer and sleeping pack at night! For those with dry skin probably need to mix it with moisturizer or something. And good news, it doesnt transfer on your clothes. Well maybe at least not as bad as my MAC.

on 12/19/2016 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Best foundation I have tried, I have very pale skin and the shade 1N1 matched me really well.I do have ance problems and very oily skin and it does good job for both of them.Medium to full coverage, buildable enough but you have to work quickly in my opinion.It stays flawless for at least 8 hours which is the least time I wear it every day.It works perfectly with the double wear concealer, It doesnt make my big pores stand out neither my pimples.And it has a perfect matte finish without looking dry af.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I LOVE this foundation! This is my absolute go-to foundation when i just neeeed to look good on a day because i know its not gonna let me down.
I have very oily skin and i am somewhere between NC42-44. I mix Bronze and Spiced Sand to get my perfect shade. I know there is an in-betweener shade called Toasty Toffee if i remember correctly but unfortunately i haven't been able to find it anywhereee!

About the foundation, it just makes my skin look a million times better. I find that my face gets less oily when i use this and it gives such a beautiful finish that is not to matte/flat but certainly not dewy. Its hard to explain...it just makes me look flawless.
Everything else i apply with this also seem to stay on longer...blush, shadow, highlighter. Even my mum commented that i looked so fresh, just as i did when i left my home early in the morning, although i live in a super humid, hot, country and had been out basically the whole day! This is not usual for me. When i use MAC studio fix, i just look like a tired oily mess in a few hours. Most foundations tend to slide off and disappear by the end of the day for me.
So i'm very very pleased with this!
For reference, i apply a bit on the back of my hand and buff it in with my RT all purpose brush, color correct and then cover the corrected parts with a bit more foundation and a beauty blender. The result is flawless skin with excellent coverage.
Although this foundation is thick, it doesn't feel so on the skin. With the right technique, it looks gorgeous!
My pet peeve though, is that it doesn't have a pump...i tend to pour out more product than i need because of this. That is really annoying since its not cheap! Come on Estee Lauder...you charge enough for this to afford to provide a freaking pump!

on 12/10/2016 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Have been wearing this for years. I love it, my skin loves it. Doesn't break my acne prune skin out, covers all my blemishes. Definitely my HG foundation. Love the formula. Wish it had a pump. My skin is oily combination this controls it so well, lasts hours without breaking up. The longer i wear it the better it looks. I apply it with a beauty blender. It does transfer a bit which is the only downside for me. Will keep rebuying. Reference I am MAC NC20 and wear Dawn. Hard to take off but i use garnier marcelle cleansing water and it removes it perfectly.

Edit: Estee Lauder came out with a couple new shades including warm vanilla 2.0 which is a better match for my skin. Im in love all over again. There was a price increase from $38 to $39.50.

on 11/27/2016 12:27:00 AM

I think this is a essential staple for the oily skin users out there!

A bit of background info: oily combo skin type, slightly sensitive skin user and blemish / acne prone. I prefer wearing full faced makeup, and i live in humid conditions ranging about 91.3°F on an average day.

I got a sample of this foundation and was matched to shade 3w1 tawny. Pls bear in mind I have never tried the old formula one before hence unable to make the comparison!

Other shade comparisons:
- MAC pro longwear NC35
- Inglot cream foundation shade 24

Pros:
+ medium to full coverage
+ buildable coverage
+ does not look cakey on the skin
+ great for photos, no flashback
+ longevity is quite lasting for my preference
+ shade matches my skin quite well
+ packaging feels luxurious, high end

Cons:
- full sized version does not come with a pump
- price tag

Application wise, I prefer applying the product first using a flat foundation brush and "paint" on my face before blending it out with my beautyblender. I find it that it gives a more airbrushed flawless finish and able to conceal my blemishes as well. Coverage wise is very buildable, but i find that just one layer is good enough for me.

The product does set quite fast so make sure you blend it out fast enough.

I wore this foundation for a dinner and dance event and it makes my skin look SO GOOD in photos. No flashback at all, and it looked just like my skin but even better.

I have oily combo skin, so i realised my t zone started getting slightly shiny after 5-6 hours. In my opinion i think this is a product that requires touch ups, but if you're not particular about that I don't think it'll be a problem for you.

What I'm more impressed about is that the foundation stayed put and did not slide off my skin after taking so many photos and running around the ballroom! I could still see my blush, my contour very well and I thought my skin looked more radiant and glowing instead of looking like an oil slick.

I finished my sample and I think i will purchase the full sized version, even though I'm disappointed that it does not come with a pump because i know it will get very messy during application!

However, based on the formula alone, i would rate it an 8/10 because i'm quite impressed by the results and does lives up to its claims. Minus 2 points for its price tag and my desire to have a pump! I think I will still go out there and make the purchase because i think it will soon be my HG.

Hope this helps some of you out there!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This foundation is pretty great! I have tried a range of different foundations, but no other foundation can beat this one's staying power, coverage and appearance, and it doesn't transfer! I can go more or less the entire day without the foundation changing its appearance (I usually get shiny in the T-zone after some hours with most other foundations) and it doesn't budge at all if I touch my face. It has a full coverage, and it works well even if my skin is a bit dry in some areas – it simply makes my skin looks smooth no matter what. I use it with a Beauty Blender, which gives a more natural look than if I use my fingers. Using a brush also works well. A little product goes a long way.

It can be a bit hard to remove, so it's not an everyday foundation for me. But it's great to have on hand for special occasions, for example if I know I am doing something in the evening, or it is very humid or rainy outside. I always feel safe with this foundation on, and I don't need any touch-ups!

The only possible drawback is that it's a pouring bottle – it doesn't have a pump. But I know that you can buy a pump from a different brand and put it on this bottle.

The bottle is pretty with the gold cap – I always appreciate a sense of luxury when spending a lot of money on a product.

There isn't a perfect color match for my fair (NC15) olive-toned skin, but that is the typical case with foundations from most brands, unfortunately. The color 1W1 Bone is pretty close though.

on 11/10/2016 2:23:00 AM

Prep your skin correctly and use a damp beauty blender and you'll have a natural, long wearing foundation all day! This stuff seriously doesn't budge and I don't even wear primer. Only downfall is the packaging can get a little messy.

on 10/31/2016 11:01:00 AM

I just finished my EL foundation, and I must say that I loved it. It offers good coverage and it transfer resistant (Hooray). I didn't get any breakouts and that's saying something since my skin is highly reactive.

It's runny, watery, but highly pigmented. It dries matte and helps control sebum. Overall, I think this is an amazing product. I do have a couple of dislikes which is its lack of pump, and it costs a pretty penny, that I honestly rather keep than spend on something I rinse off at the end of the day. Don't get me wrong, I think this is one of the best high-end-ish foundations I have tried. I just think that there maybe dupes for this that would have an itsy bit less of the double wear's effectivity, but my pretty pennies can be spent on something less... uh... vain? :P Not that being vain is bad or shizz, I'm pretty vain.

on 10/21/2016 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got it tried it hated it, a year later thought I'd try again, got it tried it hated it. So I gave two bottles away. I still need to use a concealer with this and I see absolutely no point in having SPF 10. Also shows all my pores. Bye

on 10/19/2016 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

One of my favourite full coverage foundations. It lasts throughout the day on oily skin.
The large shade range makes it easy to have a perfect match, which is really key with a full coverage foundation to not look cakey and unnatural.
My only complaint is that the packaging can make it difficult to get all the product out once you get closer to the bottom.