Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/16/2008 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Got this from my cousin as a birthday present, and to be honest, i'm really glad that she bought this for me. It's a fantastic eye shadow palette, with beautiful colours inside. Love the packaging, love the colours, love the texture, love everything about it. :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The colors in this palette are sooo gorgeous. I love them. Everything is very pigmented and even more so with some UDPP. Like everyone else here I experience A LOT of glitter fall out but I find that if you're doing a lid color with one of the glittery color and you dampen your brush and then pat the color on and blend out the color that it helps a little bit. I would only repurchase the colors I really liked.

(click continued for pic!) Urban Decay makes some of the best eyeshadows. Highly pigmented, versatile colors. If you can't bear to shell out $16 for a single e/s, this set allows you to have 10 eyeshadows for only $34. Obviously there's not as much of each color, but since they're so pigmented, they last a good amount of time. The colors in this set are complimentary and you can definitely mix and match. The only color I don't use is Mildew - I feel like this color looks weird on tan/darker skintones (gorgeous on those with fairer skin though!). I wish there was another darker color (maybe a plum or navy blue) and that there wasn't so much glitter fallout, but other than that, this e/s set is definitely worth the price. Regarding packaging; the box is very pretty, and the large mirror and magnetic latch are good touches!
edit: Duh, I just realized that I had a fan brush! It makes brushing off the glitter fallout 100x easier. Invest in a fan brush. (I'm using Smashbox #22) continued >>

on 2/3/2008 12:54:00 PM

great set of shades -- all have some sort of shimmer... have not tried all = but I think the black shade has too much glitter for this 35yr old mother of three...

overall I am happy - just used Smog and Sin - good color payoff but NO staying power for me without base. I used NYX jumbo pencil in yogurt.

packaging was really cute but CHEAP (cardboard) for the hefty $34 i paid. however, i really like to play with colors and would purchase again.

UPDATE! Way too much fallout and I do my eye mu first just for that reason. Well, the glitter is so chucky and extremely difficult to brush away on my skin. I even washed my eyes because there was too much glitter everywhere and I still have some left without the color. ARGH! I will only purchase the singles that I loved from the set. It was a learning experience and cheaper than to buy each seperately to find out I dont like all of them.

on 1/20/2007 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

High quality shadows-long lasting, highly pigmented and applies smoothly, no streaking. Overall, a great assortment of colors, but only if you like SHIMMER, no matte colors in this set. Small amounts per pan, but if you like assortment rather than quantity, a great way to try Urban Decay's best sellers.

Works out to 3.40 per shadow, most very wearable; I was especially impressed with the black shimmer color which was like pure charcoal with shimmer - perfect for an easily applied smoky eye, better than any eyeliner, when used with a primer to help it stay put. As a 30-something woman (which means some tendency for shimmers to look crepey) using Urban Decay for the first time, this doesn't seem to sit in the pores like some other brands do, and emphasize crepiness. Although, I might add, all shimmers still have to be used judiciously as to not look like 70's disco-crazed during the day - which seems to look great on the under 30 crowd!

Although I think the paper and magnet packaging looks cool, i'm seriously not thinking if i drag it around my bag, that it'll look nice. I much prefer plastic palettes for that.

on 12/28/2006 2:56:00 AM

Buy this! This is such a great value on high quality eyeshadows. Everyone already gave this a 5, so I'm not going to say a whole lot. Although, what I will say is: If you have any hesitations about buying this, don't! It will be well worth your money. And if anything, this is neatest packaging I've ever see, and I'm a Benefit user! It comes in a sleek fine cardboard case, with a design of a gun shooting out an abstract array of swirls, butterflies, and flower-type-things. Some of the objects are a purple metallic, and the darker are made of a felt, so it feels nice to touch. One little let town was the sponge applicator it comes with. I have so many of these things, and I generally find them useless. (Although, the ones in NYX shadow compacts are good.) I wish this palette came with a brush, like my MAC holiday palette. Although, my MAC palette looks so boring now that I have this.
UPDATE 1/12/07: I've noticed that all these shadows tend to not entirely stick to my lids and fall to my cheek area (I'm talking shimmer, so I need to either use tape or remover to take it off), and I do use a primer. This makes me have to reverse my makeup routine to doing my eyeshadow first, which is generally further down the list of my routine. This has kind of turned me off of buying more Urban Decay eyeshadows... But, knowing me, I'll probably be forgiving one day and buy more.

on 12/11/2006 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Awesome quality eyeshadows, of course! Very nice color selection. I'm medium olive with dark brown eyes, and there's not a single shade in the palette that does not match my coloring perfectly. Gorgeous selection, and very pretty packaging. It's not the biggest eyeshadow palette around, but it contains enough product to last long. Love it!