wet n wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Quad - Walking on Eggshells

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

My favourite Wet 'n' Wild trio and actually, my favourite every day palette ever.

I find that these crease a bit too soon for my liking (5 hours) but that's easily remedied with a primer. I like the white NYX one in the little pot.

This is perfect for a light wash of colour and definition on the eye, and completely fool-proof when you're in a rush. I use my fingers - the bottom shade gets smeared all over the eyelid and then I put the darker one up to about where my iris starts, and just above my crease. I never use the top shade on myself. These shadows are so creamy that blending with a clean finger still looks lovely.

The peachy bottom shade is also my HG highlighter when lightly tapped on with a finger (I'm just a hair lighter than NW15). Somehow, although it's very shimmery, the glitter particles are barely perceptible. I've included a very zoomed in, untouched picture because I feel more people need to get on this train! I've used the shadows as highlighters on very dark skin too, with beautiful results. Up to about NC/NW30 you can get away with just the top or bottom shades, but from then on I like to use the darkest shade as a base highlight in varying intensity and add the lighter ones on top. They look too ashy otherwise.

I love this little trio and will continue to buy it for as long as it's being produced. Cheap, great quality, and looks good on literally everybody. This is the epitome of Good Makeup.

on 3/30/2016 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very good product, especially for the price. Worth every penny. As many others have said before me, these eyeshadows are buttery, pigmented, easy to blend and generally pleasant to use. I plan on investing on more WnW eyeshadows, as the quality is stunning for the price.
You often get what you pay for with makeup, but not in this case. My only gripe is the packaging; I find the case harder to open than it should be.

on 3/30/2016 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love this stuff. Super cheap, buttery, pigmented - all you could wish for from an eyeshadow. I use these daily. I adore the lighter shades, but find I dont use the brown as much as I prefer matte crease colours. The brow bone shade doubles as a FANTASTIC cheek highlight too!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Really cheap, and it's my daily trio shadow. I would definitely buy this again if I lose this.

I have alot if palettes but I've used this daily for the last year for the highlighter and pink. I love using this for the browbone and the pink for the center to make the eyes pop or a transition color. I also would use the brown when I would take my makeup to work when I was running late I would just run it across the crease of depth. I would pack this and use all three and get superior results in lazy sleepy bathroom applications. This, colorstay whipped, and mascara...good to go. Lol but I use this when doing my makeup good, and I love the white. It's one of the best ever and it's dirt cheap, it's shimmery but not disco kind but one the reflects light subtly it's so good for the browbone....I use the under urban decay primer, last eight hours, finely milled, good soft texture and pigmentation. The packaging is cheap hasn't broke on me or anything.

on 3/16/2016 9:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

These are really nice eyeshadows, even compared to more expensive brands. They apply smoothly, are pigmented, blend easily and don't crease. I don't reach for this one often, I guess the shades in this one just don't wow me. Either way it's a great trio of shadows. I personally would not repurchase but I did put my rating here as a "would repurchase" since it's certainly worth owning but the shades are just not my fav for some reason.

Oh and apparently these shades are a dupe for UD's Smog, Sin and Virgin.

on 3/1/2016 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My only experience with Wet n wild was from years and years back, when I picked up some of their products that happened to be complete misses. I thought that was just the quality of the brand and never really went near them again. That was, until I decided to go cruelty free and saw the brand being mentioned again and again as inexpensive and with a lot of good products. Finally I caved and got this, after hearing it was such a good Mac dupe again and again. I couldn't have been more shocked when I opened this and swatched it. (I think I might even have let out a terribly dramatic gasp!) It's like silk against the pad of your finger, and it swatches beautifully. Now I've only ever used this with a primer (because no eye shadow stays put on my oily lids without it), but it stays on and looks beautiful all day long. I'm usually all for applying eye shadow with brushes, especially as to contaminate the shadows as little as possible. But with this one I find myself wanting to make an exception, simply because of the lovely texture and formula of the shadows. I will definitely buy more of these in the future. Not all their trios are vegan, but this one is!

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Amazing texture, no fallout etc. One of my favorite eye make up products and totally lives up to the hype. A bargain to boot!

on 11/26/2015 1:42:00 PM

I give this 4-4.5 out of 5

This makes for a really pretty everyday eye look. I supplement this with a matte peach eyeshadow in the crease to get the look I want, because I always need some matte in my eye looks and this trio is entirely frost/shimmer.

I kinda disagree with the reviews praising the pigmentation of this. I feel that the top 2 shadows show up true to the way they appear in the pan, but the bottom shadow does not appear as peachy as it does in the pan. Instead it goes on as more of a pale champagne color. It's still pretty, but not the beautiful peachy-pink it appears in the pan. You would have to use it over a pink base in order to make the pink tones come out, I think.

Otherwise these shadows apply evenly with minimal fall-out, and are extremely blendable. In my opinion this is probably one of the eyeshadow products available at the drugstore.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

The pigmentation on these is insane!!! I created an every day eye look with this and it didn't even take me 10 minutes to do so. I did a first impressions on camera, and I have to say I am SUPER pleased with this trio. The formula is super creamy to the touch, no fallout, very pigmented, I didn't even have to wear a primer underneath these shades, the highlight colors are even more pigmented than the ones in my high end palettes. WIN!