Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 10/4/2010 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was a fan for months. It is probably the best out of all the online companies, but that's not saying much. The coverage is okay, but there are some cons. Even with their oil control and setting powders, it still gets greasy all over fast. It also has a shine where it looks okay in one light, then bam, greasy in another angle.
Also, this oxidized on me! I was using Golden Fair. The lightest color for yellow undertones.

Pro: It did not break me out.

My all time favorite mmu!! I wear Light Neutral in the buff category. IMO, it's much better than bare minerals, which is what I used to use before discovering EM. I love the intensive formula for when I have acne marks that haven't quite faded, for extra coverage.

It's not so shimmery but helps brighten up your complexion. It doesn't make me oily or dry and it lasts all day, through any season. The only con I could think of is that I am not a huge fan of the packaging as it takes up space but I can deal with that. Definitely recommend this if you're in the market for mmu :)

on 9/7/2010 2:20:00 AM

terrible color consistency. i liked the sample so i went ahead and ordered two large sizes to stock up. the color was literally 4-5 shades darker. I emailed them and they admit that there was a color difference but did not offer replacement of any kind. they say that the difference in formula yeild different shade. wtf??? they should have put that on their website

I just want to be clear that I love Everyday Minerals (way better than BE in priced and quality, much creamier and less dry). But this formulation is just not for me.

This product is also best used dry, not wet as with B.E.

It is good, don't get me wrong; it does last all day. However, I've tried all the formulations except Original Glow, and this one is the least buildable, actually providing less cover thus, then Semi-Matte and Matte.

So you girls want good coverage, and good oil control, I suggest Matte. I prefer the Semi-Matte because for oily/combo skin I believe it is the most buildable, but I love Matte for it's oil controlling properties. I ordered full sized foundations for Semi-Matte and Matte, I think I'll be mixing them (maybe 1/2 and 1/2) to get the most buildable coverage with good oil control.

The Semi-Matte formula gives a matte finish that looks most like skin, while the Matte formula is more of a typical dry matte formula with no reflective properties on your skin. (Tho semi-matte is NOT dewy, shiny, or glittery, just the most natural; matte is just best for oil control because it doesn't reflect light- as much?). Matte also becomes more like your skin throughout the day as it absorbs the oil, so if you have oily skin and not combo I definitely suggest the Matte.

The Intensive on the other hand, did not cover my redness. In fact the first time I tried Everyday Minerals I thought I'd like this formulation and I was quite disappointed until I used the other formulations.

I also like using the Semi-Matte with as my base with a light layer of Matte buffed over the Semi-Matte in my t-zone area. My face looks fresh and radiant this way, and the oil-control is still great!

I highly recommend Everyday Minerals not only for price, but it greatly suits many skin tones, is buildable up to a full-coverage foundation, lasts all day, and I don't have any problems with it oxidizing or any of that.

Before Everyday Minerals, I didn't think mineral make-up made my face have a "wow" factor. Semi-Matte and Matte make me think different about my skin when using Mineral Make-up!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Everyday Minerals is a great company in general, they aim for costumer service! I went to their website and got my free sample of the Light kit and I fell in love with the intensive formula foundation. It covers so smoothly and evenly and I'm so happy with the formula type, the only draw-back was that the color was a little too dark for me so I have some other samples I order at $2.50 each! That is so check, shipping is even cheap, only $3! I'd say this formual top BE matte foundation in that it covers better and is more that half the price. EM also has a very wide range of shades to choose from which will make most customers very happy. The little sample jars a meant to last 5-7 days I think but I've been using my jar for about 3 wks and it's maybe half way gone. I haven't ordered the full size yet because I'm try to find the right color. My only complaint is that the sample jars are soooooo tiny, I have a hard time maneuvering my brush around. I actually got one of my smaller tupperware lids that didn't have a bowl and I tap the product into it a little at a time so I can get it on my brush better. Also what's great is that I'm oily skinned and while this doesn't completely mattify my skin it helps better than anything I've tried. Works super fantastic on my under eye circles too!

Edit: As it turns out I've discovered that Mica (the main ingredient in this) if AWFUL for oily skin, it gives the strangest shine to the face when your skin get oily. It's so not attractive. Wished this could have worked for me since it's relatively cheap but I just cannot handle looking like I've been spray painted with a yellowish gold shimmer.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Fine I love it ,this product not to harm cutaneous and make the skin feels smooth

on 8/6/2010 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Everyday minerals sell via their website and send free tester pots for you to try the shades, which is great. Once you get the hang of it (and have a decent brush) it's so quick to apply- much faster than liquid foundation as you don't need to blend. I use this on 'good skin days' or times when I'm not too bothered about covering my acne scars. The intensive formula does have surprisingly good coverage for a powder but if you put too much on it can make you look older. Sometimes for a night out I'll use a thin layer of this over my liquid foundation, and then I have great coverage. Overall I'd say it's definitely worth trying some tester pots.

on 7/8/2010 2:13:00 PM

Everyday Minerals Pressed Power in Medium Beige. I was excited to get me new pressed powder as I love mineral makeup and wanted to try the pressed version, The packaging is nice.

I stoked the brush in the compact and it was very messy. The color is a good match in the compact but when I put it on my face it was gross. It looked like I put dirt on my face. It made my pores look bigger and my face brokeout from it. Worth a try, Will stick with my Senna MM

on 7/14/2010 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I wanted to try some mineral makeup for my acne prone skin so I gave this a shot. I tried BE before but it made my face itch. What a mistake! Within a week I had big cysts on my cheeks and forehead that took a few weeks to clear up. I have hormonal acne which is just around my mouth area but this made me break out everywhere, and I only applied one layer. Will not purchase again.

on 8/15/2010 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this product. This product became an alternative for me when I found out that I had a horrible allergic reaction to the Bare Minerals foundation that contains Bismuth Oxychloride. I've used EDM for a few years now and I am very pleased. It gives me great coverage, it's light, and it works very well with my super oily skin. It doesn't break me out or make me itch either which was a terrible problem that I had with the Bare Minerals regular foundation. I was a little worried when EDM started using Lauroyl Lysine in their products but I have to say that even that didn't break me out and I get the same beautiful coverage that I always have with EDM intensive foundation. I like the new packaging as well..the half sifter with twist top so I can control how much or how little I want of the product at any given time. I also like the price. Though now that Bare Escentuals makes a matte foundation without the bismuth and it doesn't react to my skin and I do use it, I still keep my EDM around and just rotate the two. They both give great coverage..but come on.. you can't beat 12 bucks compared to 28. LOL! So EDM definitely beats out the Bare Minerals Matte as far as price is concerned hands down.