Urban Decay NAKED3

Urban Decay NAKED3

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/15/2013 2:23:00 AM

This must be the most reviewed item here! I went into Sephora the day after this was released in Malaysia thinking it would already be sold out. Especially after I saw Sephora was taking pre orders! To my surprise Sephora had a whole stand dedicated to this one item and after searching it I bought my first Naked palette. The first 2, or any of UD's other palettes didn't strike me as something I couldn't live without, but I loved almost all of the colours in Naked3. I have green eyes and fair/medium skin and all of the colours in Naked3 compliment my tones. In fact, I can't think of anyone who wouldn't benefit from having this in their collection. The only colour I won't use is 'dust' because its very frosted and I'm just not a fan of overly frosted colours. There's shimmer/glitter, matte, light, dark and the one frosted colour. I think there's many day and might looks to be created with this. I usually use MUG eyeshadows but I bought the Naked3 for travelling. It's quite expensive but the colours are really beautiful and the packaging great. The dual ended brush that's included is also perfectly usable. I apply my NYX eyeshadow base underneath which serves as a primer and makes the colours more vibrant. All in all I'm very happy with my first Naked3 palette.

on 12/15/2013 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Beautiful colours! Great packaging, similar to Naked 2, but with the embossed metal decor. The shadows, (with the exception of Dust, which is beautiful but super chalky/flaky) were gorgeous and very pigmented. You definitely have to see it in person though, the pictures/videos don't do them justice. Trick, Liar, Mugshot, and Nooner are my favourites,very unusual colours. The brush is good quality (even if I never use them). I like that they come with four 1 week samples of the Primer Potions, I would've never tried them otherwise. All in all, another amazing palette from Urban Decay (as if anyone expected any less). A+++

on 12/14/2013 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

EDIT 8/14/14: I changed my buy again from "yes" to "no" because even though I love this, I'm not sure I really NEED it. It's beautiful, but I mainly bought it for my college graduation and for a simple/safe palette for interviews and the like. If I lost it I'd be PISSED because it was so expensive, lol. But I've found one or two other neutral palettes that are smaller and cheaper since buying this that would suffice should I ever lose Naked 3.

This is my first Naked palette, as well as my first palette from UD.

I was super impressed by how sturdy the packaging was! :O That case is no joke. The hinge feels really sturdy, too; I've had a few palettes that feel like they could break every time I opened and closed them.

Basically, Naked 1 seemed too bronze and Naked 2 seemed too taupe. No disrespect to either of those--but I swear for a year or so now I've been stumped as to how to find a "neutral" palette.

See the bronze-y shades are gorgeous, considering my eyes are brown, but sometimes they clash with my cooler-toned or neutral blush or lipstick...or just look weird when I'm wearing pink. The taupe and "greige" shadows can get muddy on me VERY fast.

So I'm like a NC15-20 I'd guess. Fiji in NARS Sheer Glow, usually the second or third shade in a drugstore foundation. BUT, though I'm warm toned, I'm also olive. I'm pale and yellow-toned but I have a definite green cast. So this palette worked VERY well for me as the rose/pink aspects balanced out the olive nicely.

The rose tones did a lot to bring that "romantic" look I've always coveted but could never replicate, and the gold tones are very light touches of gold--not overtly copper or orange. The darker shades have a sort of purple-plum base to them that gives them GORGEOUS depth without being too dark or muddy.

Overall this palette gave me a neutral look that is easy, adds dimension and definition to my eyes, but also brightens them, and doesn't make my skin seem dull or washed out. This is the first palette where I can achieve that "no makeup" look, if I want to, but can also be easily built up for more drama with very little effort.

I don't know that I can say "avoid this if you're X-toned" because it's really trial and error with this. Like, if you REALLY cannot handle ANY sort of lavender or dusty pink on your skin without looking crazy or sick, then avoid this, yeah.

on 12/14/2013 10:13:00 PM

Naked 3 is an absolutely gorgeous palette of mainly pinks, rose and gold. The pigmentation is great, the textures are soft and smooth, and they blend together beautifully. This is my favorite Naked palette yet. Naked 1 and 2 are great with their many golds and taupes and browns ... they're classic neutrals which I love and wear often. But Naked 3 has such lovely warm pastels. Very feminine yet still neutral. Gorgeous palette! Love it! The sparkely black shade (Blackheart) is to die for too! Beautiful as a liner and for dramatic contour.

on 12/14/2013 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 Chinese, yellow toned.

