L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

I like mine a lot I have the color Plush.(120) That seems to be the msot famous one. I use a lip brush and I have hit pan so to say. It looks nice on my lips but I have very pigmented lips so its hard to see a color it makes my lips shiny and is good at moisturizing and it doesn't make my lips sticky. The price is all right. I think that it gives you a decent amount of product but I really wouldn't recomend using your finger to apply it.

on 7/28/2010 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I really like this product!! I have it in Plush (120). It smells so good & I like the little glass jar that it comes in, however, I wish it was a bit more product/bigger container. I would purchase this again and I would like to try another one, if I can ever find it!!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I got this in "Ripe" for 1.30 at Walgreen's which was a major deal. I probably wouldn't have payed full price when I could get the Korres lip butters at the same price. Paying 1.30, I feel like I didn't get what I payed for in terms of value. Its a VERY moisturizing lip balm. My lips are pretty pigmented so the color didn't show up that much but it showed up enough to where my lips looked healthier and juicier. I'll probably go back and get the bright red shade considering how cheap these are now :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love these! So far I have tried two colors, Succulent and Plush, and I love them. They aren't really pigmented, but they do give a hint of color to the lips (then again, the lack of obvious color may just be due to the fact that I have quite pigmented lips). They are smooth and moisturizing--you only need a tiny, tiny dab for the lips. I actually like the pot--it feels heavy, and as we all know, heavy=expensive ;). Brilliant product.

on 7/21/2010 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I really like these. In fact, I would go so far as to say Delectable is my HG drugstore gloss. And that is saying a lot because I rarely use anything from the drugstore. I picked up several of these recently for under $2.50 each. I got Ripe, Plush and Delectable. I can't say enough good things about Delectable. It is such a pretty deep pink fuschia color that is perfect with my neutral fair skintone. I can see myself wearing this color for any season, throughout the entire year.

I liked Ripe and Plush too, but mainly because of the scent/flavor. Ripe was a barely there orangey coral on me and Plush was just a very pale pink. I feel I get the "most bang for my buck" with Delectable because the color is noticeable but still subtle enough to wear everyday. The only real criticism I have is lasting power which isn't as long as my MAC lipglasses, thus the 4 lippies. I've bought mine at Target and Walgreens. If you can score some of these on clearance, you should try them!

This is a really fun product!! I love how its in a cute pot! I got the color ripe, which I really love. The balm is very glossy and adds a sheer tint to your lips which I really like to wear if Im wearing a more dramatic eye. Its super smooth,super moisturizing and not sticky, though it has a thicker consistency. OMG OMG I cannot resist the caramelly smeel-So scrumptious!!! The only reason I took away a lippie is because the shine lasts super short like 10 minutes, but the color stays. Also at the regular price of $8 its fairly expensive, but I got this for less than $3 from a sale at my local Walgreens!! Overall though it rocks!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This is sooo moisturizing, as soon as I apply my lips feel so plump and moist. I have pigmented lips so the colors hardly show up on me but thats okay. And of course, its in a jar so you have to stick your fingers in there all the time which is unsanitary. It also gives the lips a wet, juicy look which i love and it lasts a good 1-2 hours on me before I have to re-apply. Overall a great lip balm!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this in Delectable because it was the only one left..it was marked down for $2.50 at WalGreens on clearance and I figured, I'd try it (I refused to buy it for full price which was a ridiculous $10!). Wow..I wish I hadn't waited so long! It smells like cotton candy and the color is deep pink/red but on my lips it is a lovely deep pink that makes my lips look (as other reviewers have said)--JUICY! This has no shimmer at all and it feels nice and slick on my lips not sticky at all, which is a good thing for me, because I hate sticky glosses. The only downside is the pot, you have to stick your finger in it. When you're out and there isn't a napkin around, then you have to figure out where you can wipe the extra gloss off your finger! lol Other than that, I wish I could find some other colors..I would stock up, since this is obviously discontinued.

First, let me note that I set the price to 1=dirt cheap, because of the fact that I bought these on clearance. I paid $2 for Plush and $4 each for Succulent and Ripe. As much as I love these I honestly don't think I'd spend $10 (I think that's the actual retail price) for these, not when I got all 3 for that price & I am veryyyy cheap lol...

That being said, I freaking love these. They are soft, smooth, and have no glitter or anything so no grit! I don't mind glittery glosses, but these are a nice break from them. I wear these a lot at work because they're so easy to swipe on and doesn't look as high-maintenance as pulling out lipstick & gloss all the time. They also have a staining effect as they slowly dry on your lips: Succulent leaves a nice berryish tone, Ripe a corally tone, and Plush a pink tone. Love it. They're awesome, not much more to say!

I own this in the color plush, which is a really bright baby pink in the jar, and a nice subtle sheer pink on my lips. Around a month ago, at my local walgreens a ton of the HIP products were marked down and I got my lip jelly for around $2.50! I always pass right by the HIP display in the drugstore because its just too pricey for me. But I love this jelly. Its so smooth, even if my lips are chapped and flaky, i can slick this on and they feel like i just exfoliated them. The product is really wet looking and looks great on the lips. I have already made a huge dent in the jar, but I dont think ill buy this again though since they are normally around 10 dollars for a tiny little jar.