E.L.F. Studio Complexion Brush

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/31/2014 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This brush from ELF is really the bomb. Not only is it cheap, it does not shed and it feels so smooth on the skin. It is a value for money brush. Would definitely repurchase should I feel the need for an extra face brush along my other 4 face/powder/blush brushes. Haha!

on 5/29/2014 8:47:00 AM

I can't believe I've only tried this now. I have the tom ford blush brush, bobbi brown blush brush and the real techniques blush brush. I like all of them but lately I noticed my Bobbi brown feels a bit stratchy and up my TF seems too expensive to abuse. For everyday I notice I use more of the real techniques one, its soft enough and I don't feel I have to baby it as much so I decided to try an elf brush. I don't feel one should pay a lot for synthetic brushes so I decided to try elf and I'm so glad I did. It is seriously the softest. If you like big fluffy blush brushes, this is a great choice. It is the least dense blush brush I have but not too much that it does not pick up product. It is almost the same size as the bobbi brown. It washes well and dries fast, I hate when synthetic brushes take forever to dry. The packaging is fine, it does not look really cheap. I can defintely travel with this, abuse it and not be too careful with it.

I will definitely try more elf brushes in the future. One thing I cannot answer is the longevity. So far I haven't experience any shedding or bleeding, only time will tell but I've bought a $30+ brush and it shed like crazy, a $3 brush is less annoying than a $30 one. If it does last a while I would definitely get back ups of this brush because I travel so much and I abuse my brushes, I drop them, I'm heavy handed with my blush, I wash them with bar soap. I feel brushes shouldn't be babied too much, I can't be bothered with buying brush cleaners, this one washes well and has kept it's shape, I hope I will enjoy other styles as much as I like this one.

on 5/27/2014 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This brush is half decent. I use it to apply finishing powder and for the price it's worth it. I find the bristles are too spaced out and not dense enough to do too much.

on 5/22/2014 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favorite powder brush! It's so soft and it gets just the right amount of powder on without making my face look super cakey. Awesome job, E.L.F.! This, my studio eyeshadow "C" brush and my studio powder brush are staples of my makeup bag.

on 5/16/2014 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my favourite elf brush (yes I prefer this over the elf powder brush) I use this brush to apply my loose powder and my pressed powders, and I love the finish it gives it is also soooo soft and easy to clean. I bought a second one just to keep for back up because they are so cheap you can't go wrong for $3. Give it a chance you will love it.

on 5/11/2014 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush! The first drugstore brush that didn't break me out. I was about to purchase the E.L.F Studio Blush Brush but when they were out of stock on the day I wanted it. The lady suggested this if I was gonna use it for blush. I was hesitant but bought it anyways!

It's been a year and I still love how much product it picks up. Does not shed or bleed whenever I wash. My only concern is how to keep it sanitary since it's packaging is merely plastic. Oh well. Still good.

on 3/8/2014 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This brush Is so soft.......I use it for bronzer, powder, blush it works great.

This is an OK brush for me. Yes, it's super soft but otherwise nothing revolutionary. I tried it with both loose and compact setting powder, and thought it paled in comparison to my other brushes. The finish always seemed a little more powdery and little less polished. I think this would make a great highlighter brush though, like for dusting on shimmer powder.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm in love with this brush. Flawless finish with my creme foundation every time. It really does smooth and blend out my look. The brush never sheds and like any brush, if you clean it regularly it can last forever! I also love how the bristles are SO soft!! As for three bucks? You just can't bet it, I'll probably have to buy a few more just for backup!

on 1/23/2014 9:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this brush! It's so soft, which is important on my sensitive skin, and it works well too. I mainly use it to apply translucent powder and occasionally powder foundation. It brushes over my face with no irritation and seems to distribute product well.

Popular Makeup Brushes