Urban Decay NAKED2

Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/10/2016 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you've never owned any other high end palettes this will be a good product for you. I have a pretty large collection with palettes being my soft spot. I finally broke down and bought this one because I didn't own a naked palette yet. I felt like I needed one in my collection. The shadows are ok, not to soft there's not a ton of kick back or fall out, they wear for a long time, and blend well. I find they crease fast than some other shadows I own and I feel like the pigmentation isn't on par with the price range. In my opinion, for the money I'd go with kat von d or lorac over the naked palettes.

Ugh I'm so disappointed, the shades are beautiful in the palette but I just can't get them to work on me :( Really patchy and un-pigmented. I know these palettes are well loved and I'm not knocking them as I've been so excited to get one for ages and have researching which palette to get and everything but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed a youtube tutorial this morning using the same colours as the girl in the video and the result on me is awful; patchy and had to keep layering on the shadows to get any effect. My Sleek palette for 7.99 was better :( No offence to the fans of this, maybe it's my brushes? I don't know, any tips brush wise?

on 11/24/2015 12:38:00 AM

Compared to naked 1, this is darker, smokier and more cool toned. and just liked Naked 1, i love it.

Urban decay have such great quality eyeshadows that are pigmented, long wearing and true to colour.

All the colours are nice, some I like more than others.

Overall if you all three naked paletters you are set for for all the colours you need. I realised when I moved I had a make up problem. So I stopped buying stuff, got rid of most of my makeup and now I just stick to the UD naked palettes and my MakeupGeek eyeshadow pans and I am set. I don't need anything else.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is what all this hype is about? A bunch of generic metallic (not really neutral but whatever) eyeshadows. When I think of a good nude palette, shimmers aren't what comes to mind. I think of matte, sculpting shadows, or at the least "discreet" and "travel-friendly". This palette, in particular, is a grab bag of pinks, golds, silvers and some "taupe shades".

I should have mentioned in that since I have a warmer undertone, cooler gray shades will tend to clash with my undertone. With that being said, It doesn't mean that I can't use cooler-toned eyeshadows. A great example of a useable and WOC-friendly palette is the Marvelous Mauve palette from Dose of Colors. These cool-toned plummy mauves blend like a dream, and I get utility out of every shade. The texture of the eyeshadows is creamy, soft, albeit there's some pickup due to the striations in the palette. It's almost a creamy sort of eyeshadow.

If it wasn't the crappy quality of the eyeshadows, then the packaging would probably be the straw that broke the camel's back. Generally speaking, metallic packaging equates to higher quality, but certainly not in this case. It could be completely possible that I got a dud but not only were the eyeshadow pans did not adhere properly, and I found that the metal collects a lot of dirt and grime, which is disgusting, and the mirror broke. The magnetic clasp was weak as well.

There were too few matte shadows and a lot of unusable shimmery and glittery shades. I found Foxy and Tease pulled way too gray and ashy on my browbone, and forget about transition/crease shades. People who love and own any of the Naked Palettes will agree that there is a ton of fallout, and for 54 dollars, that is not acceptable nor cost-effective.

I think that the biggest selling point of this palette, despite the rising cost is the fact you get "12 full-sized eyeshadows". But the truth is that even if I liked the quality of the eyeshadows and used this every day, it would take me forever to hit pan on one of the eyeshadows. In comparison, the DoC Marvelous Mauves palette is more cohesive and well-thought out. It's travel-friendly, and effortless which is what a neutral palette should be. It's also 32 dollars and you get a respectable amount of product, but it's a product that you know you will go and reach for. I found that despite the quality, the packaging is not travel-friendly of course, and all-in-all mediocre.

on 12/8/2015 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great quality eyeshadows and the selection is not bad. I read someone's criticism that there aren't enough transition shades and I would have to agree. I would appreciate more matte transition shades and would actually swap one or two of the shimmer shades for perhaps a mauvey-red matte transition shade or a darker brown, but I love this palette otherwise for the blendable, smooth shadows that make application super easy.

I wish it had a few more matte shades but I love most of the shades anyway! It is great for a night out as you can create heaps of different looks with the variety of shimmery shades.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I decided to buy this for the cooler hues in this palette. I did not like the naked3 as much and I don't own the first one. I have to say this is much more suitable for my skin tone and really flatters me. I think these have good pigmentation although I still need to use an eye primer on my oily lids. Great for building a smoky eye or for an everyday look. Some are quite shimmery so if you are looking for something matte, I would consider the Basic palettes of the line.

on 10/6/2015 4:35:00 PM

The Naked palettes have got alot of hype around them, and although I like the palette and would have liked to have any other one in the range, I do think it is a bit overhyped. -I thought it was going to be even better in a way.
The reason it won't get 5 "stars" from me is mainly because of my expectations of the product. Also, some of the colours are a bit too glittery or foiled (very shimmering) compared to what I like. I do reach for the palette a lot. And I like having it, and it's a perfect travel companion for longer journeys (very sturdy packaging). I would definetly recommend it to a friend if they wanted a neutral palette.

on 9/17/2015 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Let me say one thing, my sister and I loved the idea of getting a naked palette and until I finally got my hands on it because I had the money, I realized it wasn't all that great. So I recommended her other palettes. I'm a newbie to this make up world but I love my share of good quality make up if it's worth it. I searched and searched all over if this palette was worth it. I got a 25$ gift card to sephora thanks to my high school prom and this was my first "big girl" palette. I asked the sephora girl which palette she recommends for me, she said definitely Naked 2. Didn't even hesitate to think, I guess everyone is on the Naked 2 bandwagon? But I was so excited, took it home. Then a few days later I realized I only used 3 shades. Great pigmentation! They were FOXY, TEASE and HALF BAKED. I pondered for days whether i should get Tarte's Tartlette palette since I love mattes, and I got it. AND SO WORTH IT. I wanted something that has nude colors, high pigmentation and low on bad chemicals. Something I can wear for everyday, for fancy events and even smokey looks. I saw the wonderful reviews on Too Faced Chocolate Bar. So I'll be returning my NAKED 2 palette for Too Faced.
I can't say for the other Naked palettes
By urban decay. Perhaps I'll be buying the Naked 2 palette in the future or just the other series which also look fantastic. But maybe when I'm more financially stable. But I don't want a 57$ (yes that's how much it cost) palette I'm barely going to use or that's gonna mush up into one color, because that's Naked 2 it does. I did really like Half baked, chopper, YDK (the name makes me happy) and verve. But I'll probably look for dupes in tbe future. Although the staying power was great, but I wore Smashbox's 24 Hour Eye primer (sorry again urban decay)
Hey, I'm a soon-to be college student. I'll get a better value out of the Chocolate Bar. (It has 16 shades and no parabens) Yes, Naked 2 has the primers and the brush. But I already have all that. That's OK.
THANK GOD for Sephora's return policy

Sorry NAKED fans and Urban Decay, not my cup of tea.

on 11/10/2015 11:29:00 PM

I've had this palette for quite a while now and I really like it. The shades in it are so nice and pretty pigmented! My absolute favourite is "half baked", which is a shimmery gold colour. I also love how this (and the other naked palettes) comes with the double ended brush. My only complaint is that the packaging isn't super sturdy. Seeing as this isn't even a complaint about the quality of the makeup, it's safe to say this palette is one of my favourites.