Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

3.8

Active: Octinoxate 3; Titanium Dioxide 4.7. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

on 7/7/2014 6:29:00 PM

Personally, I hate foundation. I just prefer BB Creams. I think I found my favorite!
I have combination / acne prone skin. This stuff makes my skin glow and feel healthier and best part is it covers my acne / acne marks fairly well! I'm so thrilled with this product.

on 7/1/2014 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have a lot of pigmentations on my skin from acne. I was looking for a concealer but I didn't just want to cover them up. I wanted to try a bb cream as it helps with marks and large pores. I got the shade medium/deep since the light/medium would be too light. The product is very watery and will leak. I applied it on and I notice that it was a little too dark and a bit reddish orange. This will work if you are very tanned otherwise you will look like an oompa loompa.
It does not mattify at all it feels slightly sticky on the skin. It doesn't minimizes pores only covers them? However it has great coverage for a bb cream and I find that the best way to apply is using a egg sponge.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this product from Walmart for $9.98 so pricing is decent. The packaging, being that it is a runny product, could be a mess if you were to store it the way it stands. However, that problem is solved if you just stored it upside down. Color wise, I'm NC25 by MAC during the wintertime with a true yellow undertone, this in Light-Medium would probably be too dark and pink toned for me during the winter. Since it's now pretty much summer here in LA, the color actually matches my current tan so I didn't have much of an issue there. I can get up to NC30-35 during the summer. Application was easy due to the blend ability( I applied it to one half of my face, blended it out with my RT expert face brush, before finishing the other half) and dry time wasn't bad. Nothing like Revlon liquid colorstay. The coverage was light to medium and surprisingly blurred all my discoloration and redness giving me an even tone all over. On top of that, it dried to a matte finish which is my favorite finish since I'm oily. However even though it was nice overall, I was a complete oily mess within 2 hours. Keep in mind, I do prep my foundations with light moisturizer and primer and top everything off with powder. I don't know why it didn't help with oil control even though it's marketed to do so. I also think it caused me a break out after just one use. That's a huge negative for me. I do have acne prone skin so maybe this bb cream clogged my pores somehow due to the chemical levels. Overall, I had to return it even though I was hoping it would be a summer staple. Currently my HG everyday foundation is Revlon Colorstay liquid Combo/Oily. It gives me a great full matte coverage that is easily buildable without looking cakey. My oily skin stays fully matte up to 5 hours and then starts to look more "natural" after my oils break through. Still nice looking IMHO. Lastly, it doesn't break me out at all whereas this bb cream did. So even though the initial application was nice, I would have still kept it had it not been for the pore clogging issues it gave me.

on 6/2/2014 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Love! Love! Love! Love this product! Mattifies and blends to a natural finish even with my nc 55 skin (I use Deep). Holy grail everyday beauty product for sure

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

my holy grail!
What I love about this product the most is probably its coverage and its consistency. I personally find its low-viscosity to be appropriate for a bb cream; the thinness of it makes my skin feel airy and unconstrained. Depending on how much you apply, you can get light coverage or approach full coverage I find-- but that wouldn't be the case if you have bad acne or serious redness. After all, it is a bb cream. For me personally, this is fantastic coverage. I don't even wear concealer because this stuff does the trick. I only have some slight hyper pigmentation on my cheeks (which I am treating effectively-- I got it as a result of a break out from using an oil based product-- pimples suck) and a few very tiny pimples on my forehead. I don't really have a lot of pimples or serious scarring so for me this product is suiting. I use it every day, and it does NOT break me out.

HOWEVER, it's not perrrrfect.
I purchased the specific version of this product labeled shine control because my skin has a tendency to get oily just about everywhere. I don't think it does much to control shine, and the SPF is negligible. Anything under SPF 30 is useless so the labeled "sun protection" is a gimmick. This stuff is probably awesome if you have normal skin. Also: the packaging can be a little annoying if you aren't careful, since it is runny. Don't leave it laying on its side while unsecured, it WILL spill and you will lose product. Overall i think I'd prefer this packaging over a pump because I find that a lot of product goes unused with a pump.

Otherwise, if you set this with a powder (I use E.L.F's tone correcting powder) after letting it finish, it's swell. The finish is pretty matte, but since I'm oily, I get more of a dewey finish within a few hours, which I don't mind. Lately it's been blazing hot out so this product has been doing nothing to stop the oil. But I personally don't think products can do much to stop the natural chemistry of our bodies to react to the environment. The coverage lasts over 6 hours I'd say, but I'd definitely recommend touching it up with some oil blotting sheets if you're oily like me. and for only 11 dollars, you can bet i'm buying it again.

