Urban Decay NAKED

Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/23/2016 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I didn't like this palette. It was super basic. Extremely dupable. The colors were hard pressed. I will be returning. I prefer my TF Chocolate Bar Palettes and ABH Palettes to this

on 11/23/2016 7:55:00 AM

This is my everyday go-to palette. The colours really complement my brown eyes. I would like there to be more lighter colours as I ran out of Virgin first.
I gave the packaging 3/5 because it doesn't stay very clean with the velvet.
I would definitely repurchase this once I finish my favourite shades.

on 10/17/2016 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have and love the UD Naked 3 palette and I got the original one as an early birthday present to myself.
Even though I said to re-purchasing this, it will take me some time to use up this palette and then I'd like to use up my other warm eyeshadow palettes after that.
But if I were starting from scratch, I would most definitely have this palette as an essential in my makeup stash.

I love Sidecar, Half Baked, Smog and Darkhorse for a subtle bronze/smokey eye look.
I'll use Creep as a liner or to intensity the look.

Pigment and staying power are superb as it is with UD eyeshadows in general.
I was going to get the MAC Warm Palette eyeshadow but I like the convenience of the Naked palette more, especially for travelling.

If you've been on the fence about getting this palette, I recommend it, especially if you love warm colours.

on 10/14/2016 10:57:00 AM

The only thing keeping me from re-purchasing this, is theres only one light color. And its not even that light. I need some light cream colors for my lid. Otherwise the quality is amazing.

I've always been a fan of pre-made eyeshadow palettes, since I'm far too lazy to create my own. The Naked palette is one of my favorites. It's a bunch of gorgeous warm shades, with great pigmentation and an amazing formula. Some of my favorite shades in the palette are half-baked, toasted, and sidecar. The packaging is a bit of an annoyance, but otherwise I enjoy the palette.

on 9/15/2016 7:59:00 AM

Have this naked palette for about a year. The pigmentation is good it has a lot of nice colours to make everyday look as well as going out options. I will not re-purchase for two reasons do not like the velvet packaging so much feel like it collecting a lot of dust and it does irritate my eyes and make it look dry even with the use of primers (UD primers) only Naked pallets do that to my eyes.

Another palette I'm surprised I haven't reviewed yet!

Naked 1 is one of the most popular neutral palettes on the market. It's a starter palette for many people getting into makeup and a staple product for many makeup lovers. This was my second more expensive palette (the original Too Faced Natural eyes palette was my first). I've had this and used this for years now. I have pan on a couple shades. Naked 1 has strong pigmentation and stays on all day.

I use Virgin (good inner corner highlight)
Sin (pink champagne)
Naked (light matte brown)
Buck (very warm matte brown)
Half baked (metallic gold)
Smog (mid tone bronze)
and Dark horse(dark shimmery brown) regularly.
My favorites are Naked and Half baked.

My biggest con with this palette is that I don't use all the shades. I neglect sidecar (which is a glittery) and the last four shades- toasted, hustle, creep and gunmetal. That’s 5 out of 12 I’m not using. Almost half the palette.

I feel like gunmetal was a weird choice to put in this palette. One shimmery, cool dark grey with a bunch of warm toned browns? I suppose it could work with creep for a smoky look...but I would want a lighter grey or silver to do more of a gradient smoky eye. So I do not like gunmetal in this palette. I also think creep should have been replaced by a dark matte black. I do use this color to darken the outer v or set liner.
In addition it's worth noting there is not a matte brow bone color. The only two mattes are Naked and buck.

I like this palette. I've been using it more lately as it's one of my older palettes. I have low-key thought about doing a pan that palette with this but that's a big undertaking. From using this daily for a while I can't say confidently that I would repurchase. I have other neutral palettes that have similar colors. I do like this palette overall and the looks I get with it.

Do you need it? Depends on how important mattes are to you and what colors you are looking for. Swatch in store if you can to really get an idea if it's for you.

on 8/30/2016 1:53:00 PM

This was my first high-end palette, and i still love it so much. I think it's a great palette if you want to start using eye shadows and practice your technique. You will be able to achieve a lot of different looks with the colors and finishes of the eye-shadows in the palette. I think the colors will suit a lot of skin tones and occasions, and probably even if you get more eye shadows you will come back to the naked 1 every once in a while.
The only thing i don't like that much about naked palettes is the fact that they don't include enough matte eye shadows, having a hooded eyes i really need to built darkness in my crease with matte colors. But i think that is really fixable by using face powder products for example.

on 8/28/2016 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

To be fair I had found Too Faced before I even came across Urban Decay's Naked palettes and Kat Von D after. What's sad for me is after using KVD and TF I can't seem to fall in love with any of the UD palettes.

The colours in the original are better than UD3 but there are too many shimmers and so you can't use this independently. I also find that the colours don't translate on the eyelids as pigmented as I would like, and so I have to try and put in multiple layers which I just don't have time for.

It may be personal preference, but when I play around with these and compare them with other highend palettes, I notice the lack of luster in the colours and the extensive fall out (which makes me feel like I'm wasting product).

With so many others to compete with, unfortunately I just don't want to reach for these shadows as often.

This palette is simply GORGEOUS! The packaging is very elegant with a velvet texture and a mirror inside. The product itself is even better. 12 beautiful, highly pigmented a well blendable eye shadows which in my opinion must suit absolutely all types of skin tone regardless the undertones. The colours are neutral and thus suitable for everyday usage, although the palette also includes some darker tones ideal for special occasions when you want to rock that smokey eye. Another great thing about the palette is the double-sided brush that comes with it. The bristles are very soft, yet dense and allow to blend the eyeshadows flawlessly. The only drawback would be the price, but I guess it's still worth it.