Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light
Garnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.6

on 11/2/2013 4:28:00 PM

I really love this product for everyday wear. Coverage is medium and I find that this has the most natural finish of any foundation/BB cream I've every used. It's relatively matte but does not look powdery and does not accentuate pores (a problem I've frequently had with matte finish foundations in the past). I have combo skin and lasting power is great. At first glance, it might seem a bit pricier than other drugstore foundations/BB creams, but you are getting 2 oz of product while most foundations only have 1 oz.

One downfall is the color selection with only 3 choices. For reference, I am NW20 and the light/medium shade is slightly more yellow than I'd usually pick but works very well.

I've had this BB cream for about 3.5 months and have worn it nearly every day. I'm just about ready to go buy another tube :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Just bought this recently! Love it. It works great with my acne prone, oily skin. It offers amazing coverage that looks just like skin. It's fabulous! If you haven't bought it yet, go out and get it!

on 10/12/2013 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Overall - Love it! I've used almost a whole bottle. My skin is oily and this works for me. Didn't break me out and I'm extremely acne prone.

Coverage - Definitely light-medium, but leaning towards medium. It has more coverage than most BB creams I've tried, but it's definitely not cakey or anything. I only use concealer if I have a really red, inflamed pimple. And, of course, I use under-eye concealer, but I use that even with full coverage makeup.

Color - I'm a NC 15-20, and the shade light/medium matches me really well. I think it actually runs slightly more on the yellow side, which is nice, since most makeup pulls pink in the drugstore. But it's neutral enough that it should work for most people.

Lasting Power - I'll admit, on it's own, this doesn't last the longest time (I'm EXTREMELY oily.) It doesn't run off your face, but shine breaks through pretty quickly. However, I started using Milk of Magnesia as a primer, and now it lasts AGES, doesn't wear off at all, and I only have to touch up like once during the day - and only have to use one blotting sheet, instead of three.

Finish - Probably semi-matte/natural on its own. I set it with a powder and it looks completely matte.

Extra Info - 1. It blends really well, and I use a flat top brush to stipple/buff it on, which is definitely my preferred way to do it, although I found fingers work as well. 2. Definitely store it upside down. So with the cap facing up. If you stand it up, like it seems like it's meant to do, it will POOR out when you open it, because... 3. It's pretty liquidy. But that doesn't bother me. 4. There isn't a smell to it much at all. 5. Doesn't oxidize as far as I can tell.

CONS -

1. On it's own, doesn't control oil extremely well. It does to an extent, but don't expect miracles is all I'm saying. However, in conjunction with milk of magnesia, it works amazingly.

2. My only big downfall with this, is the white-cast in photos from the SPF! :( It looks lovely in person, but it makes your face about 3 shades lighter in photos. Just be aware of that, and own something different to wear if you are getting your pictures taken. However, that's common with most foundations that have an SPF in them. So, nothing unusual.

on 10/6/2013 1:19:00 PM

I'm rather shocked I like this, since the original Garnier BB clogged my pores so badly. I am NC20 and the light/med is perfect. I have combo skin and occasionally find it a bit drying but overall it is great. Usually I will only wear specific "long wear" foundations, because I have an active job and lifestyle and will not touch up, but this actually wears very well for a full day. It is pricy but you do get a lot of product. I have not noticed any skin benefits, but I didn't honestly expect to. It's just a solid med coverage foundation that doesn't cause breakouts. Also I agree with other reviews, store this upside down.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is surprisingly good for a drug store product. Some people complain about the color range. I have got the light color and I mix it with a drop of my liquid bronzer in order to adjust the color. I have got extremely oily skin, I use dermo cosmetics and I always go for matt products. Recently I tried Bioderma matt moisturizer which makes me oily less than 2 hours. I was very disappointed and wanted to try Garnier BB cream just to have a go as it was a cheap product. I was completely amazed when I first put it on. When applying it , yes it is a bit runny and liquid product and it feels like it will leave you feel greasy. I apply with my fingers and as soon as I finish applying it ,product dries immediately and makes you feel like you have nothing on your face. I set the cream with powder and the surprising thing is at the end of the day I am still matt and my make up still in place. I gave away all my matt moisturizers and sun creams . This is a product all in one. I love it and I will be buying again and again. This is my everyday product. You can always go for a lighter color and adjust the color with liquid bronzer. 5 star product, thanks Garnier

