wet n wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Quad - Walking on Eggshells

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/11/2010 10:54:00 PM

Love this trio, it's so beautiful. Yes, it's chalky, but look at the price of what you're buying, or more so, the company. Please note, I'm not a product snob. But, let's be real here, you can't compare wet n' wild to higher names. So it's best to judge it, on it's own. And on it's own, it's great. The fall out, is minimal and it mainly happens in the case. This particular color combination is beautiful, especially the eye shade. The highlight shade takes some excess swipes, the crease shade is 1 or 2 tries, and the eye shade is two swipes. It comes with a brush, and sponged eyeshadow tip.This is going to be a big go to, for me.

I've been trying to find a simple, pretty, light all over the lid color that I can just wear with some black eyeliner and mascara. FINALLY, I stumbled upon this one, and all the reviews were so great. I definitely agree with that everyone else has said:) Beautiful shadows! Unlike other drugstore eyeshadows, they are not chalky at all.. they are super smooth and they have this amazing sheen to them. My favorite color is the one on the very bottom. For $3.29, I just got 3 really pretty eyeshadows, and I don't think i'll be needing to purchase more anytime soon. Check them out =D

on 9/6/2010 2:46:00 PM

I bought this trio the other day at CVS. So far I'm loving it! The champagne shade is gorgeous and very shimmery. Might not be for you if you like shimmer, but I do. It's not over the top at all, just a pretty shimmer and great as an all-over color. The crease shade is a dark, nutty brown and I can use it for the crease and it works well for filling in my eyebrows. The highlight color is pretty good too. Packaging isn't great, but what can you expect from such a cheap brand? Packaging is probably the only downside to this product, though, so it's really no big deal.

This is a good eyeshadow, especially considering the price. Definitely worth the $2.99!

I noticed this new eyeshadow trio at my local grocery store & purchased it for $2.99. I had heard from beauty gurus on youtube that these were one of those low end beauty products that were good. They were right! All 3 colors (light neutral, medium brown, & peachy champagne) are pigmented, shimmery pretty, & soft. They work well with my blue eyes & last most of the day.

on 8/30/2010 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really wanted to love this product after all the glowing reviews here. Purchased 2 during the BOGOF promo at Kmart last week. Well, unfortunately these didn't work for me. I found I had to work too hard to get the colors to show up on my skintone(NC45). Also, there was lots of fallout before getting the product out of the container. So, sad to say these pallettes went straight back the next day. I do love the quad palletes though.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow!!! It's formula is like a department store, high end shadow, but it's super affordable. These colors are great for a natural every day look, but you could put way more on for a smokier/evening look too. They stay on, in some cases, better than high brands in my opinion. I have only tried walking on eggshells but I really want to try some other colors. The packaging doesn't give a huge amount of confidence, but as long as you aren't slamming it on the floor, you should be fine. Try these! they are so cheap, you can't lose!

I love this eyeshadow trio soo much! This was only $2.99 at walmart and that is dirt cheap! Pigmentation is amazing, I wore this to school without a eyelid primer and the color was still on! Perfect for everyday school neutral look.Love itt

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Wow, I'm really impressed with this eyeshadow! I got it for under 4 dollars, and the colors are beautiful. The top color is a shimmery cream color. The middle is a warm shimmery brown. The bottom color is a peachy champagne color. The shimmer isn't really glittery, it's more of a sheen. These eye shadows are really pigmented and easy to blend. They're more creamy than powdery. The lasting power is great with a primer. I can't wait to buy more wet n' wild eyeshadows!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I am surprised that I'm not impressed with this!
With all of the other really positive reviews, I thought this would be great. However, I find that this is really a poorly pigmented trio. I have been using the Color Icon single shadows and have been impressed - but these are not up to snuff like the singles, in my opinion.

The price is certainly right, but the quality is not. I didn't think I'd have to return something that was $3...but I'm thinking I will, on principle. It takes a lot for me to return something to the drugstore, especially something so low in value in this case, but I just don't see myself using this ever again.

As far as dupes go...
I would say that the top color is an OK dupe for something like MAC Dazzlelight - but is slightly lighter.
The middle color - is just a normal goldeny-brown...very average.
The lower color - I think is an OK dupe for MAC All That Glitters.

I'm obsessed with pinky-peachy-champagne nudes, so this palette is right up my alley - and I was very pleasant surprised with the quality, especially for such a dirt cheap product. There are three shades in the palette - a peachy-champagne lid color, a gorgeous medium brown crease color (another reviewer called it a "teddy bear brown" color, which is spot on), and a creamy, off-white highlight color. The texture of all three is buttery soft, and they're shimmery but not glittery or super frosty. The brown and cream are pretty richly pigmented; the lid shade is a bit less pigmented than I expected from swatching it, but it's still a beautiful color. The packaging is unremarkable but compact and it gets the job done.

This is really a perfect neutral/every day palette, it makes my brown eyes look bright and awake, even pre-coffee on a Monday morning. I'll be picking up a backup next time WnW goes on sale, because I anticipate getting a lot of mileage out of this one.