I really, REALLY wanted to love this product.

The bb cream has a suncreen smell and is super liquidy! But for a bb cream, it has very good coverage and powdery feel to it after application. I have red pigmentation from left over acne scars and very dark circles, this bb cream was able to cover the red pigmentation and even soften the darkness under my eyes! (Which is very difficult considering my dark circles are pretty bad). It also stayed put for longer than I thought (5 hours in, my makeup looked pretty good without a touch up, give or take a few more hours, my T zone was a little shiny but thats expected). The bb cream was also light enough to not clog my pores and my acne did not break from wearing it.

BUT! The reason I took off two lippies was that the color choices are not flexible (3 in total). The "Light to Medium" was too light for me and "Medium to Deep" was too dark and left me looking orange! Neither skin tones looked good with my Asian yellow/tan skin, it even gives me a pink undertone. I wish the company gave more options because I really like this product. Unfortunately, I felt it was a waste of $14 (Bought it from Ulta) since it didn't match me so I returned it.

on 5/27/2014 10:30:00 AM

HG bb cream! This stuff: controls oil and shine, gives light to medium coverage (can build on it), can also use as a concealer, looks natural and has improved my skin. When you do buy the shade for your skin tone it might come off too light but don't worry after a bit it does get darker and fits to your skin perfectly (at first I thought it was go orange but nope :D) I hate how runny the formula is but hey if it was a thick cream it would be as if I was putting on foundation and I waned to aviod that. I use this honestly all year long because I honestly love it lol. Summer I do set it with powder just for that extra coverage from oily skin. Winter I will mix this with my foundation 50/50 or 40/60 (depending on how good my skin is) If I am having a breakout I will mix with my foundation as I stated above but usually I just apply another layer of this and I'm fine. I recommended this 100% to people scared to try american bb creams. I think garnier did a good job with this, it hasn't broken me out. I apply this with either my fingers or beauty blender, I like the beauty blender for a more natural look and my fingers for more coverage (do a patting motion)

on 5/22/2014 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my very first BB cream. I tended to stay clear of them because of their sheer coverage. I need more of a medium to full coverage, and most BB creams just weren't that. When I heard about this, and looked up the reviews saying it was more coverage than most BB creams I jumped at the opportunity to give it a try.

It does have great coverage, but! I do have to mix a little foundation with it to get the desired coverage I prefer. That being said, I can wear it alone - and it does blur many of my imperfections and makes my skin look great. Blemishes still show through.

The consistency is like coloured water. Literally. It runs out of the tube, and will run right off your hand if you even tilt it slightly. So be careful. But it blends quite well. I often use my hands to apply, and finish off with a damp beauty blender. The light matches me, but it is a tad too dark. More colour selection is definitely needed.

As for keeping me shine free ... umm no! I even set it with a matte powder, and I get shiny after a few hours. Which I can live with I guess. Oily skin gals really look for that miracle product that will suddenly make their skin shine free, just not going to happen. Well, not for me anyways. No big deal, nothing an oil blotting paper can't fix.

The packaging totally sucks. It needs a pump! The packing would do, if the stuff wasn't so watery.

I have mixed feelings about this BB cream. Although, I am leaning more towards loving it than disliking it.

pro's:
- coverage is medium/full coverage which is nice. A lot of BB creams are sheer therefore I would tend to add more to cover spots but then I would get oily.
- I am in the color Light/Medium and it fits my skin tone well. It's the tiniest tidbit too dark but we are entering summer and I'll hopefully be more tan to fit this shade perfectly.

con's:
- packaging is HORRIBLE. the product is literally spilling out once you open it.
- the smell is not appealing, its safe to assume the stench is from all the chemicals within the ingredients.
- the product is labeled for combination/oily skin. I don't use a primer, however I have been using Urban Decay's de-slick setting spray before and after application, and I am still oily by 12 noon.

neutral:
- consistency is VERY runny, like water. side note: shake well upside down before use to make sure all the chemicals are mixed well.
- price is approx. $15 CAD. I wont say I'm jumping for joy to pay $15 for a drugstore product, however, it's a good drugstore BB cream with great coverage. The tube is fairly large.

on 5/19/2014 5:33:00 PM

Love this product alone/with foundation I actually like the smell. I have very dry skin in some areas of my face and this helps it for when I am Going to put makeup on top.