I'm a simple powder foundation girl, but then I complain about the shadowing around my eyes, and the giant oily pores on my nose! Bought this, and I'm SUPER impressed! Used my regular face lotion, then thought I'd just use this as a concealer around my eyes, since I read that it does well with the dark shadows. Loved the look, so I put it all over. Used a bit of my usual powder foundation (Palladio) over it. This was at 7:30 this morning, and now at 2:30, my makeup still looks fresh! Like I just put it on! No oily nose, and my pores are DEFINITELY smaller. Imperfections look blurred, and my face is completely matte. I still don't need a blotting paper or a powder touch-up, 7 hours later! This stuff is like the ultimate primer! I bet I wouldn't even need the Palladio over this, but old habits die hard, ya know? I paid $10 at Ulta, and the tube is huge and will last awhile. Even if you JUST used this on your nose as a primer, it'd be worth it. I'll totally keep using this!

on 9/12/2013 1:49:00 PM

Fabulous, fabulous new option in the BB cream market! I own several other BB creams and was not prepared to be terribly impressed with this one. Well, I was pleasantly surprised!

It certainly provides more coverage than a tinted moisturizer (I'm looking at you, Laura Mercier!) and is superior to other drugstore BB creams such as Maybelline's. I think it might be even better than Bobbi Brown's BB cream, which used to be my HG, but costs 3x as much and feels a little heavier on your skin.

As other reviewers have said, Garnier's BB cream is runnier than your average Bb cream of foundation. But the coverage is still great for such a seemingly-sheer product! Plus, it goes on so lightly that it feels as if your skin can really breathe. It seems to be pretty long-lasting, even after a grueling 4-hour hike, my face looked good in photos!

Haven't noticed any breakouts so far. Really good at controlling oil/shine on my combination skin. I always moisturizer with Moroccan argan oil underneath, that helps with any potential dry skin patches that might be accentuated with this cream.

Price point is good, a little high for drugstore but excellent when compared to department stores. As other reviewers have noted, the packaging is less than ideal. The tube concept is nice, but b/c the product is so runny, it tends to run out into the cap and all over the tube opening. Oh well, small price to pay for great coverage, good price, and shine-controlling properties! One of the few recent products that has lived up to the hype!

I almost used up this product and I will definetely repurchase.
At the beginning I was not so impressed, but then I found myself reaching for it almost every day.
Advantages:
- impressive coverage (no other drugstore comparison) and you can also build it up with a second layer in problem areas without looking cakey
- very easy to apply just with your fingers - it is my only option when I am in a hurry
- does not beak me out
- mattifies the skin - I have combination skin and I also apply powder on top and it hold on very well even in hot summer days
Disadvantages:
- packaging - I would have preferred to have a pump, as the contents is quite liquid and the cap gets filled up with product until you close it, so you end up with a bit of waste
- transfers onto clothes - being approprite for oily skin does not mean that once it sets it cannot transfer on clothes, so you need to be careful with clothing items or accessories like scarfs
All in all, I think this product has a great value for money and I highly recommend it.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I've been wanting a bb cream for a while and I've tried basically EVERY drugstore bb (and even cc) cream. They all lack coverage and are just overall greasy. The other problem I faced when trying to find a drugstore bb is that their shades are off; I'm a natrual tan color with a yellow undertone and most bb creams fail to cater to this. I wasn't going to buy this bb because people complained it was greasy... But those reviews were from a year ago and garnier came out with an oil free version! This cream has AMAZING coverage that suits tan skin and isn't greasy. The SPF is decent but I still wear a sunscreen... Totally buying again :)

The only good bb cream ive ever tried. So lightweight & easy to blend and great coverage (medium) a little pricey though