Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette
Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow paletteCoastal Scents 88 Ulta Shimmer Palette

4.1

on 12/4/2010 11:04:00 PM

Shipping for this was FAST. It came in a week! I love everything about this palette, the colours are AMAZING. I love trying out different looks because there are just infinite possibilities with all these colors! LOVE IT

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Good selection of colors, but most of them are very chalky, I use very high quality brushes to make these eyeshadows work.

on 11/2/2010 2:41:00 AM

I really wanted to love this, but I just like it... it's best to use a primer and wet brush to un-chalk some of these, and to keep the color. A dry brush, just turns into a fall out disaster, and well, it makes the colors more worth it. The exterior of the packaging is nice, and shows matte. The inside is just as nice, but I fear the eyeshadow pots might come loose. Packaging was nice, my brushes had come in pink tissue paper, I was given a free sample eyeshadow, and the eyeshadow palette had tissue paper and bubble wrap, making it's trip safe.

Overall, I'd say it's worth it, if my suggestions are used. Otherwise, it can pass off for children make-up. So, it's really 50/50.

on 10/5/2010 5:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this palette from someone who bought it on a website and got a second one after some damages to the first one. I payed it ridicolously low, because of this, something like 6$ incl. shipping. the palette arrived in perfect conditions. In the beginning I did not really like it. I thought the colors were definetly TOO frosty and shimmery, and too "teenager" like. then I started learning how to use them, blend them properly, and now I have to say it's one of my favourite products for day and night looks. of course for the day I stick with more neutral colors, bronze, golden, browns... but for the night I can do crazy looks with pink or purple, bright greens, and lots of colors I would never buy in single eyeshadows.
I have to say it took me some time to appreciate it, but now I could not live without it! some colors are really beautiful, and I like it much more than the 120 colors.
I think I will purchase soon the 88warm color, as a daily makeup product. all in all I really love this product, it's so cheap and the colors are really pigmented. as other girls said, is just a must-have.

on 10/27/2010 9:42:00 AM

I love the colors! Very beautiful and vibrant. The eye shadow glides on smoothly and it gives it a nice touch. I think I bought it for less than 15 bucks. I don't remember where I got it from. But it is worth it. The packaging was nicely done. The colors do promise to give what it shows.
However the only thing I don't like is that the amount of eye shadows are small and they do come out of there hole when the palette has been moved around. So be careful when you open it or else you might drop and waste a good eye shadow color on the floor. I need to super glue mine, but I've been too lazy. I'd definately will buy it again. But not for a long time since this product will last me a while.

on 11/24/2010 8:24:00 PM

Firstly, I think that this is a great deal. So:

CONS:
- there are some eyeshadows that are very similar
- there are a few that apply pretty badly,
(but I feel like for the price, and for the amount of colours that you get, it's well worth it)
- this is NOT a con for this set so far, but one of the matte shadows from the regular 88 colour palette stained by lid.. and the stain lasted about a day ( and the worst part was that the colour that stained was a pink.. pink stain around my eyes.. fantastic haha I looked diseased). So I thought it's worth mentioning, maybe these might stain? I haven't had that happen yet though.

PROS:
- lots of shades to choose from
- most are pretty bright and they provide lots of shimmer
- most apply well, little fallout
- can be applied wet ( it doesn't say so on their website, but I did it and I thought it looked nice, intensifies the colour)

Overall, I think it's great. Lots of colours to play with, and even though some look similar, for the price, it's a very good deal. The packaging is a little flimsy, but you just have to be careful with it and it's fine.. it's way too big to take with you daily anyway, so when they're sitting on my dresser at home, no problems.

Mine were shipped all the way to Canada, and they did not break at all.

Hope this helps!
I've also posted pics of two looks I did with the set.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

PALETTE: $19.95
Coastal Scents 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette

PROS
-Pigmented!
-Cheap!
-Doesn't fade
-Blends beautifully!

Recommendation: For everyone on a budget!

on 9/18/2010 11:37:00 AM

I'm going to be a total hypocrite for this review. I normally hate, hate, hate shimmery/glittery shadows, but this pallette somewhat changed my mind.

I have the regular 88 color pallette and I use the shimmer one more. THe colors are beautiful and blend much better than the matte shades in the other pallette.

I don't use this as much as I should, but the colors are pretty crazy and you can't really wear them on a daily basis.

on 8/24/2010 11:20:00 PM

I love this palette! I have this one and the 88 matte palette and I love them both! There is just so many colors in this and I've had it so long and haven't even begun to use it up yet! It is really pigmented also, for what you pay for! I mean its pretty cheap for all the colors you get! I mean yes, it can be a little chalky but come on, for under 20 bucks for 88 colors it is a great buy! I apply mine with UDPP and it stays on all day! I think if you like shimmer (like me!) then this is a great product! If you like more matte colors then there is a matte palette also! I got both so I could mix them together!

on 10/5/2010 11:43:00 AM

Affordable, easy to layer and work with, and really that is all I ask for when I do make-up. It certainly is not MAC or Chanel but it does it's job and lasts through the day. I prefer to use a neutral eyeshadow base on my clients prior to applying shadow and I like to use this shimmer palette as highlighters on top of matte shadows.