Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals

I have been using this BB Cream for 3 weeks now - it was a stocking stuffer from my wish list. :) I have seen a tremendous change in my skin. Prior to using this I had been using JI Pure Pressed powder and liked it but wanted to try a liquid again. Not wanting to invest the $$$ I bought Revlon Age Defying foundation. The skin around my eyes was becoming very dry and even flaky. I assumed it was the change in season's and dry winter air and added more moisturing to the area - which didn't really help. But lo and behold I changed foundation products and within a week or so no more dry flaky skin around my eyes.

I have this in BB1 based on the Ivory shade of pure pressed powder I had used. It is perfect for my skin tone. I find it takes very little to go a long ways. I apply it in one area at a time as it does dry very quickly and dotting it all over at once would be inadvisable. I apply with my fingers and pat it more than rub.

For me it is worth the money and I will repurchase when I need to.

A beautician recommended i use a makeup that suited my skin type (i have acne and oily skin) and suggested this product. I was originally using a liquid foundation from Maybelline which didn't really seem to help my skin at all and was probably making it worse tbh. So i bought this BB cream along with the powder…at first i didn't like it because it didn't give me the full coverage I wanted and it made my skin seem even more oily and gross. But i just started to use a bit more BB cream in the areas that needed it the most as well as using the powder. i apply it using a foundation brush and sometimes have to reapply more powder during the day because of my oily skin. The only downside to it is that it doesn't fully control shine and it gradually wears off during the day…but that's because of my acne prone skin and might not be for everyone. Overall i think it's a nice cream that is ok to use on my sensitive skin, especially because it's non-comedogenic and it also suits my skin tone and has SPF 25 in it. I would recommend this product if you have sensitive or acne prone skin and want to cover it up without worrying about any harsh ingredients that will irritate your skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I use the amazing base. This $*!#* broke me out. And it looks like crap whenever I see it on a sales girl. I know it's mean to say it, but seriously, they look super caked.

MUA says Swapping is only open to current swappers...But I want to swap this! I have the Glow Time BB Cream #5. Message me/check my notepad if interested!

REVIEW:
So I'm new to Jane Iredale and I have acne prone yet dry skin that, although still in my mid-later 20's, is starting to show signs of aging especially when I smile. Since I'm still struggling with acne, I have been on a long and arduous journey to improve my skin and I've decided to clean up my routine. As a result, I'm trying strictly use products that are healthy and won't break me out, with the exception of the under eye area because I've always needed heavy duty extra coverage due to genetic dark circles and hollowness.

The point: I never thought I could use mineral powder makeup because I'm dry and bareminerals made me peel something fierce. But I must say I am so impressed with Jane Iredale's loose powder; it has not been drying (as long as I moisturizer of course) and I think it is improving my tone. Yet, like most women, I prefer a little more liquid coverage on my nose and certain areas to help cover pores, blemishes, and provide more full coverage. However, I kid you not, in the EXACT areas where I put this BB cream, I developed deep, hard, almost white-head-type beads of congestion...like after one use. The reason I know this is that I only applied the BB cream in tiny specific little areas on my face for the first time so I would be able to gage which products were and weren't working, and I kid you not, it's those exact areas (like the size of a dime) that developed a problem. And I'm actually kind of pissed about it because I just got a medical grade quality light peel that really improved my acne-- until this outrageously priced potion clogged it deeply like a O#$*RU-hole!

The reason I'm only giving this 3 stars and not less though, is that when applying it very very lightly and thinly almost like a concealer (when mixed with moisturizer...I tend to often mix foundations and concealers with moisturizers) it didn't look half bad. But there is no way I would ever put this all over my face the way it is intended. Plus, even with the moisturizer, I found it quite drying...like way more than the powder oddly enough.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Awful. Not sure if this, or that gawd-awful Nerium product, was the culprit behind my worst breakout in years. Regardless...this product sits in pores, making them look even bigger. It accentuates dry, flaky spots. It is difficult to spread, although it is easier to do so immediately after applying moisturizer. Awful.