Initially the front half of the palette make me look like a pink eyed alcoholic... the natural redness of my waterlines were not helping. It's the dark shades that are the winner here, then topped w/ the front end sparkly shades am I learning to enjoy this palette. Darkside immediately is a new favorite outer v shade!

The combos are for my reference (or trying to dupe beautiful blog post looks), but I'm guessing several of you already own other similar colors if you wanted to try too. :)
1. Use pauple / taupe base as a wash (as light or as dark as you'd like), to layer with the pinks if the pinks alone are too jarring on the skin.
2. Makeupbox's "Deep Dark Pleather Plum" look: N3 Darkside (outer v) / MAC Satin Taupe (center) / N2 Verve (inner)

I have the first two naked palettes and was so excited when they had a 3rd come out. After waiting FOREVER for it to get back in stock I finally found it on ultas website. I was so excited for this until i opened it up and tried it. The colors don't really show up and some of the darker colors don't blend well. I'm pale skinned and i usually only wear neutrals. I was pretty disappointed and I've kept trying it hoping I will like it. I plan on returning it.

on 12/13/2013 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

A huge disappointment with the naked 3 palette. There was a lot of fall out with the shimmery colours and the lighter neutral ones did not show up on my skin tone. I was sad to see them package naked 3 the same way as they did with naked 2. The metal box doesn't look too classy and spoils easily. The colours were all exclusive which was not good news to me because I tend to use up my favourite colours first and would want to repurchase. The only redeeming factor in this palette was the darker shades at the other end of the palette. They were gorgeous and had good pigmentation as well. Blends easily but the point is kinda defeated with such horrible lighter shades in the palette. I'd recommend naked 1 instead of this.

on 12/12/2013 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Eyeshadows
Strange (pale neutral pink matte-satin)
Dust (pale metallic pink shimmer w/iridescent micro-glitter)
Burnout (light pinky-peach satin)
Limit (light dusty rose matte)
Buzz (metallic rose shimmer w/silver microglitter)
Trick (light metallic pinky-copper shimmer w/tonal microsparkle)
Nooner (medium pinky-brown matte)
Liar (medium metallic mauve shimmer)
Factory (pinky-brown satin)
Mugshot (metallic taupe shimmer w/slight pink shift)
Darkside (deep taupe-mauve satin)
Blackheart (smoky black matte w/rosy red microsparkle)
And a double-ended brush

These colors are absolutely gorgeous! I can see this palette working on most skin tones. It's not for someone that's looking to pull off dramatic eye looks, but rather for someone that wants softer neutrals. I've been waiting for UD to release something for a more subtle yet classy eye look and this fits the bill perfectly. For $52, you're getting great quality in this palette!
continued >>

on 12/12/2013 6:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Had to edit this review down a bit. Now when I use them, the colors seem to almost ball up on the lid, and fall all over! Never had this happen before, and this is happening WITH primer! My Naked 1 palette never did this. I suspect the quality had taken a hit while keeping the same price point :-(

Love, love, love! I like the first Naked palette, but this one is much more my style and I am so glad I bought it pre-release (online). I love pinky gold shades and this is full of them. There is not a dud in the bunch! As for the complaints regarding Dust - just apply it wet. It applies perfectly and lasts all day. Dust and Trick (a beautiful gold) seemed to have a film over them that might hinder application at first. Scratch off the top layer of those two and your problem is solved. I love the case, quality and the brush. Would repurchase in a heartbeat.

on 12/12/2013 4:56:00 PM

A sucker for eyeshadows and a fan of UD palettes, generally, I find this selection of shadows to be nice for my brown eyes with a good variety of mattes, satins and shimmers. (Not that I will use the shimmers as much ...) The matte pinky browns are really outstanding and I think this palette is one that can stand alone, unlike many others. I think this set of shadows is superior to the Lorac Unzipped palette (which I gave away) in that the color range is better and the type of shadows is more varied. NOT to be confused with my Lorac Pro palette which I LOVE....

I do admit that I find several of the lighter shades not as useable as some of the others - but that is true in almost any palette.

Overall, worth the money.

Popular Palettes