Lancôme La Vie Est Belle

Lancôme La Vie Est Belle

3.6

on 4/27/2016 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Little background behind me and this fragrance - around Christmas time 2 years ago me and my friend were shopping when we came across this perfume, we both absolutely loved it at first sniff. Every time we went into boots or other stores, we'd drench ourselves in this. We never bought it because we were about 16 and didn't want to rob ourselves of the very little money we did have. All of a sudden, a year later I smelt this scent everywhere I went - e v e r y w h e r e!!! I even ended up sitting next to a lady at the theatre who was wearing this. One thing I noticed when smelling it on other people is that the scent lingers in a bad way, like a stale way. When someone wearing this walks past me, I strongly dislike the smell. But when I'm wearing it, I love it. Take what you will from this haha - I still have a bottle purely because it reminds me of shopping at Christmas with my best friend but if it wasn't for the comforting memory attached to this fragrance, I wouldn't particularity like the smell.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have well over two hundred fragrances in my collection and have used up or given away or sold off probably twice as many as that over the years. They range from the corniest celebrity frags to Jicky and Bond No.9's. I am NOT in the 'you should only wear perfume that is appropriate for your age' camp.
What does that mean??? It's scent, not short shorts. Do you tell children they have to stick to sugary food and leave the asparagus for when they're older? Do you take ice cream away from old ladies because 'everyone' knows that stuff's for kids? My God.
Now, I DO get that there might be times and places where a fragrance might not be welcome...hospitals, close offices, etc. I try not to wear any if I know I'm gonna see my mom 'cause she gets migraines. And so on. But being too old to wear a gourmand? No.
This scent is sweet, and on me it is mostly all sweet; the jasmine and iris never really show themselves...the closest to not-sweet is that I get a little patch-tobacco (tobacco in a good way).
It is not a bold, groundbreaking scent; it's office appropriate. Nothing wrong with that.
What I use this for is to layer with Shalimar when I want to wear Shalimar in places similar to what I described above. Shalimar is 'too much' sometimes for noses used to Marc Jacobs Daisy or Pink Sugar 24/7. (I have both those too, I'm just saying).
One spray of La Vie est Belle over one spray of Shalimar and people are stalking me through Ulta/Barnes & Noble/Nordstroms to finally ask what I have on when they can't figure it out. They actually complement each other wonderfully.
For this reason I would buy it again, because I love Shalimar and love people to start entertaining the idea that they could wear it. ( they'll graduate to loving it on its own if they give it that first chance). Try it.
If you like Jimmy Choo/Coco Mademoiselle/Flowerbomb you'd like this. If you DONT like those because they're a hair too sweet but you do like sweet, try this. It's very nice.

on 3/25/2016 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

My very first bottle is almost empty, but it has been with me for about 10 months and I still have some to go. Very powerful and elegant fragrance that has made some fall head over hills for me. and Yes Life is beautiful every day but especially when I'm wearing this perfume. No one knew it was a woman fragrance until I told them. But everyone men and women have complimented me on it. I will make sure I always have a bottle of it with me

In my opinion BEAUTIFUL and FRESH definitely DON'T fit the bill here!!!!! Think CHEAP and SICKLY and you are on the right track!! Not sophisticated at all! Lasts all day in a baaaaaaaaddddd way! No thank you!!!

A bit strong & too flowery and gives me a headache can't Wash it off soon enough..

on 2/28/2016 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Beautiful, fresh, sweet, floral gourmand fragrance. It reminds me of a Chanel type fragrance like coco mademoiselle, its the patchouli note that makes it similar. Everything is else is not the same with those two, because this is very sweet smelling almost sugary. If you detest sweet smells, this isn't for you, it is borderline to overly sweet if you spray too much but it is very nice and light, floral and feminine smelling. Very gourmand, I like it. I have a huge bottle that was gifted to me for xmas from the boyfriend. I highly doubt I will finish it up this year or even years to come. I only need one spray to really get the effect, and I like to wear this if I am going to make an entrance or I'm going out. I don't wear this during the day because it's too sweet for me ( I can't wear sweet smells in the morning, weird I know) but it's lovely for an evening out with the boyfriend or a girls night or something.

I got a perfume sample of 10 perfumes from Shoppers Drug Mart and this was my favourite. I turned in the coupon for the full size.

I actually had 3 favourites, including YSL Black Opium and Hugo Woman but this one narrowly beat them because it's moving into spring and Black Opium is a cozier scent for fall/winter and Hugo Woman is too androgynous for date nights. La vie est belle is more all purpose. Not too sexy to wear to the office, but not too cool or masculine to wear on a date.

I really, really love this scent. I could not stop wearing it. It's sweet, floral, feminine and warm. It's quite comforting and cozy but still fresh enough to wear for spring.

Wears really nicely on my skin as well, which is a bonus since some perfumes can get quite sour on me. (Fruity perfumes, I'm looking at you!)

Also comes in an adorable package with a lovely pink-peach colour and a little bow.

on 2/8/2016 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Feminine, floral, sensual, lovely. This has become my signature scent, and I get complimented about it practically on a weekly basis. It's a strong scent, but not heavy, which makes it a good day-wear perfume.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a strong, warm fragrance with a cheap, Avon type of chemically scent. This is supposed to be a blend of iris and patchouli with a sweet gourmand base note. I adore the scent of real essential oil of patchouli and that scent is not in this fragrance. I find this to be a heavy, cloying fragrance experience. My DH also does not like this.

on 12/30/2015 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this as a gift. As a 16 years old student i can not buy this stuff its so expensive, well most of perfumes are.
Still, I LOVE THIIIS !!!!
It has a sweet yet sexy smell. I couldnt stop smelling my wrist when i first got it.
I like the packaging, simple yet ellegant. Honestly i prefer more unique designs.
I notice that many people love it. I could smell it almsot everywhere i go.
So, still looking for my signature scent :/

Popular Fragrances