Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

on 8/19/2016 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favourite foundation!! Lasts all day, at first I found it quite drying, but if you use a good moisturizer before you apply it then it looks a lot better! I'm a Mac NW20 and wear Fresco 2C3. I've been wearing it over a year and find it gives the best coverage when I compare it to other foundations, I think it gives better coverage and lasts a lot longer than the MAC foundations I used to be obsessed with. I adore this foundation and it leaves a flawless finish (I also use a beauty blender.) I wasn't keen on the bottle when I first got it, but you can use the Mac foundation pump and cut it a little at the bottom for it to fit in the Estée bottle and it works perfectly! Love, love, love!!!

It's been one of my HG foundations. It's 100% worth the price- it looks amazing on my skin, lasts ALL DAY, even 12-15 hours. I don't use it everyday- it depends from my mood or occasion. I feel more confident when I'm wearing it because I know my skin tone is even and flawless. I wear glasses so most foundations, even set with powder, wear off from my nose. This is the ONLY one that doesn't, and I've tested dozens of foundations- both high-end and drugstore. Usually I'm a fan of drugstore foundations- my affordable HGs are Bourjois Healthy Mix & Revlon Nearly Naked. But nothing cheaper compares to Double Wear.

*side note: I wear the shade 1N1 and while it's too dark for me when I'm at my "palest" I still can make it work (I usually don't apply foundations under my cheekbones, so if the shade is too dark I can blend it well so it looks I have blush/bronzer already on. Hard to explain but I'm so pale that I had to invent my technique that will make too dark "lightest shades" easier to pull off :D. It works!)*

on 8/17/2016 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I don't even know where to start, this product is amazing and deserves all the hype it gets. This seriously became my new HG foundation and I am not even mad that I spent 40 euros on it.
First of all if you have dry skin you surely have to use some moisturizer with this semi-matte product, but if you have combination to oily skin like me you will love love love this product.
I don't use a primer and it doesn't cake, I sometimes apply with my fingers sometimes a sponge, the product is too heavy to be applied with a brush I think I mean I can see the brush strokes whenever I do that.
I am Ivory Beige but I think it is a little dark for me so I will purchase Rattan next time. Also you can mix this product with others to get a more sheer coverage but since it is already full coverage I don't know how can you increase the coverage of this.
Pros:
I have acne prone skin and this doesn't break me out (oil free - noncomedogenic)
I seriously didn't have to use a concealer after this
It is buildable
Little goes a long way so I am hoping it will last long
Never ever ever transfers (especially surprised after my experience with Nyx very much transfers everywhere foundation)
I have dark circles under my eyes too but this magical stuff covers it all to
Sits all day, and is waterproof in my experience
No powder needed to stay matte and flawless all day long
Seriously sticks to your skin and I can't feel like I have makeup on all day so it is lightweight
Airbrushed selfies. (completes my life)
Cons:
No pump
Hard to get off you need to scrub scrub scrub ( I use my Makeup Eraser and than a waterproof makeup remover)
Sets very quickly (not as quick as revlon colorstay though)

Anyways a big thanks to everyone who made this foundation possible, I will definitely recommend. My friend with severe acne bought it when I told her about it and she says she is seriously in love with this. And ofc I will repurchase.

on 8/11/2016 5:57:00 PM

For my acne prone combination skin, I find this foundation to be just... ok.

It's the ultimate cakey foundation of all times, no matter how little I put or what primer I use.
My skin still becomes oily after about 3-4 hours. It doesn't break me out and I don't have any dry spots on my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

After my not so good experience with Dior Nude I decided to buy double wear the second time,the first time I bought it in Desert beige and it was pale for me so this time I bought it in Rattan and Woooooow this is supeeeeerp,Im in love with this foundation,great staying power,sweat resistant and look natural
you have to be carefull about choosing the right shade ,Im NC25 and Rattan is great for me

on 7/28/2016 4:42:00 PM

Hi guys!

