Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.7

100 silica

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My go to powder, totally worth the price because the product will last your forever

I bought this in a sample size after reading rave reviews. Unfortunately, the first day I tried this was before an out of town shopping trip. To my horror, when I went into a dressing room to try on a pair of jeans, I noticed about ten *really* red bumps scattered about my otherwise clear face. These weren't pimples, mind you, just red irritated dots.

I figured it was the powder, so I tried it again on a weekend when I didn't have to go out in public. The same thing happened. This product just wasn't for me.

I ended up giving it to a coworker who loves it, though.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is great. Kinda expensive, but the fine-milled silica does make a difference. I never thought to write a review because this is such a staple. I use it to set sunscreen and foundation so my face isn't oily, or to dust my t-zone when it's not cooperating and is an oil slick. Kinda blurs out imperfections but in a very soft-touch, forgiving way. No, your makeup won't look photoshopped, but your skin will look nicer overall. I don't take pictures with flash so I don't know if the whole ghost face thing is true! :P

Oh, and I've had this for like, 2 years and am just getting down to the last bit. Good value!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I completely forgot that I had this product in my makeup case. I just started using it again along with Sephora Anti-Shine Primer and I'm in love again! Because the powder is so white and can make my brown skin look ashy and dull, I put a bit on my brush and then mix it with my regular Bronze/Brown pressed powder for a perfect matte finish. I highly recommend this product if your face turns into an oil slick within minutes after applying make up. I can get a good 3-4 hours before I need to blot my face. Thumbs up!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Bar far the best powder I have ever used. Makes your skin feel like silk from when you put it on till when you take it off. A little powder goes a long way. Worth every penny and has been my go to powder since 2010!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This stuff is MAGIC. Sets my makeup nicely and keeps my face looking fresh all day, no matter how oily or sweaty I feel! I used it for the first time in the middle of a summer convention, when I usually have to blot the crap out of my face, but this stopped me from looking oily and gross! The only thing I find is the packaging makes it hard to use in moderation, I always end up with too much on my brush.

I dare say I am SHOCKED at the 66% rating on Makeup Alley! I totally thought this would be a HG for so many (it is a new HG for me).

So, you know how at Sephora you get "points" for every dollar you spend and then you can get little samples with the points? Well, one day the sample was this stuff so I got some.

What a smart move by Make Up Forever, because this is the kind of product that sells itself. It's like crack...give a makeup addict a taste and they will be back for more!

And I was! Before the whole sample was gone I ordered the big container and have loved it ever since. You only need a little and it sets your face and gives you a lovely matte finish.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have a very small jar of this (GWP) and keep refilling it with a larger full sized jar. It makes my make up bag simple and small. It works just fine in my T zone where I don't want shine and to set concealer.

I have dry skin and do not use it to absorb oil

A nice thin transparent powder. Found ELF to be the same (LOL)

Got in the sample size, still not done. Like the tiny container and keep it in my make up bag as it comes in handy and doesn't take up too much space.

I then can refill when done, probably will go with ELF

Before I begin with my review, let me just list the pros and cons of this product

Pros:
-versatile (I'll explain this down a little moreE)
-not cakey looking at all!
-does make skin look smoother and more poreless
-doesn't break me out
-improved container (there's a little stub on the top now that makes the powder less likely to fall everywhere when you open it)

Cons:
-price (damn, like 40 dollars a jar)
-highlights flakey/dry skin
-messy

I really REALLY like this product because it absorbs oil really well and does make my skin look a lot smoother. Not only that, but it's versatile. By versatility I mean, I put it under my eyes and dab a little bit on my mascara so it doesn't give me that panda rim LOL (I'm quite oil at times). It also works really well on lips if you want a matte lip but don't have a matte lipstick!

That being said, this powder DOES highlight flakey skin. Make sure you exfoliate everyday if using this. Despite that improved packaging, it's still very messy to use. As soon as I open/close the jar, tons of powder fall everywhere (perhaps it's inevitable?).

Overall, I do like this product a lot and would buy it again. The price, however, hurts me and my wallet deeply.

Thanks for reading! (:

i would say i love this product for daily used. .but not for special occasion where i have to take pictures..coz it does effect the pictures :(( my face look so white in some part and some part dark. .just horrible. ..i dont recommend this product for you who want to take picture esp with the blitz