MAC MAC Liquid Liner

3.4

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This eyeliner was ok but definitely not worth $20.
I was surprised at how grayish it was. It had a nice brush and no smell but overall it was not any better than drugstore liquid liners.

Nah this ain't so great. The reason being the black isnt jet black, it's sorta a washy gray black. I like a strong, blackest of blacks eyeliner that applies like that with one stroke. This product failed to do that, & for the prices MAC charges I reckon it's a bit budget.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Yay! I'm glad I wasn't swayed by the bad reviews. I love this stuff! Wore it twice so far- once for an 8 hour waitressing shift and the second time out shopping (was out all day long) and it didn't smudge! Pretty easy to apply (damn my shaky hands) but easy to fix before it dries if you make a mistake. Also, I know this is dumb, but I LOVE the container. It's just so pretty and classic looking. So happy that this works better than MAC's eye pencil, which was wayyy too smudgy and ended up below my eyes by the end of the day.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Is it just me who experienced a weird fall-out type flaking with this product? Not long after it dries I find I have a dusting of black, powdery fall-out under my eyes. The only way to remove it properly is with make-up remover (which means I have to reapply my under eye concealer - not great in for the early morning getting ready rush) or I have panda-eyes for the rest of the day. The fall-out is so bad my colleagues have noticed it.
I bought this liner because I had issues with Blacktrack Fluidline smudging and fading in my inner tear ducts (I don't have watery eyes) and I wanted something with more staying power. This product certainly doesn't have that. Not only have I experienced the fall-out, this liner also smudges at the slightest touch. All I have to do is wipe my finger across the surface and I have unwanted smoky-eyes!
For the price (13.50), this product well and truly underperforms, particularly against MAC's own website claims of: "Liquid Liner is long-wearing and smudge-resistant".
On the plus side; the applicator is excellent for precise lines and flicks. I might just get rid of the liner and keep the applicator to use with other gel liners!
All in all, a particularly sub-par product. I won't be re-purchasing.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

Pros:
1. It has a pretty good staying power. Granted, a little of it does fade after a long day, but just a little touch up will do fine. (I do not have oily eyelids so I'm not sure how it'd work for oily eyelids.)
2. I like the shape of the applicator. My eyes require a thick line as I have pretty heavy double lids, and a thick line is needed to be drawn on in order for it to be seen when I open my eyes (what a hassle, I know right!) The applicator is perfect for me and I bought Mac's 209 which is sort of similar to it and it really does wonders if you need a thicker line. If you need a thin line, no problem. Just use the pointy end of it and tada! I wear my eyeliner winged, so this little applicator is perfect for a thick and winged line.
3. The colour isn't absolutely black, it seems to have a slight tinge of blue in it (correct me if you will), which is what I like about it too.
4. There seem to be quite a lot of product in this. Like I said, I draw a really thick line and I use this almost everyday and this product lasts me for at least quite number of months! Amazing.
5. It's tiny and easy to bring on the go, so if you use the fluidline gel liner, you can bring this product if you ever need to touch up (but the gel liner has a stronger staying power for me)

Cons:
1. It can smudge a little, and you'd be required to head to the ladies to wipe it off. The only con that slightly bothers me but the pros definitely override this.
2. The price can be a little steep but I feel it's worth the investment.
3. I believe there's the waterproof and smudge-proof version of this liner and I have tried both. Currently, I'm using the waterproof one and sadly, it isn't really waterproof at all. When I make mistakes when drawing on the line, I just grab a cotton bud, wet it, and I can wipe off the mistake and draw over it. Don't know if it's a good or a bad thing, but it's definitely good in my case because I tend to make mistakes quite a bit so this "erasing" feature is in my favour. I'd go for the smudge-proof version though because the waterproof version doesn't really have the waterproof function? Hmm
4. It can really sting at times, so I use a eyeshadow primer and the stinging stopped.

Overall, I love this product and have been using this for about 2 years, and it's definitely a necessity in my bag irregardless whether or not I use a gel liner :) Would definitely recommend this!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I still hav ethis liquid eyeliner at home. It is still mostly full. It got it at the local makeup cpunter in my mall. I also like the retractable black eyeliner. Theis liquid eyeliner makes my eyes look so professionally done by a makeup artist. It gives me this theatrical look, that's why so many celebrities wear MAC (makeup art cosmetics) it gives me a look thta is dark and mysterious with the matching mascara. This is good and high quality waterproof, even lasts when I'm swimming, It even lasts for 9 hours, untill I take it off with makeup remover.

The formula itself is really great. I have boot black and it is super super black and lasts all day until i wash off all my makeup.

My only gripe with this is the applicator. its a very stiff pen-like point. i've used liquid eyeliner since grade 8, and i find it very hard to work with. i definitely would prefer a more flexible brush type applicator.

i would not repurchase just because of the stiff applicator, but i really like the formula

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I've actually had this for a few years, idk if the formula has been changed or not but it's an ok prodoct. I love the brush, it gives me a great thin precise line or a heavier one if I want it to be, but the brush is great. It's a stuff thin brush making it easy to control precision. The big con for me is the the non-waterproof/smudge factor. Even though it claims not to be waterproof, if you have oily lids or have very watery eyes like me, this will smudge like a mother. if they make a waterproof version, would def buy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Can't find any faults with this product. It's a basic, intense, black felt-tip liquid liner. That just about sums it up. Doesn't smear, doesn't smudge, doesn't transfer, doesn't fade. The easiest kind to use (due to the small precise applicator) and to remove with any simple makeup remover. I've gone through 3 or 4 tubes of this and I'll keep repurchasing, just so I can always have it handy even when I go through times when I want to try out new forms of liner (i.e. gel, cake etc). Recommended for anyone really.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This review might best benefit those who are prone to oily skin, just a heads up.

I was very much disappointed with this product! I expected the formulation to be much better. I have oily skin and from my various attempts at giving this product a decent trial run, I kept running into the SAME problems which includes: running, smearing, and it leaves an unpleasant crease mark of color to the top of the lid after 2 -3 hours after application...the color does not maintain its vibrancy for very long!

It may well be that it is because of my oily prone skin, which is again the reason that I want to reach out to the gals who have this problem, if you have oily skin I would definitely suggest you find another. The only thing I could say that I liked about this product is the brush, which I have now converted into a brow brush to apply the minimalist amount of color to the ends of my eyebrows for a precision.

One that I have come to love that helps is Kat Von D's liner in Puro Amor !

Hope this helps!