Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.2

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I like this bb cream. It evens out my skin tone and I can wear with a little powder over top for a natural look. It does need some good blending but once it blends out it looks good. I have normal/dry skin and apply over moisturizer.

on 3/16/2014 2:58:00 PM

Good coverage & easy to blend. I just wish they had more shade choices.I chose light & it's still a little dark on my NW20 skin. I will repurchase though.

on 3/4/2014 8:28:00 PM

This is one of my favorite everyday products. I had used a Maybelline one before, which was ok, but definitely had less coverage and was thinner. The Rimmel one is the least expensive ones around, and has a thicker consistency, which is really useful in covering up zits. This thickness allows it to smooth out my complexion in a way most BB creams (and even foundation) can't. I would even say it covers blemishes as well as some high-end makeup. However, it is not so thick that it cakes up on your face The fact that it has SPF 25 helps. Long story short, I'm really happy I bought this!

This bb cream works very well on my skin. Very good coverage. Applies very well. Leaves my skin bright and radiant. I bought the medium tone. First bb cream I purchase and I love it so far!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a fail product for me, though it has it's positives. The positives is that it has pretty good coverage for a drugstore bb cream, it covers almost everything. It's also pretty cheap which never hurts. The reason I dislike it is because it is SO thick. Disgustingly thick. It feels tacky on my skin, doesn't sit on my face well and feels like it never dries. Blech. This product just doesn't feel good and looks horrific up close.

You pick up this BB cream. doubts fill your mind. Voices in your head whisper feverishly "No! Stop! Don't put cheap makeup on your face, especially makeup that claims to do 9 things! You're making a grave mistake!" You ignore this voice, and you pick up this BB cream. The plasticky packaging feels good in your hands. It's nice, thick, safe. You feel a little better. The price on the product lets you justify in your head why you're buying your 33rd face makeup product this year. You take it home. You open the tube. It smells a little weird, chemically yet perfumy. You ignore it. You first put on a moisturizer before applying this product, especially if you have dry skin, since you can tell from the first squeeze that the consistency of this product is quite thick. You spread it over your skin. It feels thick like a sunscreen, but gives the perfect amount of coverage your already blemish-free face needs without looking cakey or fake. Your face still looks natural, but perfected, and now coated with a protective layer of SPF. You are pleased. This product gives you light, build able coverage in a thick, nice consistency. The color of this product is not orange, not too drying if you apply a good moisturizer, and makes your skin feel soft and smooth. A victory over the stereotypes in the makeup world has been made: cheap face makeup CAN be wonderful!

Okay this is my go to bb cream! I really don;t believe that the 9 benefits are really their, most double up and some of the 'benefits/results' are quite subtle. I also have problems with the name, I wouldn't call it skin perfecting super makeup, i'd call it skin ENHANCING, because it doesn't perfect though it does really enhance the skin.
The packaging is pretty good for a $12 (aus) product, the twist on cap isn't messy as the formula is thick enough, i don't really like the tan colour of the package however it is a cheap product with effective and simple packaging.
I got the BB cream in light and it is an extremely pink hue that goes on quite dark and can even match up with my fake tan that I only use a small amount of, so if you are someone who is a dark pale i would opt for the light colour as medium may be too dark.
Now I'll go over the products 9 skin perfecting benefits:

primes-> I don't use this under foundation though it does even out my skin tone and if you wait a while for it to absorb it will leave your skin quite flawless and ready for foundation

Moisturises-> I don't think this would be particularly moisturising for people with dry skin though i have quite oily skin and it just leaves my skin feeling nice, so it is quite a simple moisturiser, those with dry skin may need something extra

Minimises pores-> Yes this makes my pores small and covers blackheads

Conceals-> Yes!!! This conceals so much better than many bb creams but it still has that light feeling. Small pimples are completely gone and redness is reduced drastically on my big gross pimples. Under the eyes it doesn't work as well though it is much better than many others, it brightens and helps take the horrid edge off my terrible under eye area.

Covers-> This is the same as covers so i don't like how this is claimed as a 'benefit', though this does cover skin quite well and evens out un-even tones

Smoothes-> As I said in covers it evens the tones, and it also gives skin a radiant and brightened look

Mattifies-> hmm not much, i will say it does not leave me oily which is better than many others

Brightens-> I think I've talked about it's brightening effects quite a lot but it does make your face appear radiant

Protects-> Yesss! SPF 25 is great for any makeup and i enjoy that it has so much spf without feeling oily or greasy, You only actually need a little bit of this to cover your entire your face, though this is not enough product to actually protect you safely, so i would recommend doubling this with a sunscreen if you are using it for sun protection. Though for incidental sun exposure this is quite nice

how i apply: finger s are probably the best, it warms up the product and allows you to rub it in well so it can adjust to the colour, i also sometimes use a sponge though sometimes the product just sort of falls apart on the sponge and it looks all clumpy on my face
Also it must be noted that the formula is quite thick and you do have to rub it a bit but i reallyyyy do enjoy it and it is my go to everyday face product
It lasts for about 6 hours after being set with powder on my extremely oily face.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well if you've been reading all the other comments you can see most people dislike it.it is not my favorite bb cream either.it doesn't do anything to it,sits on top of my face,and streaks with the swipe of a hand rather pay about $2 more for the maybelline bb cream that works for me not recommending!👎

The consistency reminded me of the coverall cream foundation by wet n wild except this bb cream was difficult to blend. It left so many streaks with my brush, and my hands didn't help either. It just looked horrible around my pores especially and it clinged to my dry patches

on 12/11/2013 7:42:00 PM

I have oily skin and this BB cream did not work well for me. It leaves streaks when I put it on and it just sits on top of my skin. I use it with the Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder and it's still sticky and wipes off with a finger tip. After an hour of applying it, I so desperately wanted to wash it off of my face. As for the "skin perfecting" factor, it didn't do anything for my skin. I would not buy this product again.