Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

As Im nearing my mid thirties powder started to make me look much older than iam..... After being told by several friends to lose the powder in order to look my age or younger I was mortified. I had always loved wearing powder. I had purchased this several times in 18 years but it always was lost or stolen. So after reading rave reviews and reading Dita von Teese uses it as body makeup I decided to try it again. I bought translucent extra coverage and I'm so happy I did. This powder looks great clean and soft and dosent settle in and enhance any fine lines. I love the scent and it dosent make me break out. This is my new HIgh and far as powders go. No wonder it's stood the test of time since the 1920s!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have this in the shades Translucent Extra Coverage and Naturally Neutral. I use TE to set cream, cake make up. I use NN daily applied with a damp BB under my eyes to set concealer (at the moment timebalm) and to set liquid found. (Kat von D or Clinique). I have oily skin and this keeps me matte. I love the huge Container and the vintage scent of Lorigan. Its finelly milled and can be bought for 6-7 bucks. Its 65 g and comes in a plastic Container with a whie poofy thing i keep around for travelling but dont use it. Works great with the huge RT powder brush its huge but fits the coty container perfectly.

on 8/1/2016 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is an amazing powder for less than $6 at Wal Mart. I am not sure what made me take so long to try this but it is wonderful! It is very finely milled, it sets my makeup just fine - I am NW45 for reference and this is indeed transparent on my dark skin. And this controls oil. I used it today over Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation in Rich Cocoa and yesterday I wore it over Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless in Coconut. I did not touch up the entire time I was at work. Now granted I pack this on but I love a matte face. I will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using it a week, but I don't see much difference between it and other loose translucent powders I have used--I still lean towards Boots' translucent loose powder. The Coty is very fragranced and does not seem to be milled as fine as the Boots. I will keep using it but it hasn't been the immediate HG that I expected/hoped for.

on 8/3/2016 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have this in Translucent - Extra Coverage and I can't praise this powder enough, I simply adore it!! I just want to stock it up, but I don't think I'll ever even run out! I have combination skin, but in the summer and during my period, my skin oils up like no other. I've tried the ELF HD powder, the Rimmel Stay Matte, nothing worked. I don't even need them to keep me matte, that's impossible and I've accepted that, but they can't even keep my makeup from breaking up on my skin. I finally gave in and bought this one, since I heard great things about it, and I figured for 65 grams of powder, what the hell.
And now, I'm determined to use up every last bit of that 65 grams with all my might! Yep the packaging is cumbersome and flimsy, it's hard to take around but for daily use, but I don't NEED to, because it sets my makeup so well that just blotting every 2-3 hour will keep me looking good all day, no need for any extra powder. It doesn't keep me completely shine free, but the finish is a very nice satin finish (after soaking in with my skin about 30 minutes after initial application) and a natural, skin like finish throughout the day. I usually use this to set my entire face, save for the under eye and just a light dusting on my blemishes, because it can look very thick under my eyes and I find too much powder on blemishes only make them stand out even more. My favourite way to apply it is with the BH Cosmetics 124 (in the Sculpt & Blend 2 set), it's a perfect size and firmness, substantial enough so I can use the brush to really push the powder into the oilier area like my forehead, on the sides of my nose and my chin, and I just lightly pat on the rest of my face, because elsewhere I'm quite dry so there's no need for much powdering. The huge, fluffy brushes like Real Techniques Powder brush also works, but it applies too lightly for my taste and not as targeted in certain areas as I'd like. Once I really went it and tried the buffing technique with this powder, using a flat top brush. Sadly, it looked quite thick and my skin looked so dry, after sitting on my skin a while and soaked up some oil, it got a bit better but still very obvious on the skin. I guess that's what the "Extra Coverage" is there for, but on the bright side, even though the colour seemed several shades and tones off from my own, it doesn't affect the colour of my foundation or concealer at all. Anyway, the really amazing thing is, later that day, I went out and it rained heavily. I was pelted in the face huge droplets of water, yet when I got home and blotted my face, there was absolutely NO transfer of powder or foundation onto the napkin (as always when I use this powder, and that's another great thing about it), and in the mirror, my skin looked perfect! I was so shocked! I figured my skin must be too dry to pile too much of this powder on, but with careful, patient, gradual layering and lots of hydrating mist/spray, it might still work.
The texture of the powder is not the smoothest, but it's ok, since it's loose powder anyway, it's not chunky or blotchy either. It photographs wonderfully, I never got any flash back with this (nasty white cast was the reason why the ELF one was such a fail for me). I've read that even this "translucent" one can look ashy on PoC with deeper skin tones. Luckily,this doesn't clash with my skin tone, and I'm Asian with pale yellow skin, about NC10 with no pink, more yellow and slightly greenish undertone too. The scent is really really strong and dominating, it even soaks into my brushes, I don't think I could ever get the smell of it completely off any of my powder brushes and even the plastic jars I used to store this powder in any more. But I can't smell it once I apply it to my face, and for the wonders it does for my makeup, I can live with that.
Once I run out of this jar (as if! I don't bake my under eye, as I said it's too thick and mattifying for that; it's gonna take me a loooooong time), I think I will want to try the more yellow leaning versions of this like Muted Beige, I hope it will work the same but with some more coverage closer to my skin tone. I heard they're just not the same as the Translucent one so that's quite worrying. But like, for the joy that it brings, Coty can take my money. Have that 6 bucks, I don't care! Will definitely repurchase, without a doubt.

