Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Adorable packaging, but that's pretty much where the love affair ends for me. The pigmentation and the longevity of these eyeshadows was disappointing to say the least, which is a shame because I had high expectations for the palette and liked how the colours looked in the pan. The texture wasn't as soft as I was expecting either. It looks cute in my make up collection at least.

Really liked this palette. Works well for fair, cool-toned skin like mine (NW20). Makes a great travel palette, since you can do both daytime and evening looks. Would have been even better if a couple of the shadows were matte or less shimmery (one lippie off for that.) Also the drawer and sponge brush were a waste of space. Would have preferred a thinner palette.

on 8/14/2011 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This product is AMAZING. i bought it after juicystar07's rave reviews. Though i dont really use many of the colors (only really four or five of them) it really is worth every penny. i get compliments on my eye shadow all the time. i never used to wear eye shadow before wearing this, but decided to give it a shot because it was finally a brand name palette without a completely ridiculous price tag. i use gold all over than the sparkly dark brown on my middle-outer corners and its simply amazing. its so fast! i dont really use the brush that comes with it except for the side that has an angled end to fill in my eyebrows with the matte brown color in the set. love it!

on 8/12/2011 12:14:00 AM

I saw a makeup artist use it on my friend on her wedding day. Since she has fair asian skin like I do, I figured it should look pretty on me too. I love it! It has become my HG eye shadow since. The colors are more flattering on girls with cool skin tone than Urban Decay Naked.

Pros first:
+ Nice packaging (sturdy and pretty box)
+ Colours in the palette match up so would work well together
+Shadows are soft, fallout is minimal

Cons:
+ Pigmentation is average to bad for the various shades
+Some shades end up looking the same once they have blended out
+ Quite plain and dull looking on my NW20/NC30 skin
+ Expensive (23/26 depending on where you buy = overpriced).

I've bought Two Faced shadows before expecting Urban Decay quality but this is appalling by comparison.
I'm not saying this palette would be awful on everyone but I was thoroughly disappointed as it didn't suit me at all. I have neutral to warm undertones and am around NW20. I also have hazel eyes. I found the eyeshadows to lack pigmentation and look washed out on my skin. For paler individuals who have cooler undertones i think this palette might be suitable. But I still wouldn't recommend it to anyone simply because I think there are far better neutral palettes out there with better pigmentation for a fraction of the cost.

on 8/27/2011 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Packaging is cute yet the quality of this palette still leaves a whole lot to be desired. I ordered this right after I received my Natural Eye Palette thinking I would like this one as well. However, I was pretty disappointed. I still use it from time to time but I don't use it alone. I usually combine it with shadows from other palettes because the colors don't show up too well on my eyelids.

on 7/7/2011 12:43:00 AM

The packaging and names of the shadows are the big selling point on this item. Very cute. Plus, it gives direction cards for each look the eyeshadows are for. You can, of course, do whatever you want with them. They are subtle and pigmented at the same time. Very blendable and go with pretty much any look you want to try. I don't get any creasing with this either. I like this enough that I'm going to get each of the collections.

on 7/17/2011 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased the palette with the blue on the cover. I love all the colors, they blend well, stay on and look great. I actually thought I was buying a different one but glad I picked this up.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I admit, I'm not one for neutral or "plain" looks- I love bright eye shadows and dramatic looks. However, I saw this palette in Sephora and thought the colors were really pretty so I decided to give it a try. I ended up loving all of the colors and looks in the palette, especially the last one! This palette is definitely one of the staples of my makeup collection. It's so versatile and there are so many pretty looks to create with these eye shadows.
I love using this palette for a quick morning routine- one of the looks paired with mineral foundation, some mascara and liner, and bright lip gloss/lipstick and I'm set for the day.
And just for the record, these colors are anything but plain :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Before I purchased UD Naked - I bought this palette and figured it would be a good substitute. I'm obssesed with Lap Dance - it has to be my most used shadow in the palette and my all time favorite taupe color. And the rest of the colors are really gorgeous and easy to blend as well. I gave it four stars because it can get a little powdery. I do recommend this palette for those who feel guilty making the investment in UD Naked.