Thierry Mugler Alien Parfum

Thierry Mugler  Alien Parfum

4.4

on 7/4/2008 6:12:00 PM

Should really only be worn by just that, Aliens. It just comes on as a loud, screechy, tarty, boozy scent. The fact that the dry-down isn't half bad is a shame...I can't bring myself to wear it that long.

(Alien Prodigy Elixir Extrait de Parfum) Because Alien has become my current scent obsession, I have found myself going past the Mugler counter more frequently than usual to ogle the products. During my last visit I noticed a box in the Alien section which was not worded and had an intriguing picture of the trademark bottle with what appeared to be a large golden elongated-teardrop-shaped stem protruding from it. My curiosity got the best of me and I asked one of the SAs what it was. It turns out it was the parfum - silly me, I should have figured that out! Quite unexpectedly, the SA retrieved one from the showcase (box clearly marked demo only - not for sale) for me to sample. My heart skipped a beat as she dipped the long golden applicator wand into the wee rubber-gasket-lined hole in the little bottle (it was nearly full), extracted a rather generous amount and offered it out to me. I took the wand solemnly, ceremoniously, and stroked it against my wrist. I watched very closely as the clear fluid spread against and began to sink slowly into my skin, raised it to my excited nose and sniffed long and deep. My word, what a divine creation, such a true beauty, the concoction of a Mastermind (or two!). To my nose it is just like the EDP (of course) except the parfum skips over the opening blast and seemed to lean a bit more heavily on the jasmine-herb thing and slightly away from the cashmere woods. It was more than simply a pretty scent that aroused my senses, Alien Parfum embraced my very soul and filled it with absolute glorious satisfaction. Believe that I will own this. And soon. If you are among the few who appreciate the beauty of Alien, this is a must try.

Popular Fragrances