Lancome Star Bronzer Bronzing Powder

Lancome Star Bronzer Bronzing Powder

3.8

ACTIVE: Octinoxate 7.5% INACTIVE: Calcium Carbonate, Silica, Calcium Sulfate, Isocetyl Stearate, Magnesium Stearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Alumina, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol Acetate, Caprylol Glycol. May contain: Mica, Beta-Carotene, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

on 11/26/2004 10:49:00 AM

I was horrified by the sheer size when a girlfriend whipped this out of her m/u bag along with the matching brush. I was skeptical since I seem to be too pale for many bronzers (MAC, Laguna). This one, though, was lovely. Even the weirdly shaped brush did well!
Reviewers seem to have moms wiping this off. I'm honestly not sure what my mom would think. And I have no idea what this would do when layered with fdnt & translucent powder you don't need. I do know that on just concealer and Studio Fix this was lovely. I'm not the biggest fan of Lancome, and I probably never would never have bought this, but now I think I might give Lancome a shot. continued >>

I think this is a great bronzer best that I have found. I do work at a Lancome counter and I do know every time I do someones make up I add a little of this bronzer and 95% of the time the customer buys it! I would never recommend putting it all over the face just on the forehead, cheeks, and nose. It gives a beautiful healthy glow.

Sorry to all you die-hard fans out there, but this is no Holy Grail bronzer. First of all, I will admit that the packaging is copious and gives you a lot of product for your dollar, but I couldn't even fit this in a regular-sized makeup bag and that's a problem for a girl on the go. Second, even after applying this with a LIGHT hand and a large brush, the color was so orange and fake-bake it became embarrassing as time went on. It wasn't even the color that was so disturbing, but the way it clumped up in certain areas and wouldn't "tone down" even with pounds on translucent powder piled on it. It's a very stubborn product. Lastly, it's a completely unnatural color-- dark orange? EVERY TIME I used this my mother practically wiped it off my face in disgust. It's hard to believe I used this for a month! The only reason I'm giving it three stars is because 1) the packaging gives you a lot, and 2) when applied only on the cheekbones, it can give you a nice glow.

on 5/11/2004 7:53:00 PM

It looks really good when its on your cheeks, nose, and forehead because thats where th sun tans you first, but more then that is too much and you look orange and fake. I like how it has sparkles in it though, they look really nice in some lighting.

on 8/14/2004 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I love this bronzer. I am medium toned african american and the lancome color director chose this powder to use on me to set my makeup instead of regular pressed pwowder. Being that i dont need a tan, i never would think twice to look at bronzers. this powder brings out the red undertones on my skin and I have received compliments that my skin looks healthy. I love the light scent. the compact is HUGE ...should last up to a year. will definately purchase again!

on 7/28/2004 2:25:00 PM

I have to agree with almost everyone else....this bronzer will definately make you look ready for Halloween. This bronzer makes my skin turn a super glittery shade of dark orange, and after all the time spent putting it on, my mother wipes it right off! The brush is easy to use , but not worth it!!

on 2/2/2004 4:04:00 PM

I love #1 Dore. But the one that comes with the brush attached at the end. I found it very subtle for my light complexion and not like many bronzer which leave brownish-orangy streak behind, this one spread quiet evenly.

This bronzer is perfect on me only when I ALREADY have a slight tan. I've been using this product in the Australian summer and find that the minute my natural porcelain paleness starts showing, this bronzer tends to look orangey and blotchy. However when I am slightly tanned, this compact bronzer makes me look a radiant bronzed goddess!

There's a lot of product and so I think that this will last my mother and I a long time (we both use it for contouring and warming up the face and neck), but I'll probably want to try a new product after this one. The compact size is alright but I do find that the plastic packaging is bordering on tacky- it just feels flimsy... continued >>

on 1/21/2004 1:55:00 PM

Bleth! If you like you're face to look like a streaky orange sparkly disco ball...it's for you! Hated it... too shiny, made me breakout, all the hairs from the brush ended up on my face everytime I tried it. Way too much product came out everytime you hit the button. Nuff said, do yourself a favor and get EL or NARS. FYI, I'm reviewing the star bronzer that comes in the tube with the brush on the end (not the compact).

Yuck-too orange and brown for me-not at all natural-looking or highlighting. For the best value and a much better product-try Laura Geller's "bronze n brighten". The Lancome stuff is much too strong and chalky for me.