Urban Decay NAKED

Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/15/2016 7:59:00 AM

Have this naked palette for about a year. The pigmentation is good it has a lot of nice colours to make everyday look as well as going out options. I will not re-purchase for two reasons do not like the velvet packaging so much feel like it collecting a lot of dust and it does irritate my eyes and make it look dry even with the use of primers (UD primers) only Naked pallets do that to my eyes.

Another palette I'm surprised I haven't reviewed yet!

Naked 1 is one of the most popular neutral palettes on the market. It's a starter palette for many people getting into makeup and a staple product for many makeup lovers. This was my second more expensive palette (the original Too Faced Natural eyes palette was my first). I've had this and used this for years now. I have pan on a couple shades. Naked 1 has strong pigmentation and stays on all day.

I use Virgin (good inner corner highlight)
Sin (pink champagne)
Naked (light matte brown)
Buck (very warm matte brown)
Half baked (metallic gold)
Smog (mid tone bronze)
and Dark horse(dark shimmery brown) regularly.
My favorites are Naked and Half baked.

My biggest con with this palette is that I don't use all the shades. I neglect sidecar (which is a glittery) and the last four shades- toasted, hustle, creep and gunmetal. That’s 5 out of 12 I’m not using. Almost half the palette.

I feel like gunmetal was a weird choice to put in this palette. One shimmery, cool dark grey with a bunch of warm toned browns? I suppose it could work with creep for a smoky look...but I would want a lighter grey or silver to do more of a gradient smoky eye. So I do not like gunmetal in this palette. I also think creep should have been replaced by a dark matte black. I do use this color to darken the outer v or set liner.
In addition it's worth noting there is not a matte brow bone color. The only two mattes are Naked and buck.

I like this palette. I've been using it more lately as it's one of my older palettes. I have low-key thought about doing a pan that palette with this but that's a big undertaking. From using this daily for a while I can't say confidently that I would repurchase. I have other neutral palettes that have similar colors. I do like this palette overall and the looks I get with it.

Do you need it? Depends on how important mattes are to you and what colors you are looking for. Swatch in store if you can to really get an idea if it's for you.

on 8/25/2016 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is GORGEOUS. I tried Urban Decay eyeshadows and now I can never go back. I just can't. They are definitely worth the hype, particularly this palette. Ridiculously expensive here in Australia, and yet its one those products I am willing to cough up for, even though initially I felt like a moron paying that much for eye-shadow -I'm glad I bought it.Has totally changed the way my eye make-up looks in a drastically positive direction.

on 8/28/2016 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

To be fair I had found Too Faced before I even came across Urban Decay's Naked palettes and Kat Von D after. What's sad for me is after using KVD and TF I can't seem to fall in love with any of the UD palettes.

The colours in the original are better than UD3 but there are too many shimmers and so you can't use this independently. I also find that the colours don't translate on the eyelids as pigmented as I would like, and so I have to try and put in multiple layers which I just don't have time for.

It may be personal preference, but when I play around with these and compare them with other highend palettes, I notice the lack of luster in the colours and the extensive fall out (which makes me feel like I'm wasting product).

With so many others to compete with, unfortunately I just don't want to reach for these shadows as often.

This palette is simply GORGEOUS! The packaging is very elegant with a velvet texture and a mirror inside. The product itself is even better. 12 beautiful, highly pigmented a well blendable eye shadows which in my opinion must suit absolutely all types of skin tone regardless the undertones. The colours are neutral and thus suitable for everyday usage, although the palette also includes some darker tones ideal for special occasions when you want to rock that smokey eye. Another great thing about the palette is the double-sided brush that comes with it. The bristles are very soft, yet dense and allow to blend the eyeshadows flawlessly. The only drawback would be the price, but I guess it's still worth it.

on 8/30/2016 1:53:00 PM

This was my first high-end palette, and i still love it so much. I think it's a great palette if you want to start using eye shadows and practice your technique. You will be able to achieve a lot of different looks with the colors and finishes of the eye-shadows in the palette. I think the colors will suit a lot of skin tones and occasions, and probably even if you get more eye shadows you will come back to the naked 1 every once in a while.
The only thing i don't like that much about naked palettes is the fact that they don't include enough matte eye shadows, having a hooded eyes i really need to built darkness in my crease with matte colors. But i think that is really fixable by using face powder products for example.

on 7/23/2016 5:16:00 AM

The pigmentation in this is fantastic and lasts the entire day. There are mattes and shimmers, and to be honest the gold and toasted shades are just so so divine that I would have purchased the entire palette just for those two colours.

