Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.7

I loved it when I first bought it but found as I was nearing the bottom of the effects wore off - no cold water feeling, no real coverage (understanding it is a transluscent the one I bought) I'm hoping this is simply because I don't have enough of it left. However, probably not loving enough to fork out that much for a transluscent powder again. Might go a cheapo.

on 7/12/2007 3:19:00 PM

When asked whether i would buy this product again, can i answer with a HELL NO????

OMG.This supposedly 'magic' powder is H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.

Yes, it is finely milled, its soothing when applied, bla bla bla all that other nice thing and sure your face looks radiant.....ONLY FOR THE FIRST HOUR probably. Let me see...i applied right before i left for work and when i got to work and checked my face in the mirror, i could see it starts to get really cakey!!! The lines on my face that i'd never know existed appeared all over !! I had to wipe my face off with tissue(coz i'm at work and didn't have my makeup remover with me). My face looked so much better after i wiped it all off. It's really frustrating especially after you'd spent $36.50(w tax) and have high expectation of it.

I'm 26. Asian with tanned skin. Residing in Maryland,USA. I have normal/combination skin.

It's the summer right now and it is rather warm and humid so maybe the weather might have a little to do with it. But then again, with the suggested price, it shouldn't have made it looked like it's worth $1.

**Edited -- I've failed to mention earlier that i use krayolan foundation stick underneath the powder and have had no problems when i used it with krayolan loose powder. I'm going to try it with other foundation or not even apply any foundation and we shall see how it'll work!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this product pretty regularly for the last couple of years. My old container went bad (wasn't cooling and started to smell) so I got a new one. I was lucky enough to find this at the CCO because it was $10 cheaper and wanted to write a review since I just got a brand new one. I love this product. My skin is dry but because the powder is water-based, it doesn't accentuate the dryness of my skin. It feels very cooling when you apply it (I use my Mac 187 brush). Some people have conplained that it's too shimmery and I disagree. I don't think that it's glittery at all. I think that it's very very finely milled shimmer that's packed with loose powder. I don't find that my skin looks too shimmery, it just looks flawless. I've received a bunch of compliments on how good my skin looks when I use this product and this is the best loose powder that I've ever used.

For reference, I buy Translucent, which looks light but actually is translucent (NC42).

EDIT: I used to love this but not so much anymore. It's been making me pores look larger and hasn't been giving me the flawless finish that it used to.

on 5/31/2007 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

lasts forever, i got mine 2 years ago and i still have and use it all the time. fells great and cool when applied.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm not sure what the point is to this stuff. all it did was highlight every pore and wrinkly on my face! yeah, the "cool" feel is interesting but I still don't get it. lol The sparkly stuff needs to be left to the teenagers...not us middle aged ladies. :)

I never really used this because it just made me look dirty. blek.

also, as much as I love loose powders, I WISH to heaven someone would come up with a container that is TRAVEL friendly. This stuff spills everywhere when it is opened after being thrown about in a suitcase aboard a plane. Not sure what the solution is.

on 6/30/2007 11:57:00 PM

I've been using this product for years I just love it. The cool wet effect is strange at first but you get used to it. It's a translucent power I dont think is really glitter at all. I have some large pores and with this the light reflects them. My face always looks flawless people dont even notice that I have some little acne around that time of mth. I use laura mercier t/m and her secret camo for coverage of pimples put on blush and finish with this and I'm flawless. Some days its just this powder nothing else.

on 3/18/2007 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love this powder. i alternate between this, laura mercier, and alison raffaele translucent loose powders as an all over face powder. i'm not sure why people are saying this is too shimmery, as it doesn't look shimmery on me AT ALL. it looks like a normal loose powder to me. however, i'm used to wearing a lot of shimmery type blushes so maybe i'm just used to it. i wear a matte cream blush underneath the magic powder and my skin looks great, clear and flawless. also, i really love the cooling effect, and feel myself get a little disappointed when the other powders i use don't have the same effect. so all in all, a great functional powder.

on 2/22/2007 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in the red neutralizer, and I gotta say that it works very well on me. I have fair skin, but a couple of broken capillaries and redness on the face near my nose and around my cheekbones. This powder works to cover that redness... I am going to purchase my second box soon. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry, I just wash my face, moisturize, put this powder on, and go over my entire face with NARS loose powder... put a bit of blush, and I look natural and ready to go. I really like this product!!!

on 4/24/2007 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have dry skin, and I am generally *VERY* leery of powder. I would say more like I have had a love/hate relationship with powder. As a positive, powder gives a nice finished look. On the other hand, all too often powder makes dry skin look even more dry than it actually is and accentuates lines. A few years ago, when Px launched the *Magic* line, the SA put me in the whole line. I wasn't too impressed with most of it. But the Liquid Powder, I have repurchased several times. It is a unique product that finishes the makeup without looking chalky or making me look like my skin is parched.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Goal: a translucent, natural powder. Got the fast pitch from the Prescriptives SA about this powder. She claimed it was a water based powder, and as she put it on my hand, it did indeed have a cool, "wet" feel. While my mind was trying to comprehend this, she talked about the powder's "radiance crystals" and lightly brushed my face with th powder. I sparkled. This isn't a good thing. I said it was a bit too glittery for me. She insisted that it wasn't glitter, but a "radiant glow," and walked me over to different lighting and proudly held a hand mirror to my face. I still sparkled. It was too glittery. She insisted again, it wasn't glitter, but "radiant glow." While I love Prescriptives, the glitter factor in this product looked a little too disco for my tastes and I made a purchase from the Clinique counter instead (Blended Face Powder, Transparency 3).