L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My skin- very oily, shiny within an hour after washing if bare skinned. Uneven, somewhat pink on the nose and cheeks. Larger pores on the center of my cheeks only. I grew up with super bad acne but has calmed now in my late 20s. So, this stuff is my favorite cover up type product. I've been using it for id guess about five years now. I'm not a fan of regular foundation as they appear unnatural and cakey, so this is a better choice and I love it. It works very well to even the tone of my skin and covers up blemishes fairly well. I'm not a fan of concealer, the less steps, the better. I use the fair shade which is just slightly too dark for me in the winter. My favorite thing about this is how well it controls oil. I once missed a small spot on my nose and later in the day I could see the small beads of oil there but the rest of the nose looked matte. It's not at all moisturizing. I use neutrogena combo skin lotion first, this bb cream, and usually a powder foundation. I find this stuff has good staying power, holds up for about eight hours. The tube lasts me about four months with daily use. Because of the beads, when you blend it into your skin it has a slight exfoliating effect. My skin actually started to improve in condition when I used this. For me, this stuff is a great price and my favorite!

I hesitate to say this is my HG of BB creams but...........when I try other BB creams, this one always looks better.

Makes my skin look smooth and covers all my redness from LUPUS.

I look younger and my skin glows, you can't tell you are wearing foundation you just look healthy.

Lasts all day and my skin which is very sensitive to the sun doesn't burn.

The only thing I don't like is the aroma on appliction but that fades quite quickly and wouldn't stop my using this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It's the quality of something you would buy at a dollar store :( it itches my skin and does nothing good enough for me to keep trying it.

on 5/14/2015 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used this for two weeks then on really hot days I really noticed its flaws. Fine white particles would appear in the areas under my eyes, above my lips and on my forehead (sweat gland areas). I could wipe it the white particles off easily but haven't used it again since then. Also I realized it doesn't hold up well for the whole day. It melts off easily and leaves the face a hot mess. Also was not a good match for my NC30 skin tone. I gave it to my mom.

Still on the hunt for a good BB cream for weekend use.

Wow I have a few drugstores BB creams and
Honestly this is actually one of the better ones.
I would wear this on a day that I normally wouldn't wear heavy makeup or on a day I just felt like going a lil on the natural side with minimal coverage. This bb cream and some mascara is my ideal goto look on a lazy day.
Its has light to medium coverage. I believe it's also buildable if need be.. but I use my fingers and apply all over my face and it appears white but while rubbing it soon gets color. I chose Medium. I am not light complected but not dark and it is perfect. It feels a like I put a moisturizer on my face. It leaves my skin feeling soft and definitely evens my skin tone out. I believe this is one of the better of the drugstores brands.

on 4/24/2015 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product feels like such a gimmick, from the pigment beads to the advertising...just everything about it. I wouldn't care if the BB cream was actually good, but it isn't. It provides very, very sheer coverage and has no staying power. This is like the kind of product you give to your five year old when they really want to wear foundation and you really want them not to.

on 4/17/2015 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was looking for something I can use every day instead of the tired old foundation routine. I chose this one and it’s pretty great. I chose the shade medium and I apply it with my fingers. It evens out your skin tone quite nicely however, if I want a “flawless” look I do go over some areas with concealer. It feels nice on the skin it almost feels like I’m just wearing a moisturizer. It claims to prime, perfect, hydrate, and correct. It does all with the exception of prime because I get extremely oily even if I set it with powder. Although I get oily it does not rub off or become patchy so that's a good thing. Overall it’s a great product and I will repurchase until I can find one that will not allow me to get so oily. I would definitely recommend to those with normal or dry skin!!

on 4/4/2015 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

*ive used this for about a week so I will update later how this holds up* So after trying the Maybelline Dream Pure BB and breaking out, I decided to try L'oreal's BB cream as it was non-comedogenic. I have very oily (but dehydrated) clog-prone skin. This was $10 at Rite Aid. Originally I picked the light shade but it was so ORANGE! I then exchanged it for the fair shade and that matches me perfectly! The BB cream squeezes out of the tube a grey-purple color, but then adjusts to the skin color. Right after applying, this looks fantastic! It smooths me out and blurs my pores. It sticks a bit to my dry patches on my nose, but I'm sure I'm the only one who notices. I top it off with powder on my t-zone. However after like 3-4 hours of wear, this starts to wear away and bring some attention to my pores, especially on my forehead and cheeks. It also starts to cake between my eyebrows. It's nothing too severe or noticeable tho. The shine control is okay- I'm not insanely shiny or matte. Idk if I'd repurchase, but this is definitely better than some of the other BB creams I've tried!

on 3/29/2015 2:34:00 AM

First, let me start by commenting on the sheer stupidity of the beads in this product. They are a total gimmick and add literally no value to it at all -- why not just have the product show its end color to begin with? Other than that, I like the color (I use fair), and the coverage. It blends nicely (probably because you have to break the beads up), but I wish it had spf and was cruelty-free.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I don't even know how to best describe this stuff other than to say that I wish that I discovered it sooner rather than later. I picked up the shade deep and for super cheap at Target ( it was on sale for $2.88 ). At first I was a little put off by the fact that what came out the tube was not too pleasing to the eyes. Purplish colored cream with these beads that resemble dirt IMO. Once applied on my skin the product just disappeared on my skin. At first I thought "what a joke" but upon closer inspection I did see a slight change in my skin texture and tone....tone more so than anything. My NC45 skintone looked even and bright....not an ashy bright. I used my Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in dim light to kind of set in my t-zone area and it still looked great. After a day of wear I experienced zero oxidizing and I only needed to blot once...but that is a common step for me regardless of what I use so that was no surprise. Its only negative that I can think of is that it does not contain SPF. I don't see myself using this during the summer months when the sun is out in full-force. It did an awesome job at minimizing my pores as well in my t-zone area. I will most definitely repurchase this product and I hope Loreal doesn't discontinue it.