E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I wish there was a hell yea id buy a again button. These lip glosses to me are better than all those high end glosses. This is on top with Jordana. For a dollar a piece they are glossy, pretty and stay on for a fair amount of time with drinking and talking allowed.

Ick, I did not like this. I got it in "goddess," which was a pretty color, but the smell was just so overwhelming. I'm usually not too picky about fruity-smelling lip glosses, but this one smelled like really cheap, artificial grape. It was so strong that my entire makeup bag smelled like it. I thought I could get over the smell at first, but I just couldn't. The smell doesn't fade once you put it on your lips, either. I wanted to like this, but I ended up throwing it out after a couple of days. If you're looking for a good e.l.f. gloss, I would recommend the liquid lipsticks over these. At least those have a subtle vanilla-mint smell, but that's just my opinion.

on 3/13/2010 5:13:00 AM

I really like this lip gloss - I'm not a lip gloss expert and haven't tried any HE ones, and truthfully, never got the lip gloss thing before - the lip glosses I had purchased in the past were not great I guess. After finding ELF, I figured why not, it's only a dollar (as many people obviously do). So, I got a bunch of the different types of lip glosses that ELF offers, and I like all but one type (the Hypershine Gloss, which was blech-tasting for me). I waited before reviewing just to see what I was drawn to, what I grabbed for without really thinking, and it was this one. True, it has a very strong grape bubblegum smell, which I personally love, and if you taste it inadvertently it's just sweet like sugar but no other taste that I can tell. I like that it feels thick, I love the type of glossiness it has, the SPF ain't bad either. Gonna put some on right now :).

Godess is (as most other reviewers have noted) a medium mauvey-pink with a little bit of shimmer. It caught my eye because of the color (not your standard boring pink).

The gloss is actually quite thick but it isn't terribly sticky. On my lips it is slightly darker than my natural lipcolor and it wears off fairly evenly and fades subtley. It gives my lips a nice muted shine and feels very comfortable and smooth.
It seems to last about 2-3 hours; for a dollar at Target, it is worth it! I would love to get other colors.

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I like this product because it gives a nice hint of color, super shiny, smells good and moisturizing at a bargain price! It also has better packaging then their hypershine gloss because it is in a tube. There is more control over the product and it just so much easier to work with. I would definitely buy this again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love these glosses. I have glosses from NARS, MAC, Revlon, loreal, maybelline, clinique, Victoria's Secret etc. yet these are my favorite and not because they're cheap. For one, I really like the smell. To me, they smell like the taste of Grape Skittles. That may turn people off, but it's yummy to me. I also like the texture-not too sticky like MAC but not too watery like Victoria's secret-they kind of feel like the VS soothing lip balm-right in between in terms of sticky factor. They are very moisturizing and sort of fade nice and even instead of leaving that waxy overlay feeling on your lips. love!

on 2/25/2010 7:00:00 PM

I was really pleasantly surprised how good those stuff are. I got three, they are all pigmented. The Goddess is actually lighter than my natural lip color but is pigmented enough to "over ride" my lip color nicely. I also like that it's muted shine instead of bright shine, perfect with smokey eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This stuff impressed me. I heard good things about ELF & it was only $1 so I was like, okay try it. It actually works well. My lips have been dry lately & this moisturized them, while adding some color (I have it in Watermelon. Love the color!) and added a nice shine. It's also not sticky, which is why I don't use glosses too much (except Clinique's. LOVE THAT STUFF, but I lost mine, so I'm looking for a cheaper alternative, although it seems I'll have to dish the $ to get another one). The reason I took off a lippy is 'cause the smell is strong (right when I opened the package I could smell it) and it tastes HORRIBLE if you accidentally taste it. Overall, I said I wouldn't repurchase 'cause glosses last me forever & when I need to, I'll probably try/buy something else, but I would definitely recommend this. I mean, its only $1 :)

I got this at Target in a set of 3 (Nashville, Miami, and Boston). LOVE them all! They are my favorite lip glosses.
Nashville is a light peachy pink, Miami is a bit darker with a little more brown. And Boston is a reddish bronze. Nashville is goes on sheer, Boston is more pigmented, and Miami is almost the same color as my natural lip color so I can't really tell.
They're all very shiny and they last pretty long on me if I try not to constantly press my lips together (which takes off pretty much any type of lip gloss if I do it enough). I'm used to the stickiness of most lip glosses so to me, this really isn't that sticky. It's just thick but that doesn't bother me. The grapey smell doesn't bother me either, since I like fruity scents.
Price: $1 each
I've ordered 5 more colors from elf's website that are on their way.

Well... this stuff feels really nice on your lips, gives a little color and has a nice taste to it.

For 1 dollar, it is a hell of a good product (:

I have this in tropical breeze i think.