Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.2

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

gives great shine, and completely dries polish in less than 10 minutes (may even be dry sooner but I'm too afraid to test it before the 10 minute mark). Polish seems to last without chipping for about 1-3 days so on that front I am not happy with this product. Would recommend to anyone needing a top coat which dries very quickly, but I wouldn't recommend to anyone who wants their manicure to last chip free for more than 3 days.

on 2/24/2014 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is the best top coat I have tried. Lasts for a week, does not chip, amazing!
I was using Sache Vitta because it gives that nice gloss, however it was very thick and it changed the color of my nail polish. Essie is way better, love it.

on 1/31/2014 8:35:00 PM

Two women I work with always have super shiny, great looking nails - I thought they were gel polished. But it turns out, both of them just swear by this as a topcoat so I had to get it. Though $10 is usually a little steep for me for polish, this is totally worth it!

Dries SUPER fast. Before I would worry about smudging or chipping for an hour or more after painting my nails. This makes my polish dry and set completely within less than 20 minutes - no more having to avoid touching things for hours, which means I'm more likely to paint my nails. :) Goes on very smoothly, not too thin or thick, and no bubbles once dry.

The speed is wonderful and the finish is great too! It's very, very glossy/shiny and does make regular polish look as good as gels. Helps prevent chipping; even with frequent antibacterial washing and typing, makes my polish last at least 4 days.

Definitely recommend this one. It's a must!

The best top coat ever!! Does what it says. It makes your nail polish dry faster, plus it adds a gorgeous shine to it. Will continue to purchase.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I liked this top coat but it wasn't amazing. It adds a nice shine to the nails, doesn't cause any shrinkage and dries super quickly. However I find it doesn't prevent chipping. I don't notice a difference between when I do and don't use this top coat, chipping wise.

It is a nice top coat and would be good if you paint your nails regularly or for short periods of a time but if you want something that will prevent chipping I don't think this is the top coat for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! dries insanely fast and is shinier than Seche Vite (in my opinion...) I am a licensed cosmetologist so I have access to beauty supply shops that are extremely discounted for professionals only, so I can buy this for $4.00 which can't be beat. I used to swear by Seche Vite (which I still love and use) but this doesn't stink as much and I swear it dries with better shine. I wish it came in a gallon size haha since I paint my nails different every day (I have a SERIOUS nail polish addiction) I always suggest this to friends, family, and clients to use... its amazing!

on 12/8/2013 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I've used Poshe, Seche Vite, Sally Hansen (in the red bottle) and Dazzle Dry, (great product, but difficult to find and thickens too quickly, although you can order a thinner for it) among many others, but this one is my favorite. It gives me more shine than SH, it dries far quicker than Poshe or SV, it's easy to find and it thickens more slowly than all the others (except SH, but that added no shine). I can't seem to find it at Walgreens or CVS anymore, but the local beauty supply store carries it. I'm on my second bottle and will repurchase.

Edit:

This used to come in a bottle with beige lettering. The new bottle has green lettering and it has been reformulated. Now my nails have awful sheet marks on them which NEVER happened in all the years I used the old formula. I have to find another top coat.

on 11/29/2013 10:04:00 AM

I have just used this product once but will update my review if things change. This top coat is very nice! It really does dry the polish much more quickly than my previous Sally Hansen "no chips", although I am still careful with my nails. This is fairly thin in consistency, which I like. It gives amazing shine which lasts much better than the SH in my opinion. I used "first base" base coat, 3 coats of "very cranberry" and topped up with this. I have only got some tip wear but no major chipping in 3 days – and I have to say for me that is an improvement. Normally my nail polish chips the next day. Those of you luckier than me may have even better results. I did top up once after 2 days as the gloss faded a little bit (though it was not too bad). So yes, I would absolutely buy this product again.

on 12/26/2013 4:46:00 PM

My hg topcoat since 8 bottles already. Dries fast, makes your manicure glossy and longer lasting+ you can almost finish the bottle before it bekomes unworkable (keep it cool and in the fridge as much as possible). Does go a bit syrupy in the end but still manageable. Not cheap but worth it.

on 12/25/2013 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I used to only do my nails once every other week, because it wasn't worth the trouble. I was so ridiculously fed up with spending the time only to have them smear or end up with finger prints hours after they were supposed to be dry.

A friend recommended this product after I went to an event with my nails looking like poo because I had ruined them in the car. I was astonished her nails looked so good from an at home manicure, they were so shiny and thick and perfect. I was sure it was gel.

I immediately purchased Good to go and used with my fav oxblood color that is so hard to use because it stains. I used one coat of Essie fill in the gap, two coats of polish, and one generous coat of this. (I waited about 3 min between each). 5-10 min they were dry and I could smack them against anything without fearing a chip or smudge!

During the drying do be careful because the coat is thick and tacky, if you touch it it will ruin.