MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 7/28/2014 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

If Mac ever discontinues this product, I don't know what I would do with myself. This is the only thing I could use on my skin.

on 7/22/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

overall:
nice bb cream, it has a nice coverage for a bb cream and it applies very smooth and easily. If you have dry patches it doesn't cling to them much but you can see them. If you have oily skin it won't keep you matt firstly because it has a dewy finish (wich isn't bad if it doesn't get shiny) and after a while you can get a little bit shiny but not much, i just blotted and everything was ok. It lasts quite long.

skin type:
If you have normal skin (not dry and not oily) this bb cream is perfect for you! i've got combination to oily skin and it works well for me as well. i wouldn't recommend it for dry skin. before the application you have to exfoliate well (only if your skin needs it) if you don't it doesn't apply nicely and it slightly emphasizes dead skin cells.

ingredients:
It has really great ingredients! 28 recommendable ingredients and only 1 not recommended ingredient (silica, but its only bad if you breath this in).

on the market:
it is pricey but i think its worth it if you're searching for a good bb cream with nice coverage. its available in a lot of shades.

on 5/23/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I loved this product at first. It's perfect for every day. Just enough natural coverage that helps cover imperfections, but still look natural and not too "made up." I loved the way my skin looked wearing this...until the breakouts happened. It is the only thing that changed in my routine, and after each use, the my skin would get worse and worse. I would not wear it for a few days, and my skin would start to improve. Next time I used the BB cream, bang, I was broken out all over again. Bad, painful pimples. I am so disappointed, I really thought this was going to work out great for me. I certainly would not repurchase.

This was the first BB cream and MAC product I ever used, and I was thoroughly disappointed. I have very sensitive/acne prone skin and wanted to try a lightweight/non pore clogging/ light coverage product that I can wear on a daily basis without having to take too much time to apply (at work all day) and without a full on foundation look.

Dispite my acne-prone skin I have NEVER had an issue with makeup settling in my pores- in fact I didn't even really know what that issue was until this product. Whether applied with a sponge, brush or my fingers, product applied so patchy, did not blend, and built up in pores. I used primer before, primer+moisturizer, and nothing really helped, and added to my overall routine which I was looking to simplify with a BB cream. So much- that I ended up just washing it off and using my normal products. The best way I found was with my fingers.

After using a few times, where I was usually disappointed with how it looked on my face, I would cover with some sort of powder to look normal, I broke out. Now I have extremely sensitive skin, so not saying this will happen to everyone - but to people with acne-prone skin- just try another product.

Did nothing to perfect skin, did not help with oil control.

on 6/6/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

6 Jun, 25 Celsius, sun, summer-like hot: I am writing a review after wearing this BB cream for 11 hr. I have to say I am utterly pleased with the performance of this cream. I primed my skin with Afrodita skin care line for oily skin (cream and serum). Upon the initial application of the BB Cream my minor imperfections were covered, skin's surface looked smoother and the present redness was less prominent. My skin looked natural, healthy and as I always wanted it to look: pretty. I so wish a day could come when I will not have to bother myself with foundations/BB creams/tinted moisturizers. I haven't set the cream with a powder, touched up during the day nor have I blotted my skin. As the day passed the cream started to fade, but nevertheless it looked still nice. Now, 11 hr after, there is no BB cream left on my nose and there is some redness present around my nose on the cheek area. The BB cream stayed put on my forehead, cheeks and chin. The overall look of my face, after those 11 hours, is still nice - like I am having a good skin day.

I would recommend this BB cream to any skin type. I got only one pimple (could be due the hot weather and sebum since I haven't cleaned my face for half a day) and haven't got any cystic acne or allergic reaction. This BB cream performed well and lived up to my expectations. Though it is pricey I think I may repurchase it when I run out of it - if I manage to find a MAC store. This BB cream offers very light to light coverage. A good budget dupe is Bourjois BB cream which offers slightly more coverage.

The color is neutral and for the first time it matches my natural skintone so good that it is unbelievable. I have a slightly yellow undertone and pink/peach/beige looks horrible on me.

My color matches: Bourjois 123 51/31, Bobbi Brown 02 Sand, MAC PLW NC20. I bought Light Plus.

Not bad! I use this product in extra light and it is nearly perfect for my skin. Blends well with a light amount of moisture. I do layer a moisturizer underneath this product for my normal to dry skin type. If this product was slightly more liquidy and had less yellow tones and more pink tones to it I would be hopelessly in love with it. Would I buy it again? Likely, its the nicest I've found for my skin so far, although I've found something else I plan to try once this bottle is empty. My twin sister uses a product made by Tarte called Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer with a 20 SPF in Fair Agent 00 for porcelain/fair skin with pink undertones. I used some when I stayed at her house and I was impressed by its tone, moisture deposit and liquidness!!

on 5/2/2014 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have very oily skin with hyperpigmentation from acne. I wanted something light because summer is approaching and no one wants a face full of heavy makeup on a hot summers day.

Packaging: This product comes in a sleek black glittery squeeze tube with a rubber twist off cap. The packaging is simple and easy to use. It is 1.3 Oz or 40 mL.

Price: 30 USD which is a lot but a little goes a long way.

Coverage: For a BB cream this gives great coverage. 1layer makes my acne scars less noticable.You can get medium with 2 layers.I usually use concealer on my scars and then I apply it with my elf small stipple brush for a light weight feel with good coverage.

Update May 12 2014. I ended up returning this because After wearing it for about two weeks I noticed that it made my face look greyish. I really did enjoy it but its too expensive of a product to keep since the undertone is so wrong for me. The next and last shade dark is way to dark for me.

Shades: The shades for dark skin is very limited. I got the shade dark and im an NC44/45. and the undertone still isnt perfect. The shade deep dark is the next shade down and its the darkest shade they have. It's realy not dark at all. More like an NC50. The shade range is why I dont thing this deserves 5 stars.

NOTE: I wouldnt recommend this to anyone with dry skin or a lot of fine lines as it settles like a biatch.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a sample of this a few months ago and it has lasted forever! I think I'm ready to purchase the full size after being consistently impressed with this product. Pros: SPF is fairly high, the color matches my skin after the original "zombie" look of BB creams, and the packaging is great. Cons: you have to really exfoliate your skin well to make this BB work. It looks patchy and uneven if you don't. Also, you will have a whitish "zombie" look initially, but for whatever reason, the product darkens after about 10 minutes to a nice, flat finish.

EDIT: After using this a week, I found that it really dried my skin. There were patchy areas on my cheeks and I could never get it fully blended into my skin, despite the fact that I exfoliated first. I returned this BB cream.

on 5/20/2014 7:03:00 PM

I think this is a really nice BB cream. It gives pretty good coverage and looks natural. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy, either. Lasts a while, too. I think it has buildable coverage so you can really conceal trouble spots while leaving other spots with a thinner layer.

on 5/18/2014 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Very natural coverage... Works great for everyday makeup last good amount of hours... I apply it with a stippling brush or a beauty blender and looks great both ways and I set it with some studio fix powder and fix + and I like that it's in a squeeze tube