This is the perfect product combined as a foundation, concealer and SPF. 3 products in 1 justifies the price point and the packaging is brilliant bc it allows you to squeeze every ounce out. The amount of product u get is spectacular and u need very little. However the product dries quickly and is heavy so I suggest spritzing some toner on ur brush or sponge b4 applying so it provides "slip " for easier and lighter application. The BEST concealer EVER. I have Melasma so I've struggled finding the best product to minimizing the pigmentation. Highly recommended!!!!!!!

I love this! I apply a small amount on top of my daily moisturizer, and it keeps my skin looking flawless with the perfect glow all day long. It also doesnt dry my skin out, and I love the fact that it has sunscreen. The lightest shade is a good match for my pale skin.

I love this product!! most important thing to know that it's kind of a mousse dexture and super pigmented. I use the Jane iredale primer first (let it settle for 10 or so minutes), a little less of my daily sunscreen moisturizer (acure) and a small pea size of this bb cream. Mix it up and it's PERFECT. It stays on all day through California heat AND rock climbing. the only con for me is that #7 is a little more pink for my light beige Asian complexion. Easily fixed with a little bronzer ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Settles in pores big time. Nothing like other BB creams, more like heavy foundation. The only way I could use this is if I mixed it with moisturizer & made a TM out of it, but that defeats the purpose of the spf. The sample BB5 was an ok match for my nc20 skin tone, though a bit too yellow.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I desperately wanted to love this (at least like it enough to use it!) as, although it contains some nasties (all higher SPF BB creams & sunscreens are dependent on titanium dioxide & other oxides in order to block UV rays), it has far less in the way of the plethora of other truly nasty additives than other BB creams.

The only virtues of the Glow Time range is that there is a reasonable selection of shades in order to find the best match for your skin tone. I started out getting 05 as 03 was too light for me, but the 05 has so much yellow in it that I was shocked when I was blotting my face in full daylight the first day I wore it, so I foolishly bought the 03 to mix with it. Well, I did end up with a shade that looks fairly natural (although still weirder than any other BB creams I've tried) but, consequently, now have 2 tubes of expensive BB cream I don't want to touch again.

WHY I HATE IT: This 'stuff' leaves my face looking like a lunar landscape, even with wads of primer & a good dusting with my favourite setting powder. It rides into my fine lines & pores throughout the course of the day and sets there... and the blotting! By mid-way through the day I'm having to blot every hour just to keep the grease around my nose, chin & forehead from trickling down. I've gone through a packet of ELF blotting paper over the course of a couple of weeks of experimenting with mixing half a pea-sized amount with different moisturisers, using different primers, no primers, etc. in the hopes of making it work for me.

WHO IT MAY WORK FOR: Bearing in mind that I'm 54, I'd prefer to bypass foundations & use powder to even out my complexion nowadays as, unless they're extremely sheer, I don't think we older lasses can carry off foundation during the day without it calling attention to every crepey area of the face & our ever-growing pores. It would possibly work on younger skin and I have to note that, once dusted over with a setting powder to eliminate the glittery effect, it doesn't have that strange vinyl mask finish other BB creams do.

As for me, however, I still stand firm on disliking it. Aside from not appreciating the coarse appearance this products gives my skin, I can't stand being so aware of my face due to the pooling oil slicks all day.

The two lippies are for the sunscreen factor. I'm sticking with my Gowoonsesang (Dr. G), thank you very much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin, acne-prone, medium with golden undertone and quite sensitive to certain foundations and creams. I've tried a lot of BB creams in the past but nothing covers quite like the Jane Iredale BB Cream. It feels almost like a cream foundation or maybe even a concealer. It covers red spots and scars quite well. You only really need a little bit otherwise it will look cakey. Then, I set it with Jane Iredale Pressed Powder and spray it with the Jane Iredale antioxidant spray. It gives my face a glowy look that lasts from 8 am to 1 pm then my face becomes too oily and I'd have to use a blotting paper to take out all the excess oil. Especially if you are in the office for 8-9 hours where the AC is on full blast (the air is so dry that your skin thinks it needs to produce more oil to compensate for the outside factors). So, even though I like how it covers and the fact that it doesn't make me break out, I am stuck with a problem regarding the length of wear I can use this for. I'm going to finish the bottle but I'm going to start looking for alternatives I can use for everyday office use. And then, also find one to use for weddings and special events that require long lasting wear through winter or summer humidity.