Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

2.7

Price: $

Price: $

Bought the Expert Eyes in Night Sky. In the package, color looks BLACK, but on my fair skin, it translates to a beautiful charcoally smokey gray, very lovely. However, I haven't seen an eyeshadow that creases and fades as bad as this one in YEARS. Will try putting it on with a wet brush, but all in all, what a shame. Lovely color but needs reformulation.

This is actually really good and Im glad I bought it. I have the color TAPESTRY TAUPE and its gorgeous for hazel or geen eyes. It applies smoothly and looks great. The olny con is after about 6 hours it creases. Which i hate ! but the color is amazing and i use it every day so Im sticking with this !

I have 2 ExpertWear Monos in Spring Green and I Love Lilac. I put it on at 7 AM and this eyeshadow still looks great at 7 PM, it doesn`t crease at all and doesn`t fade (I always use a foundation).
The only one reason that stops me from buying more Maybelline products, is that they test on animals :(

A perfectly average eye shadow. The colors tend to fade over time but most do with me. I won't throw out what I have (I can use UDPP underneath to help it stay), but I am not going to repurchase. For cheap eye shadows with staying power, try ELF.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have lasting lilac on right now but I fing the color is weak and fades, I wet the brush and no I have STUNNING eyes, my only complaint is the color selection, if you have brown eyes get lasting lilac...or stick with a more expensive, higher end brand.

pros : the color's not too pigmented for everyday wear. the applicator that comes with it is pretty decent.

cons : it tends to fade throughout the day (yes, i use a primer.) it creased on me a couple of times. the color's not very pigmented, so you need to layer it a couple of times before you get a good color payoff. i hate the cheap - looking plastic container ; IT'S SO UGLY! i might have gotten a defective one, but i had to scrape the shadow off with a tweezer then follow up with an eyeshadow brush to pick up the loose shadow.

overall : i would never buy this again. it wasn't worth my money.

i actually really like this eyeshadow!

Mine says ExpertWear Eye Shadow, so maybe they have changed the formula?

i have Emerald Isle quad and Silver Lining single. i want to get some more colors because they are so cheap!

Mine doesn't crease at all, but the color is a little softer than it is in the pan (but i think most shadows are a tad less intense)...

I didn't like the texture. Not finely milled at all. It was too gritty and didn't blend well. There was too much sparkle. I didn't like the colors too.

I never thought Maybelline eyeshadows were anything to really rave about, and their eyeshadows are no exception. They may have some decent and workable colors, but they're more "miss" than "hit" - especially if you're looking deeper/brighter colors.
A majority of the colors that they have are pretty much all filler, but they're not as bad as other drugstore brands.
So, with some colors you are going to keep digging until you get the desired result.

I'd check out the lighter colors in the Maybelline line, as they make some great highlighters for the eyes. Other than that, I wouldn't mess with them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm not a big fan of this stuff, its neat that they show you how to apply it to achieve a 'look'. The little applicators it comes with are terrible and I didn't like the colour on me at all. I think this stuff is only so-so and not really worth the money unless you find colours you like or just like the fact thats its a 4 in 1 compact.