Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light
Garnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.6

on 6/5/2012 5:24:00 AM

I hated the original BB cream from Garnier, it was just a shiny greasy mess on my skin but this new formula for oily skin is amazing. It actually covers really well, lasts on my skin and doesn't go shiny or leave that greasy film on your skin. Its actually very matte which i like..i would rather add glow where i want it than try to remove glow ever few hours. You can build this up to a very good coverage without it looking thick or cakey. Its really very good.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

After being disappointed with the original formula of Garnier's BB cream, I decided to pick up the oil-free version in hopes that it would be kinder to my skin - my skin has never been sensitive and is combination/dry, but the original Garnier BB cream caused my face to break out, the scent was far too strong and I ended up looking like a pumpkin. Garnier's oil-free version is a very different animal - lighter scent, runnier formula, lighter color and far less moisturizing. Despite being kinder to my skin and wearing better than the original cream, I still ended up with an orange face after a few hours - and the cream transfered from my face onto everything - my collar, my cellphone, my fingers. I found this product unremarkable and with it's light coverage, low SPF and orange-leaning color, I won't repurchase.

on 5/19/2012 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am not a fan of the original Garnier BB cream - It's far too greasy for my oily skin and slid around my face like nobodies business during the course of the day, not to mention I looked like I'd just dipped my face in a chip pan.

This one, however, I love.

The formula is much more fluid and absorbs into my skin instantly. It dries to almost a powdery finish. I also find the coverage to be much better with this one and because it actually absorbs, it is way more buildable than the original. I've found that 2 or 3 thin layers, in the areas where I need a bit more help, gives a medium coverage.

I don't set this with a powder since the finish is already quite powdery, and it stays put relatively well. I do have to touch up a couple of times during the day but since I absolutely love the way it makes my skin feel, I'm happy to do that. The tube is long & thin, so it's much more convenient to keep in your bag than the original 'hand cream shaped' one was.

You do only get 40ml in this whereas the original is 50ml and it is the same price, however since it's far thinner in texture and easier to move around your face, you'll likely use less so it should last just as long.

Would definately recommend checking this out if you wanted to like the original but just found it too thick and greasy!