I heard about this powder a couple years ago and I heard great things about it, so I was super excited when I was at Walgreens just looking at what was new there and I saw this powder. I expect a few things from a translucent powder: actually appear translucent on the skin, keeping my t-zone from getting too greasy, and not making my makeup look thicker or cakey. This powder is okay, but I wouldn't pay any more for it. The first thing I noticed was the scent which was a strong clean scent. It took me a while to get past that but I figured if it was a decent powder the smell wouldn't be a big deal. I applied it using a real techniques powder brush to set my foundation and concealer. It was translucent and didn't make my makeup appear cakey. After a couple hours of wear I noticed my skin getting oily, which usually doesn't happen with my foundation and setting powder that I had previously used. Another thing about this powder is the mess it makes, as the packaging isn't the greatest. Every time I open and close it some of the product gets out either into the air or onto the counter.

There are definitely pros and cons to this powder. It does apply nicely at first and it does appear translucent on my light skin. It also doesn't make my face look overdone and cakey. The cons being the smell, the mess/packaging, and it didn't keep my skin from becoming oily. Personally I will not repurchase this powder but if you have dry or normal skin I definitely think this powder would work well for you if you don't mind the smell.

on 7/18/2016 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Translucent Extra Coverage and really like it very much. It does have a bit of a flowery scent (I don't love it) but it dissipates fast. The powder is VERY FINELY MILLED and it really melds into the skin beautifully. I use it to set my concealer, BB cream and/or foundation. It also could be worn along on a warm day, just for something light and natural over moisturized skin. The amount of product is enormous - I am not sure I will ever finish it all! I do use a brush or a sponge, not the puff that comes with it. I feel I have better control that way. I put a little bit into the lid and swirl it around with my brush in there, tap off excess and have at it. Really great product and a true bargain.

I have this in the newer plastic packaging, the smell is just weird and smells like an old grandma, it's very finally milled so don't expect it to have good coverage, I've only tried this once but it didn't wow me

on 7/18/2016 10:27:00 PM

FLASHHBACK!!!!!!! This is the biggest problem with this powder I've used it about 10x to bake my under eyes with different foundations but everytime it either gave me horrible flashback or changed the color of my foundation completely:( not bad for the price but I honestly wouldn't recommend it !

Absolutely the best powder loose or otherwise that I have ever tried. I have never seen any makeup item blends this smoothly and invisibly into the skin. It is perfect for setting tacky undereye concealers and liquid foundations. It can even be used alone on a minimal makeup day just to perfect the skin, even out tone and texture and reduce oil. It looks incredibly natural and is so soft on the skin. You can't even see the powder on your face looking into a magnifying glass because it is that finely milled.