Urban Decay NAKED2

Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/30/2016 5:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Great and Love it!

I absolutely love this palette! The colors are cool tones and the shades are so gorgeous! I've had this palette for a while now and I use it almost every week. Most of the shades are shimmery, but that's what I love about it. The brush that came with the palette is one of my favorites also. Everything about this palette is perfection. The only thing I don't like is the price.

on 1/11/2016 9:03:00 PM

I really do not understand the hype for Urban Decay. I feel that for the price you would expect a product with none or very little fallout, however there was a lot.
The shades are all beautiful, however the formulas of some are terrible. Blackout is very very patchy and foxy is far too chalky.
I have purchased the Makeup Revolution dupe of this product where the shandes are identical, the pigmentation is the same, and the Blackout/foxy equivalents are a usable formula.
Really liked that it comes with primer samples, they really are excellent and it persuaded me to buy a full size primer.

on 1/10/2016 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you've never owned any other high end palettes this will be a good product for you. I have a pretty large collection with palettes being my soft spot. I finally broke down and bought this one because I didn't own a naked palette yet. I felt like I needed one in my collection. The shadows are ok, not to soft there's not a ton of kick back or fall out, they wear for a long time, and blend well. I find they crease fast than some other shadows I own and I feel like the pigmentation isn't on par with the price range. In my opinion, for the money I'd go with kat von d or lorac over the naked palettes.

Ugh I'm so disappointed, the shades are beautiful in the palette but I just can't get them to work on me :( Really patchy and un-pigmented. I know these palettes are well loved and I'm not knocking them as I've been so excited to get one for ages and have researching which palette to get and everything but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed a youtube tutorial this morning using the same colours as the girl in the video and the result on me is awful; patchy and had to keep layering on the shadows to get any effect. My Sleek palette for 7.99 was better :( No offence to the fans of this, maybe it's my brushes? I don't know, any tips brush wise?

on 12/8/2015 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great quality eyeshadows and the selection is not bad. I read someone's criticism that there aren't enough transition shades and I would have to agree. I would appreciate more matte transition shades and would actually swap one or two of the shimmer shades for perhaps a mauvey-red matte transition shade or a darker brown, but I love this palette otherwise for the blendable, smooth shadows that make application super easy.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is what all this hype is about? A bunch of generic metallic (not really neutral but whatever) eyeshadows. When I think of a good nude palette, shimmers aren't what comes to mind. I think of matte, sculpting shadows, or at the least "discreet" and "travel-friendly". This palette, in particular, is a grab bag of pinks, golds, silvers and some "taupe shades".

I should have mentioned in that since I have a warmer undertone, cooler gray shades will tend to clash with my undertone. With that being said, It doesn't mean that I can't use cooler-toned eyeshadows. A great example of a useable and WOC-friendly palette is the Marvelous Mauve palette from Dose of Colors. These cool-toned plummy mauves blend like a dream, and I get utility out of every shade. The texture of the eyeshadows is creamy, soft, albeit there's some pickup due to the striations in the palette. It's almost a creamy sort of eyeshadow.

If it wasn't the crappy quality of the eyeshadows, then the packaging would probably be the straw that broke the camel's back. Generally speaking, metallic packaging equates to higher quality, but certainly not in this case. It could be completely possible that I got a dud but not only were the eyeshadow pans did not adhere properly, and I found that the metal collects a lot of dirt and grime, which is disgusting, and the mirror broke. The magnetic clasp was weak as well.

There were too few matte shadows and a lot of unusable shimmery and glittery shades. I found Foxy and Tease pulled way too gray and ashy on my browbone, and forget about transition/crease shades. People who love and own any of the Naked Palettes will agree that there is a ton of fallout, and for 54 dollars, that is not acceptable nor cost-effective.

I think that the biggest selling point of this palette, despite the rising cost is the fact you get "12 full-sized eyeshadows". But the truth is that even if I liked the quality of the eyeshadows and used this every day, it would take me forever to hit pan on one of the eyeshadows. In comparison, the DoC Marvelous Mauves palette is more cohesive and well-thought out. It's travel-friendly, and effortless which is what a neutral palette should be. It's also 32 dollars and you get a respectable amount of product, but it's a product that you know you will go and reach for. I found that despite the quality, the packaging is not travel-friendly of course, and all-in-all mediocre.

on 11/24/2015 12:38:00 AM

Compared to naked 1, this is darker, smokier and more cool toned. and just liked Naked 1, i love it.

Urban decay have such great quality eyeshadows that are pigmented, long wearing and true to colour.

All the colours are nice, some I like more than others.

Overall if you all three naked paletters you are set for for all the colours you need. I realised when I moved I had a make up problem. So I stopped buying stuff, got rid of most of my makeup and now I just stick to the UD naked palettes and my MakeupGeek eyeshadow pans and I am set. I don't need anything else.

I wish it had a few more matte shades but I love most of the shades anyway! It is great for a night out as you can create heaps of different looks with the variety of shimmery shades.

on 11/10/2015 11:29:00 PM

I've had this palette for quite a while now and I really like it. The shades in it are so nice and pretty pigmented! My absolute favourite is "half baked", which is a shimmery gold colour. I also love how this (and the other naked palettes) comes with the double ended brush. My only complaint is that the packaging isn't super sturdy. Seeing as this isn't even a complaint about the quality of the makeup, it's safe to say this palette is one of my favourites.