Acne.org AHA+

Acne.org AHA+
AHA+

4.3

on 3/29/2012 9:00:00 PM

My skin responds well to AHAs...I like this one, it's cheap and works well & it lasts forever. the only thing I don't like is the tube, the lotion gooks up in the cap & product gets wasted.

on 3/26/2012 11:45:00 AM

I don't know what it was about this product that I just could not use it. I know people said it stings a bit when applying but my face literally was burning. I dealt with it and it stopped after a little but I would wake up greasy and oily. I didn't apply a lot, I applied about a pea sized amount to my whole face. I couldn't use it any longer than a few days. It was making me way too greasy and wasn't worth the burning feeling.

on 3/18/2012 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Best decision I ever made for my skin. I was using the benzoyl peroxide treatment for a couple years. It treated my acne but didn't treat scars or dark spots. My skin was clear but red. The aha calmed my skin. When I first applied it, my skin itched. After a week I saw major results. No more redness. All I wear on a daily basis is tarte smooth operator tinted moisturizer and bronzer. No more heavy foundation or powder foundation.

on 2/27/2012 8:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product is wonderful by itself or combined with the benzoyl peroxide. If you combine it with the bp, you will seriously nuke your acne. I only use this intermittently, but it always delivers fantastic results. If you have any raw areas on your face (or fingers), it will sting for a moment but will subside. You can also use it even if you have dry places due to the licorice (Licochalcone), which soothes.

This product has made the difference for me from constant breakouts to silky smooth skin. I am just sorry that I did not discover AHA+ when I was in my teens and going through the worst of my acne.
My experience with this product went like this: by day 2 I had noticeably smoother skin (less blackheads). After 1 and a half weeks my skin started purging- not pimples exactly but little whiteheads on my chin and forehead. These cleared up almost as soon as they came. I guess the AHA was just getting rid of all of the gunk that was already in my pores. This lasted only a few days and I havent looked back since. I have been using it for over six months, and these have been the best six months I have ever had in terms of my skin. I can not rave about this product enough. I will continue to repurchase for as long as I live!!

on 1/7/2012 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Love it love it love it. I use it more often than usually recommended- nearly daily before bed. It has cleared up my blackhead-ridden nose almost completely, and stops a breakout in its tracks. My normally red, splotchy skin evens out quite a bit when I'm religious about using it. The smell is okay and the packaging is a bit meh, but I wouldn't give it up for anything!

Edited to say that I JUST bought my second tube, after having used it for at least a year. You absolutely can't beat the price.

on 11/12/2011 11:06:00 AM

This is also a fabulous product. I has cleared up my acne as a spot treatment and on my back. I strongly recommend it. Othere AHA products were too irritating to my skin, and I think this one just absorbs better. The licorice extract really helps counteract AHA irritation, I think.

on 9/14/2011 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I purchased all of the acne.org products and they are great! I went off the pill and antibiotics and my skin went absolutely nuts and nothing I used would work as every other product for acne either irritated my skin too much or did absolutely nothing, it took about 2 months of using the acne.org products for my skin to settle down, I do still get a few blackheads and the occasional white head so this isn't an all out absolute cure (I don't think anything is) but I no longer have a face full of them with big painful blind pimples along my jawline and chin as I did before. I have been using the AHA cream for my chest and back morning and night and occasionally on my face. This is the only thing that I could get to work for my chest and back (I've found what works for my face doesn't work for my chest and back, my chest especially gets far to sensitive to anything I can regularly apply to my face), I can apply the AHA cream morning and night with no irritation which is such an incredibly rare thing for me, before I found this cream anything that I'd try would do hardly anything for my back and irritate the hell out of my chest (why I was blessed with such picky skin on different areas of my body baffles and annoys me). Anyhow it took about a month for my chest and back to clear with the AHA cream, I still apply it morning and night to keep it clear.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this product religiously! I've been using it for 2 years and I keep going back. I have persistent acne that I've managed to keep under control with BCP and AHA+.

This stuff lasts a really long time; you only need about a dime size amount for each application. I use it an night after I've washed my face.

I find that it does sting depending on whether or not I have active acne. Fortunately, that's not very often because this product in conjunction with BCP helps keep pimples at bay.

The only drawback is the smell & taste. Sometimes I accidentally get this in my mouth and it tastes pretty bad, but not bad enough that I would not purchase. The smell and color is kind of like a light mustard. I don't love it nor do I hate it.

I've tried convincing my friends who suffer from acne to use this, but a lot of people are scared of anything with the word "acid" in it. It's helped me so much that I really want all of my friends to try it so they can reap the benefits!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

i bought this along with the cleanser and the treatment and can i just say OH MY GOD. i had 5 cysts which, people with cystic acne know, are virtually impossible to clear up. i have been struggling with cystic acne for about 4-5 years now. i will NEVER use anything else again. this cleared everything up in literally 3 DAYS. seriously folks, give it a shot. i want to help other people because i know how hard having bad skin can be. the three (cleanser, treatment and this) together are seriously just amazing amazing amazing.