Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

3.9

on 8/19/2010 12:42:00 PM

Pink Sugar Sensual is nice but it does not have the pizzaz the original Pink Sugar has. While Pink Sugar is all about cotton candy, candied apples, caramel, and having fun Pink Sugar Sensual loses some of the candyish scent. It's still a carnival type scent but its toned down a little. Upon initial spritz you definitely detect a heavy sugar note but that goes away soon and you are left with a wonderful, billowey scent of vanilla. I was wearing this one day and i was sitting out on my front porch and all of a sudden i got bursts of a wonderful vanilla scent all around me and it made me think of cotton ball clouds in the sky. Cute little scent.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pink Sugar Sensual was one of those "I MUST HAVE THIS" perfumes! I smelled it at Sephora, and sprayed it on, and couldn't stop thinking about it all day and all night long, especially when I returned to work from my lunch break after sampling it, and at least 3 people told me I smelled amazing and what was I wearing?! Thats when I returned the next day to buy my very own bottle. It has a slight Pink Sugar reminiscence, but with an exotic fruity twist to it. More sophisticated?Hard to explain- I'm not good at analyzing scents like some are on here :) All I know is, it's my current favorite, and I can't get enough!! I also fell for the packaging, too, which comes in a cylindrical casing (like the original) except this is all pale pink but with a gorgeous black lace wrapping imprinted on it. My bf says I smell "intoxicating" and he can smell me in his car after I've been in it and he LOVES that. Totally chic. Delicious.

on 7/23/2010 7:53:00 PM

I recieved a generous sample of this from Sephora and expected to dislike it because I'm 44 years old and don't like "sweet" fragrances...the original Pink Sugar was a nightmare to me way too cotton candy and "little girly" for me, though to be fair I never tried it on I just sniffed it from the bottle. I really like this for my more mellow days it IS a sweetish fragrance at first and bursts with red berries when I first spray it on but mellows down to a nice comfortable vanilla on me. I'll probably invest in a bottle if my husband likes it, 2 of my kids liked it though. :o)

Update: I finally actually tried Pink Sugar (original) on my wrist and LOVED it even more than PSS!!!

Updated Update: (Oct 14, 2010) I spritzed PSS on last night after not wearing it for awhile and it was just too citrusy for me, kinda made me gag....I'm still loving regular old Pink Sugar though!

on 7/2/2010 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I gave this an overall rating of 4, because I expected some Wowza factor! Even though, there was no eye opening experience, Pink Sugar or Pink SUGAHHHH, as I call it, lol;p, sends me into a headache, vanilla cloying,and sugared frenzy angst, Sensual will be something I will GLADLY put into my vast collection of smellies!
There is a distinct difference, it has been described as the "older sister" of Pink Sugar, and I can smell exactly why that is! I sprayed it as soon as I received it today, couldn't wait! The opening was a strange but yet, enjoying experience licorice and fruit, very citrus but dark. And I am NOT a citrus liker, nor a lover. Nothing was cloying, overpowering, and at first I thought, it's a Tide scrubber...... and then it happened, it changed into this soft licorice, with everything I HATED about Pink SUGAH....I was expecting...the headache.
The headache never happened, there was no headache, just yummimess, a great big SURPRISE, vanilla, sugar, and fig...it was understated, soft, and something I could wear into my classroom! Usually, kids will tell you if it stinks,or they approve....lol;p! And I could foresee this as a keeper! All of my vanilla lotions:Vanilla Lace, Vanilla Noir, Warm Vanilla Sugar, foryournose.com, and lunableu.com products, will work with this. And the reason, I mentioned this to you about all the products, is it's versatility. I NEVER wear fragrance, unless I enjoy it.
I adore licorice, vanilla, and citrus together, the experience was not as mesmerizing as another perfume, Lolita Lempicka original, but there are some similiarities in the notes of both perfumes. It's not as sweet as Lempicka's note of licorice and citrus. And on me, Lempicka is WONDERFUL, but Sensual is a great sugar based scent with a mellow licorice note.
I just hope Aquolina doesn't make this a flanker in the line...yes, it could be better with the dark factor, a little more long wearing, but geez it's yummy! If you are like me and get the sneezes, tummy aches, and general thought, "Where's my Tide, so I scan start srubbing?"from the Pink Sugar Original, Sensual is the Aquolina fragrance for YOU!

I was so excited to try this new version of pink sugar. I got a sample from Sephora and all I can say is it smells just like Fantasy by Brittany Spears, which I am not a fan of. Needless to say, I will be sticking to the original pink sugar.

on 7/5/2010 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

love the fragrance. like a grown up version of pink sugar. very enticing.

on 5/15/2010 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I picked this up on a whim at Sephora. I love the original Pink Sugar, and was intrigued by this version. When I put it on, my friend immediately said "that is SO you!" so I bought it. To me it smells a little like Britney Spears Fantasy and Lulu Guinness Cast A Spell. I really like it so far, it is a grown up version of PS, my husband said it's more womanly. I get the sweetness of PS with a little more musk. It's a deeper scent. It lasts longer than the original PS and I have to go lighter on application. I love that these fragrances are so affordable!

on 6/14/2010 1:04:00 PM

I am shocked that I am as impressed with this fragrance as I am. I have been waiting for its state-side release, and as soon as I saw it, I had to have it. Although I am NOT a huge fan of this perfumes younger sister (the original Pink Sugar) I smell the similarities between this perfume and that...but the Sensual version has a much larger floral aspect. Wearing the scent for about 3hrs at this point - I am picking up a soapy fresh clean (perhaps the orange blossom?) note as well. Not tooth-achingly sweet like the original in its drydown. Very happy and quite impressed.

I could barely wait for the State-side release of PSS. I am in the cult of Pink Sugar the original, although one wouldn't guess it considering my age. To me, the original has the irresistible cotton candy and luscious vanilla quality but also a dark side. So I felt justified, or at the very least excused for wearing it. Delicious.

So when I heard of the more mature version Sensual, I was very excited. I almost went as far as ordering it from Europe unsniffed. Well, thank goodness I didn't. I agree with the poster from Spain (whose post ultimately stopped me from buying--thank you!) that this is an unexciting fruity floral. Unfortunately, on me it quickly degenerated into an sort of stale almond scent that at worst was rather unpleasant and at best--very dull. I suspect a weird permutation of the jasmine note for being responsible for that stale quality. I didn't quite catch the watermelon but plenty of fruit in the top notes. Not for me. Try again, Aquolina!

Notes per Sephora:
Black Currant, Tangerine, Bergamot, Orange Flower, Jasmine, Tiare Flower, Vanilla, Black Sugar, Sandalwood.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

For my taste is better than the original Pink Sugar, wich is pure sugar-caramel scent to me.
Pink Sugar Sensual is still a sugary scent, but with a lot of exotic fruity undertones. I loooove it!
Packiging is cute too. ♥