I used to wear this foundation all of the time. It was my fave foundation as it was full coverage and oil free. I have some acne scarring and therefore I am always on the look out for full coverage foundation...one that doesn't look cakey. I did like this until the colour no longer matched. My shade is Tawny but I now feel it does not look the same. I have been back to several Estee Lauder counters to be matched and I end up with the same shade...how annoying! When applied it now looks very ashy. I have yellow undertones so need foundation that is warm. When photographed, my face looks like a ghost!

It DID cover my scars, it DID keep my oily skin at bay. The best part was that it ACTUALLY DID last me all day at work (7.30am-6pm). I never blotted my face or used powder to set as I felt that it didn't need setting. It is a very good foundation for summer climates too. So if you're off on your jollies, I would recommend! You could be sweating away but your foundation will not budge....amazing right?!!

So....the verdict. I would recommend this foundation if you can get a colour match. It is fast drying, full coverage and oil free. I just wish this product came in more shades hence I gave it a 4* rating.....#girls with yellow undertone problems!

on 7/27/2016 12:21:00 AM

No matter how I tried I just couldn't make this foundation work for me. I tried it with different moisturizers, primers and it always ended up the same - within an hour it was cracked and horrible-looking. It seemed to settle into every pore and line on my face. Maybe it's my skin, I have combination skin with very dry cheeks in winter but even when my skin was well prepped and the foundation looked great on application it would without fail look terrible within an hour.

on 7/26/2016 3:34:00 PM

I am pale with redness and combination/dry skin. I bought the color Nude N1N.

Pros:
1. the color is one of the best foundation matches I have ever had. It has a peach base which helps to cover my redness but it doesn't make me look jaundiced like some yellow based foundations can.
2. Blends easily with a damp beauty blender. I use a damp beauty blender to apply all liquid foundations. I prefer it to a brush.
3. The finish is a soft matte. It's not mask like and it dries down to a powder consistency. You wouldn't need a powder with this unless you have oily skin.
4. The price is good. Most higher end foundations will run you $45-60. This one is good at $38. Typically foundation will last me 3-4 months.

Cons:
1. I work 12 hour shifts and this tends to separate around my mouth and chin area. I have been focusing on my skin care routine to help correct this problem and while that has helped, the foundation can become cakey in spots if I apply too much. I have to use a tiny amount above my lip and blend it out to almost nothing if I want to avoid dragon skin there.
2. I hate glass bottles for foundation. It's always a pain in the ass to get all the product out. The bottle itself is just glass with a screw top lid. You have to pour the product out. This always produces an over pour and I end up with more product than what I need. It seems wasteful.

I would repurchase just because the color is spot on for my skin tone. I've been testing out other foundations just because I want less coverage. This is a medium to full coverage. If you want something more natural looking then this might not be your best bet.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I can say it's my holy grail foundation. The shade I'm wearing is 3W1 Tawny.
Estee Lauder Double Wear has been around for some time and has gained a lot of followers. I remember my mom recommended this one to me because she likes it, and she thinks it would also suit my skin - albeit it being sensitive. I first tried this one for my high school graduation in 2010, never looked for another since (well, I did try some other foundations, but others were no match).
The coverage is medium, I'd say it's quite buildable to help achieve better coverage. The good thing about this foundation is that you don't need much to cover - so 1 bottle goes a long way! It stayed on for about 10 hours (I never wear foundation for longer than 12hrs, I guess) and it stood out against the tests of rain and sweat. It's better to wear a primer before putting on this foundation, it does help with the staying power. With this foundation, I don't feel like I need to conceal much afterwards.
The main downside is, personally, the price. It's quite beyond student's budget!

on 7/16/2016 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought their concealer and I was given this in a small package as a freebie which lasted me a loonng time surprisingly. I love it. I'm too lazy to wash brushes and sponges so I use my fingers to blend this onto my skin and it looks super lightweight and natural and it blends nicely. I have asked my friend and she didn't even notice that I was wearing foundation. I suppose using a beauty blender or something would make this look even more flawless. The coverage is light to medium coverage with my fingers and it helps even out my horrible undereye circles a little and blurs out my blemishes. I would say the lasting power is quite good. I live in a hot, humid climate where I sweat a lot, plus I am very oily so I am quite impressed with this.

I will purchase.