Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.4

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have to agree with Risa below. I have extremely blonde (invisible) lashes. I wanted a dramatic look and this mascara does the job. I get thick, black, sooty lashes that don't smudge (a common problem for me). Personally, I like this formula better than the original VE.

I got mine for $3 at Wal-Mart :-)

on 3/1/2004 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This just might be my HG mascara. I have tried soooo many mascaras..from YSL and Chanel to Cover Girl. You name it, I have probably tried it. I finally learned that waterproof versions work much better for me especially when it comes to holding curl.
I have very thin, blonde, short lashes that *need* mascara. I use my Shu curler, apply two coats of this and voila! I look like I have fake lashes on. Perfectly curled, pith black, full and LONG. I have not had any flaking or smearing, and the color stays black all day. I am just so thrilled with this product, and I have never been a fan of Maybelline mascaras in the past.

on 2/28/2004 5:08:00 PM

Well, I have tried to bring myself to like this new version, but I like the original better. I have a feeling that they are going to cancel the original version. This new formula is a 'gel-like' formula and it doesn't agree with my lashes. It's also a little more wet than the original so when I put it on it makes me look like I have 5 eyelashes. Overall, I just don't like it.

on 2/29/2004 12:54:00 AM

Since I swear that Maybelline has changed the formula of the original Volum Express, I could hardly wait to try this. This formula is a lot drier than the other Volum Express, which meant flaking and as far as building the lashes, I agree with the other girl here...the other formula works better. I wonder if this cold winter is doing something to the mascara's while it is being transported because NOTHING works anymore like it used too. I know when I sold Avon, my hand creams would actually come frozen in the cold winters then after they warmed up they would be okay, but if this happens to mascara, that may be a different story...have to wonder.

on 2/22/2004 10:58:00 PM

Just bought this. This only comes in Very Black so far, which I usually save for nights out for a more dramatic look; wish they made it in black-brown. Once on, this makes me look like I'm wearing fake eyelashes for an eye popping look that is reminiscent of the '60s a la Twiggy. Makes my eyes look soooo huge and vampy. However, I don't really see an appreciable difference between this and the regular Volum Express Waterproof or regular formulas, they all perform pretty much equally as far as adding that extra ooomph to your eyes!!!!!

Update: I hate this stuff! It is way too wet and makes my lashes look really stuck together and unnatural. They just look stiff and dried out. I know I raved about this before, but I have decided, with more use, that I don't like the effects. Will stick with my trusty Full n' Soft and Voluminous.

on 2/25/2004 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

I had such high hopes for this mascara. I wanted it to thicken yet look natural. After two coats I noticed that it coated *every* lash.. it also looked quite natural. However, it didn't look lush at all. The formula wrapped around the lashes & thickend it - a tad bit. I didn't see anything dramatic. IMO its more of a wetter version of Full&Soft but f&s lengthens better. I think i'll stick to F&S.. maybe apply this over it to get some use out of it.

on 2/17/2004 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the newest mascara from Maybeline that promises even more thickening power than the original Volum Express.

I have short, skimpy lashes, and I am so in love with this mascara. It gives me really long, thick, feathery-looking lashes with just 2 coats. As much as it thickens, it doesn't clump. The formula is not too dry, not too wet. So the look is lots of lashes, not lots of mascara on the lashes.

I can't speak to how well this mascara wears because I top it w/ Revlon Overtime Lash Tint, which makes everything wears like iron.

This is a nice mascara. Gives nice "oomph" to my lashes. I have to put about 2-3 coats to get the desired effect .. then again, I do that with pretty much all my mascaras cuz I love the drama lash! :) This is a nice mascara from Maybelline ...unlike Great Lash, but that's another story ...