LORAC Unzipped

on 10/30/2014 10:43:00 PM

Must buy!

on 10/26/2014 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great product if you like a natural look and you're not very experienced with makeup. No matter what combo I've done they always look good (so it's pretty fool proof). It's very good quality (finely milled and very pigmented). I usually wear 1 or 2 colors at a time. The colors are more rose tinted (so great for if you want a warm eye look). Very happy with my purchase. This pallet is all I need in terms of eye makeup and will last me for a very long time.

on 7/30/2014 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE this palette and everything about it. The colors are so versatile for my ski tone. Perfect for day time and evening looks. At first when I received it (gift) I kind of had no idea how to blend these colors together, so I watched a few YouTube tutorials which were so helpful! When I went to work the next day one of the girls really like how pretty it was. This has to be one of my all time favorites and will continue to purchase over and over.

I was taught long ago that with my brown eyes and hair, and blindingly white skin, warm purples are actually a really good idea. (I got a 5 minute makeover from her that taught me more than I'd picked up in the next 10 years.)

This is no exception. Highly pigmented, rich, smooth colors, even the glitter shades.

It's gorgeous and I adore it.

(It also comes with a sample of LORAC's eyeshadow primer, which seems to work incredibly well.)

on 10/8/2014 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is by far my favorite Lorac palette. The colors are beautiful and so creamy and pigmented. A while back I purchaed the Urban Decay naked 3 palette and hated it so much I gave it away. For me the colors in this palette were much kinder to mature fair skin tones. I found the colors to be very blendable and easier to work with while being very comparable to naked 3.

This palette is gorgeous. The shades inside are rosey/warm bronzey tones that just work together beautifully. There are so many neutral palettes out there but I feel like this one is just so unique. The shades have fantastic color payoff and I feel like you are getting a great deal! (10 large high end shadows for $4 each and that doesn't even include the primer that comes with it!) I have fallen in love with this palette and would definitely recommend you try it out!

on 7/15/2014 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hands down the best palette I've ever owned. If I don't know what look I'm going for, I grab this and it works for both daytime and nighttime, as well as simple to dramatic. This is way better than the highly raved about Naked palette from UB in my opinion. The unzipped palette also photographs very well in comparison to the Naked palette. Lorac is slowly starting become one of my favorite high-end brands.

on 6/9/2014 10:17:00 PM

This is hands down my favourite eyeshadow palette. The colours are just gorgeous with just the right mix of mattes and shimmers. It has a nice range of rose golds, browns mixed with burgundy and purple. The quality is fantastic and is less powdery than the lorac pro palette. I also like the fact that these pans are much larger than my pro palette and so I won't be running out soon.

The palette is nice and slim, and doesn't waste much space. It has a magnetic snap to close which feels very secure. It is so nice and compact, and fits nicely into my handbag for travel. This is the first palette that i've wanted to buy backups for because it is just so beautiful.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Ok so I wanted to write a review for this palette because I've seen some ppl dissatisfied with it. Please read the review and try out my recommendations for working with the shadows before you return it. I had heard great things about Lorac's eyeshadows and this was one of the few makeup items I have bought without seeing it in person. I bought it based on pictures and tutorials I watched.

So on to the review. When I first got the palette I thought the colors were gorgeous to look at. They are smooth and creamy. Reminds me a bit of my MAC eyeshadows. When I applied them on my lid I was disappointed. Many ppl have complained that colors look different on the lid compared to swatch, colors blend into one another, and you can't tell a difference between eyeshadows after you apply it. I definitely agree. I don't know if its the formula or what. I do notice that shades like Unbelievable, Unattainable, and Uncensored have similar finishes and tend to just blend into one another. Unattainable was one of the shades that drew me to buying it but it looks completely different on my lid. In the pan its a beautiful bronzy gold shade. On my lid its a dull muted gold color. When I apply Undiscovered (light gold shade), it looks similar to Unattainable. For a second I thought I had made a mistake by buying it. I realized that you need to use color bases to emphasize or change the color of the shadows. I've been using NYX Jumbo Pencil in Dark Brown for some shades and it has worked great. It makes the color Unattainable to the exact color in the pan. It darkens the color Uncensored (a soft brown shade with rosy undertone close to my skin shade) and makes it into a pretty bronzy shade that reminds me of Iman's eyeshadow in Tigereye (which is one of my fav's). To help with shadows blending into one another, I suggest you mix a shade with a matte one. For ex, I will use Unbelievable all over the lid and then mix Uncensored and Unspoken together and put in the crease. Having a different eyeshadow finish esp a matte will help to break up that annoying blending that the shadows offer. Don't get me wrong the eyeshadows are great quality but some of them do tend to blend into one another. I would definitely experiment using color bases and try out different looks with the eyeshadows before giving up. Btw, I absolutely love the Unbelievable, Uncensored, and Unspoken look I mentioned above. When I first saw Unbelievable (rosy gold) I thought it was a beautiful shade but it looked weird on my lid. I have never had problems with pink shades but Unbelievable was weird. But adding the other shades makes such a beautiful look. It reminds me of Clinique's Strawberry Fudge duo which is one of my favorite duo's. It's like the older more subtle but just as beautiful sister of Strawberry Fudge.

I am an NC45 shade but more neutral with an olive undertone. Not as yellow as a typical NC45. I think this palette is perfect for all skintones/undertones, esp ppl who felt Naked 1 was too warm. I think its great for daywear/office wear. The looks are soft, romantic, and glowy. The only issue I have with the palette is I wish Lorac would have picked a darker color for the container since yellow will stain easily. I also wish the names were more unique so I could remember them lol.

Wonderful palette. Especially for brown eyes. The wine colors compliment and bring out the bit of green in my eyes. Lorac is known for their creamy, smooth, and very pigmented colors. I also love how big the pans are large. This will be lasting a while and I am enjoying it. a wonderful addition to my growing palette collection. :)