Palladio Rice Powder

Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

on 2/18/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Excellent oil blotting powder! Other than perhaps Kryolan Anti Shine, nothing has kept my very oily skin in check for much more than 2 hours. It has light to medium coverage so I use a little concealer for any marks but otherwise I can wear this on its own. Warm beige matches my NC40 skin well (it goes on fairly light but settles in after about 10 minutes and then blends darker). It smells of baby powder- in a good way- and keeps me oil free for about 4 or maybe 5 hours with a good base/primer underneath. The packaging isn't great as it goes everywhere when you pull the lid off but this isn't a problem for me as I just decant the powder into a smaller pot for my handbag. It's good value for money as well, very pleased!

Love this! Decent coverage for a loose powder, good oil control, and a nice natural finish.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Decent loose powder for the money, but this product doesn't have enough going for it for me to be willing to put up with the terrible, leaky packaging. This product has been leaking powder from the moment I took the protective outer tamper guard. Since the holes in the top of the sifter were still taped up at that point, I can only assume that the powder must have leaked around the sifter. I tried to minimize any future mess by only peeling off a third of the tape over the holes so I could reseal them between uses, but no luck. The powder sticks to the peeled back portion of the sticker, preventing it from resealing. So unless you store all of your makeup in a space where it can stay upright and undisturbed, this product is too messy to deal with.

As for the product itself, I found it to be good but not great. It's finely milled and soft, and if applied with a light hand, doesn't look cakey on or alter the color of my foundation. It doesn't cling to any of my dry patches either which is nice. It does a pretty good job setting my under eye concealer so that my mascara doesn't start to smudge by the end of the day, but over all I found its ability to control oil in my T-zone to be underwhelming. I find myself needing to blot after 4 hours and repowder my T-zone after 7, which isn't terrible, but isn't any better than most of the pressed powders I've tried that can do the same task with less mess.

Oh and this powder is pretty strongly scented. I don't mind as I don't find the fragrance (it smells like baby powder) offensive, but I imagine it wouldn't go over well with any one particularly sensitive to fragrant facial products.

Like any average lady, I've a very oily T-zone. I saw this at Ulta one day, upon reading the packaging, was immediately intrigued, whipped out my phone and read up on some reviews here on MUA, I was so stoked! It sounded awesome! Unfortunately, it did not work for me the way it works for other ladies. I wasn't too terribly disgruntled, as the price wasn't awful, and the packaging is awfully cute, though inconvenient. I discovered a way for this to work out in my favor though, on days I want my makeup dark or know I will have extraordinary fallout, I reach for this stuff, dab it underneath my eyes, and wipe away when I'm finished.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Palladio Translucent Rice Powder Review I am in love...I have combination skin that's more on the oily side, I have a fair African American complexion (like Kerry Washington), and I also have enlarged pores on my nose. After applying it my skin texture looked smooth especially on my nose and I did not ashy! After a couple hours I'm still oil free. I love it!

I love this stuff! i got it in translucent just to try it because I found it at Sally's at a really good price. Its lasted me a really long time- like 8 months
I don't use the little puff it comes with, I just use a powder brush and it works great. Its very fine, so it gets in the small creases and whatnot. Sometimes i will use my finger to get a little more powder and put it under my eye so my congealer really stays in place
Love this and will definitely buy it again!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Sorry, Bourjois -- I've come back to Palladio! The face powder saga continues ... after reading all the rave reviews on MUA and having owned the blotting paper myself, I decided to grab a pack of this at Sally's, where it retails for an awesome CDN$8 (Bourjois would've cost CDN$27!) The powder is finely-milled and goes on smoothly on my face, with no stinging/pore-clogging like I've experienced with other powders. Maybe it's the rice. Palladio usually lasts me through an entire day at university, with only tissue-paper blotting in between. I dust it on over moisturizer and concealer, and also use it as a primer for eyeliner.

I only took off a lippie because of the packaging. As others have already mentioned, it is TERRIBLE. The powder comes in a box with a lid and no latch, so if you drop it, you end up spilling a lot (and probably coughing all over the place). I just put an elastic around it and keep it flat on the counter to avoid that problem, and as I don't need to touch up, I don't need to bring it with me to school. The smell could also be a problem for some, but it doesn't really bother me. Overall, great product! I will repurchase when I run out.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Flawless finish for the super-pale gal? This stuff does it right!

The packaging is kind of a nightmare, with messy fallout and no sure way to keep the powder closed. Often on sale at Sally Beauty or Ulta, so you may as well give it a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Believe it or not, I would prefer this over my YSL Matte Radiance Compact Powder. It really does control oil! I repurchased this a week ago and the first time I used it was seven years ago. The only thing I don't like is the packaging because it's messy but nonetheless effective oil control! You definitely get way more than you pay for! ($5)

This stuff is my little secret. I'm actually not a makeup person because my face gets super oily every time I wear it, but since I've discovered this product I'm much more comfortable wearing foundation. I only like the smell because it's nostalgic for me, but I can understand why others complain about it smelling like elderly women or whatever. I suggest you use a brush instead of the square applicator enclosed. Definitely give this a try if you're a profuse sweater/oily person.