Price wise, it was exy. More expensive because I bought it off Mecca who rip off their customers, The US users get a better deal for their cosmetics so I'd say it would be value for money if you bought it over there.

Anyway back to the palette. Good quality, fantastic range, and all colours that I would use day and night. Love it.

on 8/9/2016 2:49:00 AM

This was my first ever high end eyeshadow palette and I haven't looked back since. I got this waaay back, around 4 years ago (kinda gross, I know) and I haven't even hit pan on any shadow. I use them quite often and I find that the quality of the shadows haven't deteriorated at all.

Formula wise, this is perhaps one of the best formulas out there. Everyone probably has this palette already or has started with this when getting into makeup- the hype is real. Most of the colors are warm toned and would suit a variety of skin tones. My favorites would have to be Half Baked, Naked and Buck all used at the same time. They blend extremely well and have excellent wear time (most especially with primer). Out of all the Naked palettes this is my must have and one true love. The quality of the product makes it well worth it.

Packaging, however, is another thing to be desired. I'm very particular about my makeup's packaging and I constantly make an effort to keep my tools clean. This palette's velvety exterior however is a magnet for lint and dust.

Aside from that, I fully recommend this palette if you are a beginner and want to start getting into makeup.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I unwrapped this last year at Christmas and I was absolutely speechless. I didn't think I'd ever be holding my very own Naked palette in my hands. The velvet case is such a luxurious element. I ran around the house to make everyone feel it, lol. I love the eyeshadows themselves. They're creamy, easy to blend, and the color payoff is fantastic. They stay all day with a good primer. I love using Virgin on my browbone, as it's a very soft and unnoticeable color: an off white/cream with a hint of shimmer. My favorite shadow in this palette has to be Sidecar, a light beige-brown with a fine shimmer finish. I love how cool toned it is, then again, I'm a bit of a sucker for beige. I use it on the inner half of my lids when doing a smokey eye. No matter what palettes I'm using, Sidecar is almost always used in my smokeys. I'm starting to like Buck a lot too. It goes on way darker than it looks in the palette, at least for me. I use it as a crease color, and sometimes as a gradient with other colors. Sin is like a lighter Sidecar, but it's more of a champagne color. It looks amazing on the inner lid with Toasted on the outer lid. It gives a nice, natural pop of color without being too light. All these colors look amazing together. UD did an amazing job calibrating the shades. I use my Naked Palette all the time and I am never disappointed.

on 7/24/2016 12:45:00 PM

I've had this palette for a while now and it's still my go to for daily use. The shades are all wearable, either as shadow or liner, and the quality is lovely. My everyday look at the moment is Naked on the lid, Buck in the crease, Virgin as a brow bone highlight, and Darkhorse as a subtle liner. If I want to add more dimension or shimmer, I'll put a little Sin or Sidecar in the centre of the lid. I will say that sidecar is better off used wet and with tissue paper under the eye as it does tend to have some glitter fallout.
For a quick look, Toasted is beautiful as a standalone shade.

Even though I use this palette regularly and have been for some time now, I have yet to hit pan. It may seem expensive but it's worth it for the amount of good quality product you get.

The only complaint I have is the flocked outer packaging. Dirt and dust cling to it and the lettering rubs off easily when you try to clean it. It does look nice though.

All that said, I won't repurchase when I'm done with this. It's been wonderful, but a girl can only use the same 12 shadows for so long!