NYX Professional Makeup HD Studio Finishing Powder

3.7

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm super pale so the translucent shade doesn't give me a white cast, my skin is already like that...but this packaging was a complete nightmare for me. I would consider myself a relatively competent person but at the first unscrew after removing the sticker over the holes it exploded all over me, my bathroom counter, and my clothing. It's extremely fine and I was coughing up a lung over it. It got into the corkscrew of the lid as well so I couldn't tighten it all the way back down, each time I washed and dried the lid and sides off (pain in the butt, by the way) it would somehow creep back so powder would leak out onto my counter and makeup bag anyway. I taped over a bunch of the holes but it still POURS out. I'm not using that term lightly. I would repurchase only to leave the sticker over the holes from the beginning and maybe cut the sticker over one or two holes. And if that didn't work, I would probably smash something because this powder has inconvenienced me one too many times.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is in fact a wonderful product. I have extremely oily skin and enlarged pores and this powder works great after I use my Ester Lauder foundation. After I set my foundation with this powder I apply my translucent setting powder and that helps to erase the white cast. It absorbs excess oil for long periods and gives a soft finish Will definitely repurchase!

I wanted to find a good setting powder and thought this one would be good. I wanted to use it mainly for extra oil control, but I think it just clogged my pores/caused a bit of acne. So I ended up using it on my hair... Yes my hair. If my roots were oily I'd use this stuff like a dry shampoo and it worked really well! So the product didn't go to waste, but I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Absolutely terrible. *Just turn the flash on the camera and you'll see why*

Even putting this on I have to hold my breath because it's SO lightweight it goes everywhere, so keep your mouth closed. I tried this instead of my Sacha buttercup but never again. I'm trying Laura Mercier next time. Take a picture with the flash on and there's white spots everywhere, even after I brushed a little harder to get them off (which takes away from the makeup), it's still there. Absolutely would not recommend for anyone, but especially us mocha girls.

I used to use the e.l.f setting spray by itself but I found that I needed something more to keep my makeup in place. I bought this because it got good reviews and the price wasn't too bad. My makeup didn't budge at all throughout the day. the only con is since its a white 'translucent' powder, it made my contour look less intense than it really was; in other words it made my skin look paler

on 12/10/2015 5:56:00 PM

I picked this product up because of the price, looking for something new to set my makeup. This product makes your face white and powdery with the flash on. Not a good look :/.

on 11/16/2015 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I personally really enjoy this product. I use it to set my foundation. Previously, I was using Rimmel London's Stay Matte powder, but I prefer NYX because it doesn't make me look as cakey. I like that it sets your makeup and provides somewhat of a matte finish, and that it is not as heavy as other powders (which make me cakey). I have oily, acne prone skin and I think this works fabulous with all types of foundation!

on 11/11/2015 7:15:00 AM

IF U TAKE PICTURES WITH FLASH UR SKIN WILL LOOK WHITE

I have a love/hate relationship with this stuff. If you use it like a regular finishing powder, you’ll be sadly disappointed. It sets your makeup but it makes your face incredibly dry and matte looking. Not that velvet-smooth matte, but that “I smoke/drink to excess” look of dryness. However, used sparingly and in different spots, not all over, it is brilliant! I use it after doing my brows to set them—just use a small fluffy brush dipped and tapped, and gently swipe through brows. Sets them to last all day and softens harsh edges if you haven’t fully blended your brow pencil down. I also like it as a finishing touch around the inner corners of my eyes. I use a highlighter after undereye concealer, and after finishing all my makeup, I just use that same small fluffy brush to dab a bit of powder over the inner corners where I’ve highlighted. It makes the highlight last longer and also tones it down just a touch so you look like you’re bright and well-rested, not like you’ve spackled on highlighter in hopes of faking awakeness. I also dip/tap a blush brush in it and then swirl into my powder blush…it makes the blush go on smoother and last longer. Just remember to use another brush to blend the blush so it doesn’t look obvious and so the HD powder settles into your skin. Overall it’s a great product if you use it sparingly. This sifter jar will last me forever at this rate, so it’s a super good deal

UNREAL. I applied my foundation this morning at 6:30 AM. It is now 12:30 PM and it looks fantastic. No sinking into pores. No shine. No sliding all over the face. And what's even more incredible - the powder hasn't dried me out either.
I applied my foundation (actually, a BB cream) with a damp beauty blender and then dusted the smallest TINIEST amount of the NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder all over my face. Then (all powders:) contour, highlighter and blush. It all sits there, like I just applied it. This is insane.
Now let's see if it irritates me or breaks me out. I'll keep you updated.